[SUGGESTION] Send reinforcements (Manpower transfer for allies)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah besides this manpower need more usefull mechenics like it shuld be needed for ships and the garrisons and also it would be usefull if when you disband your non merc units to get the manpower back

Good idea, and the same for Navy, what if I instead of destroy my obsolete ships I want one vassal to have them?, then after it depends on the vassal to destroy them or keep them as backup force.

Why? In HoI you can send troops to your allies for a period of time. Your ally can control them from day X to day Y. Why would such a thing be silly for eu4 when its great for hoI?
Well, because it happened in HOI's timeline, and I don't think (I may be wrong) it happened in EU's timeline.

Why? In HoI you can send troops to your allies for a period of time. Your ally can control them from day X to day Y. Why would such a thing be silly for eu4 when its great for hoI?

That was for full divisions, not something as abstract as manpower. It was meant to simulate fronts where soldiers from different countries fought together.

Also is there any historical basis for one country telling thousands of its own men to serve in the ranks of other peoples armies? In this time period? That wasn't as part of some mercenary unit? And couldn't you just achieve the same thing for your allies by sending some money so that they can hire some mercs?

How would this work?

Could I, as 3m manpower Russia, support my OPM ally Ulm, by sending 300,000 men?

It's unbalanced. Horribly unbalanced.

Simple, you can only send manpower equal to their cap. Problem solved. Yes, you COULD send it multiple times but what would the benefit be? Fully functioning AI troops?

I'm more thinking of MP.

Will my manpower continue to regenerate? Can I send 30k, replenish 30k, send 30k, replenish 30k, and generally keep a war going on forever?

It would be kind of cool if you could enable "reinforcements" while they are at war. Instead of drawing from their manpower, they draw from yours, and you get the ducats they would have spent on reinforcements. A good way to put an idle resource to use. You could even include a slider limiting what portion of your manpower you're willing to invest. And they would be capped by their reinforcement rate; this manpower would not go into their manpower pool, so they couldn't use it to hire double the army or anything.

Let's say you have 100k MP not being used, and your buddy with 25k MP starts a war, but you're not part of it.

You send a diplomat his way and offer 25% of your MP as reinforcements, in return you get any ducats he has to spend on reinforcements.

His whole army fights a battle and half of them die. Instead of spending 12.5k of his own MP, he regenerates at normal speed, paying you 12,500 men's worth of reinforcements.
He does this a second time, and regens it again.
You've reached your limit, so now he's on his own.

Now that I think of it, it's pretty much just hiring your own army out as mercs

This is good as long as:
1)There is a delay relative to the distance between the two countries.
2)The manpower does not transfer fully but some is subtracted to represent attrition. Dependent on distance, terrain and winter.
3)There must be route with millitary access for the troops to march through to the another country.

How would this work?

Could I, as 3m manpower Russia, support my OPM ally Ulm, by sending 300,000 men?

It's unbalanced. Horribly unbalanced.

No it is not. It's brilliant. Then if you have espionage ideas you can actually track from where that manpower is coming then BUM you get a CB on that nation. The more time you had the spies in the country faster discovery of the manpower transfer oh I just added a peace time mechanic, improved a shit idea group, added a new CB....

Of course you should be able to send X amount of manpower depending on the distance, religion, culture group... you should find more soldiers to defend another territory with the same faith or same culture etc. You should not be able to send 100k to india but would be totally reasonable to send them to Lithuania

In March of Eagles you can also give your troops to your allies as I remember