• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
>Timurids going for Delhi right off the bat
>ohshit.jpg

But yeah, it looks like that 50% manpower is critical. It looks like we may have to wait a bit for Egypt though. But it's critical to stop the Timurids before it's too late. I hope the horde and timmies get into a fight soon.

How did the war between Aquitaine and Pisa go?

EDIT: RIP in pieces tourmarches of Taurica

Last edited:
>Timurids going for Delhi right off the bat
>ohshit.jpg

But yeah, it looks like that 50% manpower is critical. It looks like we may have to wait a bit for Egypt though. But it's critical to stop the Timurids before it's too late. I hope the horde and timmies get into a fight soon.

How did the war between Aquitaine and Pisa go?

EDIT: RIP in pieces tourmarches of Taurica
I can think of one family which will be outraged.

View attachment 118776

I've thought about the reconquered cities getting more BT and manpower and I had one example in mind, Tangiers
Triggers :
-Tangiers is owned by the Imperium
-Tangiers is orthodox
-Tangiers is Greek
-Imperium owns : Gibraltar, Cadiz, Ceuta, Mellila, Fez and Gharb (this way you must control the neigbouring area)

Description :
Rejoice citizens of the Imperium. The old city of Tangiers, keeper of the Mediteranean has been reclaimed by the Imperium. Cleansed by the fire of the tagmata of the horrors from the West, numerous settlers have come from the Imperium to the new city of Heraclopolis (pillars of Heracles anyone ?) which has been serving as a naval base for the Imperial Navy to stop the Westerners enter the Mare Nostrum. (don't pay attention to the grammar, I've written that in 2mn :p )

Effects :
Tangiers renamed Heraclopolis
Tangiers gains +2BT
Tangiers gains +150MP
Will Heraclopolis work for a Christian, anti-Pagan Imperium, through?

I can think of one family which will be outraged.

Will Heraclopolis work for a Christian, anti-Pagan Imperium, through?

Well it's the only Greek name I could come with :p

And yes, Crimed is more at stake than ever

Crap, for some reason after several successful loadings the save suddenly stopped working :( As per the error log:

Code:
[savegamehelper.cpp:472]: Invalid file 
[savegamehelper.cpp:166]: Warning: save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4 is missing valid file magix, defaulting to TEXT.
[savegamehelper.cpp:166]: Warning: save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4 is missing valid file magix, defaulting to TEXT.

I made a post in tech support subforum but if anyone has any ideas please share them with me!

STATE OF THE WORLD
YEAR 1450
REPORT OF SCRINIUM BARBARORUM

xAScoBU.jpg

SUMMARY

OG8uWil.jpg

IMPERIUM ROMANUM

Ox82lCI.jpg

6AMGeDK.jpg

QRUMEpY.jpg

m9VTGDy.jpg

F8RWTsj.jpg

LEDGER

S88Knfo.jpg

8exBkkr.jpg

KsiBq9q.jpg

YM4FLrX.jpg

4tkeecH.jpg

uzLEki0.jpg

n6GiPCD.jpg

9BUgytR.jpg

MOk7DjC.jpg

iClNa04.jpg

THE KNOWN WORLD

SWSINL8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well, the state of the world is pretty interesting. All those blacked out religions... how many unknown nations are out there? As for the Prologue, it was great. I'm a little worried the first war ended in a loss, but I don't think the land the Horde took was all that important (I could be wrong). I'm sure the Imperium will take back that land eventually. Would it be possible to get a map showing the Imperium's borders after every exchange of land, lost or won?

Well, the state of the world is pretty interesting. All those blacked out religions... how many unknown nations are out there? As for the Prologue, it was great. I'm a little worried the first war ended in a loss, but I don't think the land the Horde took was all that important (I could be wrong). I'm sure the Imperium will take back that land eventually. Would it be possible to get a map showing the Imperium's borders after every exchange of land, lost or won?
I dunno; for now I can give you this:

J8yynBc.jpg

[size=+2]HELP NEEDED[/size]

The save of "Imperium Sine Fine" apparently stopped working for no reason. Here's the error log:

Code:
[savegamehelper.cpp:472]: Invalid file 

If anyone know what's wrong and how it can be fixed, please help me with this!

Oh my, not working save is bad new... I'm clueless, unfourtunatly :(
If the save stops working with no solution, what can we do? Did you keep a backup save or something?

Oh my, not working save is bad new... I'm clueless, unfourtunatly :(
If the save stops working with no solution, what can we do? Did you keep a backup save or something?
Backup ain't working too. In fact even test save made in 1446 in a new game as Imperium doesn't work too. Which is very weird because since I saved on 1st January 1450 yesterday I loaded the "Imperium Sine Fine" save several times and it worked without any problems.

What did the Xenoi burn all their manpower on? Have they fought anyone?

The decisions seem cool.
Also, how can Pisa still call itself Pisa? It's anything but that.

The decisions seem cool.
Also, how can Pisa still call itself Pisa? It's anything but that.

Reminds me of a early CK II game of mine that ended with me as the (greek orthodox) kingdom of Sicily, without the island of Sicily but the city of Pisa, and my rival the Kingdom of Pisa (don't ask, I don't know what happens) without the city of Pisa but the island of Sicily.

The prologue and the state of the world updates are great, making one very curios about what has/will happen. It's sad that the Save has stopped working but I'm afraid that I can't be of help there. :(

So, if I read this correctly, giving up a few provinces to the Horde allowed you to get a better trigerred effect because the empire was then just below the limit between small and medium corruption? In which case I have to wonder if it was purely an accident or on purpose ;)

I hope you'll find a way to fix this bug. I can't help, alas, haven't yet touched EU4, only EU3.

I think the xenoi are jsut burning their MP building up troops.

Im not sure what to think of the manpower. On the one hand they may have stopped their colonisation of our fair lands and are fighting a foe that matches them strength for strength. On the other, They may be prepareing for a invasion. Lets hope that its The horde that recieves. Also, we need to strike the timurids when they go to war in india. We have a brief chance when they convert to the mughals as their units will halt for re-fit. this could give us a chance to blitz their country, preparing a strong army to block forces in persia by guarding the mountain passes.

Also, any idea on how to fix the save. You could always delete the mod and re-convert it from ck2 again

[size=+2]SECOND SENATE SESSION - ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, in his wisdom decided to
[size=+2]CALL THE SECOND SENATE SESSION[/size]
to seek counsel of the noble Senators who, guided by the Holy Spirit, are going to debate and vote on the following matters:

[size=+1]SENATUS CONSULTUM
  • (1) Reform of the imperial administration and new legislation (National Focus)
  • [/size]
His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Markos III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:

Restauratio Fortitudinis Excercitus Romanorum Act

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That the Imperium Romanum, its Administration, Army and Navy, and all Logothesia are in a dire need of a Reform.
2. That such Reform is necessary for the preservation of the Imperium and all Roman citizens and all Christians.
3. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty absolutely and with no hesitation in all matters and all actions taken by Him.
4. That His Imperial Majesty, guided by the Holy Spirit and with Saint Markos' blessing, accurately and properly determined that such Reform has to continue.
5. That all Senators agree that the Imperium shall concentrate all its efforts on reforming Imperial Army (National Focus MIL), which is the foremost priority considering recent events.[/b]

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 1450 year and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill

[size=+1]RESOLUTIONS
  • (2) Liberation of Aegyptus (war vs the Timurids)
  • (3) Taxation of Roman merchants (slave trade)
  • [/size]
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senators to issue statements which are not directly related to these matters.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Session11:00 PM 17th November (Monday)
DEBATE (3 DAYS)12:00 PM 17th November (Monday)
Opening of the voting11:00 PM 20th November (Thursday)
VOTING (1 DAY)12:00 PM 20th November (Thursday)
Closing of the Session12:00 PM 21th November (Friday)
[size=+1]***[/size]

k8seKwO.jpg
[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces:
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 24 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required quorum for voting is 12 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required majority in voting on RESOLUTION is 12 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required majority in voting on SENATUS CONSULTUM is 16 SENATORS.

[size=+1]IMPERIAL SENATE (RULES OF INTERACTIVE AAR)[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that the following changes to the rules have been made:

Article 3 – Scope
1. Senatus consulta may be issued only within the scope of following matters:
- National Ideas;
- National Decisions;
- National Focus;
- Missions;
- Policies.
2. The Senate may propose provisions only within the scope of aforementioned matters.

Article 10 – Term of office
1. Representatives of the Noble Houses are Senators until removed from office.
2. Senators are removed from office in case of:
- death;
- being charged with treason or heresy;
- flagrant violation of the rules.
3. The Emperor may indict and deliver imperial justice to every Senator at any time.
4. Removal from office is announced by the President of the Senate.
5. Date of death is calculated using the following formula: (date of birth) + 75 years.
6. In case of death of its representative in the Senate, noble House have to submit an application including new Senator via e-mail to which all rules concerning creating characters apply.
7. Death due to natural reasons occurs between Senate Session.

Article 22 – Voting
1. Every Senator has 1 vote. Senators vote using ballots.
2. During voting Senators are allowed to make only one statement (1 post) which has to include vote in a proper form (ballot).
3. The statement (1 post) may include closing argument no longer than five sentences.
4. Senators may vote only in this thread and in-character.
5. Vote is invalid if:
- it doesn't fulfill the formal requirements;
- Senator voted writing out-of-character;
- Senator made more than 1 post during voting;
- Senator edited the post in which he voted;
- Senator voted after the voting has been closed;
- Senator voted in other place than this thread.
6. Non-Senators (regular readers) are advised not to post during the voting.
7. Senator who is absent (doesn't vote) during two consecutive Senate Sessions is removed from album senatorium together with his noble House, unless his absence was notified via e-mail or private massage before opening of the voting.

Article 24 - Quorum
1. For the vote to be valid, a quorum of at least half of the number of Senators is required.
2. Current number of Senators and quorum derived from it are included in the annoucement of the Senate Session issued by the President of the Senate.

Article 25 - Simple majority and absolute majority
1. Resolution is passed by a simply majority of votes but not less than half (1/2) of the number of Senators.
2. Senatus consultum is passed by an absolute majority of votes but not less than two-thirds (2/3) of the number of Senators.
3. Majorities required for resolution and senatus consultum are included in the announcement of the Senate Session issued by the President of the Senate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***

EDIT:[/size]

[size=+2]SECOND SENATE SESSION - FACTION LEADER'S ELECTION[/SIZE]

fasFLmq.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]

[SIZE=+1]
NRIMPERIAL SENATORPLAYED BYSENATE FACTION
1.Hadrianos Raoul (Blue Leader)(Attalus)Blue Demes
2.Ioannes Kantakouzenos(MaskedPersonage)White Demes
3.Leontios Kastelos(Leandor)unaffiliated
4.Lazaros Melissenos(McGrey)Blue Demes
5.Theophilus Rhadenos (White Leader)(viola)White Demes
6.Septimark Wedrovander(Kingjerkera)unaffiliated
7.Anastasios VI Salamis(ParrotGuy)Blue Demes
8.Decius Taurinus (Ponce_The_Great)Red Demes
9.Konstantinos Moustakas(Andre Massena)Red Demes
10.Georgios Tsoukalos(Halocon720)Blue Demes
11.Leon Zvonimir(Paragonfilmgoat)Blue Demes
12.Juan Cortez(zqrfmb)Blue Demes
13.Nicholaus II d'Este-Ravenna(Undead Martyr)Red Demes
14.Domenico Columbo (Red Leader)(luciusmalfoy012)Red Demes
15.Michael Scipion(varetta)Red Demes
16.Zubinus V Jalius(alamking)Blue Demes
17.Alexzander Victorianous (KotoR45)unaffiliated
18.Alexander Ouranos(Blogman66)Blue Demes
19.Osgar Godric(Malal)Blue Demes
20.Alexios Batavos(LordSolar)Red Demes
21.Frederik V Hvide(Drucchi)Blue Demes
22.Leo Solomonid(scelestus13)Blue Demes
23.Helios IV Eliasian(eliaspays)Blue Demes
24.Gaius Arrius(TheAnguishedOne)Blue Demes
[/SIZE]

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]REVISED SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Session11:00 PM 17th November (Monday)
DEBATE (3 DAYS)12:00 PM 17th November (Monday)
CANDIDATURES FOR FACTION LEADERS (1.5 DAY)11:00 AM 19th November (Wednesday)
Opening of the voting11:00 PM 20th November (Thursday)
VOTING (1 DAY)12:00 PM 20th November (Thursday)
Closing of the Session12:00 PM 21th November (Friday)
[size=+1]***[/size]

CANDIDATES FOR FACTION LEADERSHIP
If you want to announce your candidature you have to:
1. Use the following template:
„Senator <name> announces his candidature for Faction Leader of <COLOR> DEMES.”
2. Provide information about you (the player) using the following template:
Hours played in EU4: <number> hours
Following „This Is Madness I” since: chapter <number>
3. Provide information about your character (the Senator):
What Imperium should do before year 1460: <few sentences>
4. Make a short speach in which you lay down reasons for which other Senators should vote for you using this template:
Candidate speech: <speech>
5. After that you have to answer any questions other Senators ask you.
6. Current Faction Leaders may be re-elected for a second term (two Senate Sessions).

Example:

„Senator Exemplus Simplus announces his candidature for Faction Leader of DUMMY DEMES.”

Hours played in EU4: 9999 hours
Following „This Is Madness I” since: chapter 1
What Imperium should do before year 1460: Conquer the world. Destroy xenoi. Purge heretics.
Candidate speech: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum....

VOTING
1. Senators who are members of a Senate Faction (according to Album Senatorium in this post) MAY VOTE for a Faction Leader from their Faction.
2. Senators who didn't choose their Faction or are unaffiliated (according to Album Senatorium in this post) MAY NOT VOTE for a Faction Leader. They may however join the Faction during the debate and then vote.
3. Votes to be valid must be casted using the ballot. Ballots will be provided by President of the Senate before voting.
4. Faction Leaders elections will take place during Senate Session voting.

[size=+2]***[/size]​

I should have included this in the Second Senate Session announcement but - to be completely honest - I just forgot due to this whole "saves-are-not-working-my-AAR-is-doomed" thing. Sorry for the inconvenience, it won't happen again! You have to choose new Faction Leaders now since the rules say that they are elected for 2 Senate Sessions and therefore the elections have to take place before the Third Session begins.

Sorry once again!

Last edited:
Looking forward to the next debate, but I'm still worried. Has the issue with the savefile been taken care of?

I suggest to delay the Senate session until a solution is found- such uncertianty can get in the way of a real debate.
I really hope a solution is found soon, you've worked so much on this save with all the changes.
Oh, and does national focus has an effect on faction powers or only national ideas?