• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone heard anything more about this? VP told me that they were waiting on Paradox to submit a fix to steam, but Paradox told me that VP does all of the tech support for HOI3. In other words, is anyone actually fixing this or are they each expecting the other to fix it?

Has anyone heard anything more about this? VP told me that they were waiting on Paradox to submit a fix to steam, but Paradox told me that VP does all of the tech support for HOI3. In other words, is anyone actually fixing this or are they each expecting the other to fix it?

If I had to guess, VP made a patch, but they can't push it to the Steam servers. They handed off the patch to Paradox to upload, so now we're waiting for that to get pushed out in the next update.

Also, for those having issues registering the game on the forum: There IS a different key for the Mac and PC version on Steam. I was unable to register with the key shown on my normal installation, so I downloaded the PC version of Steam and launched it in a Wineskin, told it to download HoI3, and the right-clicked -> Get CD Key. Didn't have to wait for the full thing to download, and the key registered just fine on the forum. A bit annoying to have to go through these extra steps to register, but it should allow you access to the tech support side of the forums. Hope this helps!

Re: registering - that's very interesting, and unusual. Thanks for sharing that; I have a Windows partition with Steam too so I should be able to get my correct key that way. Still, this issue with Paradox not accepting Mac keys they have sold on their forum is something they should fix (if any authorities of any kind happen to be reading this thread by any chance :)).

Anyone having issue registering HOI3 and bought it for a mac, just lodge a ticket with the Zendesk and include proof of purchase. My friends over there will help you out.
https://paradox.zendesk.com

The key you have is to register with VP to activate the game.

The issue with the fix for Macs is known and I've been trying to find out more information. Once there is an update I'm sure that it will be shared asap.

I've been told the new patch from VP has been uploaded to Steam

It has, and it works. Thank you very much, Had a dad. I'm going to send a ticket re: registration to the Zendesk as you suggested now.

They are really quick there, it wouldn't surprise me if you've already been replied to.