• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Allow me to present to you, my fellow survivors, the new beacon of Humanity. The old world has faded. Though we live in ruins, these are merely a passing representation of what we are today. My fellow dwellers of the wasteland, we are all changing, and as we do, all the things around us shall change as well.

Radiation is not a haunting shadow of ash and death, it is a passing cloud. Insanity, even in the crazed minds of our raiders, will eventually run out of steam.Nothing lasts forever, not even desolation, misery, and war. Desolation is changed into prosperity, misery is transformed into hope, and war is stemmed by the visage of peace. We here at Rivet City, will provide all three.

Even now we expand the reach of our science and settlement; the broken concrete ruins replaced with a new, better city. Fields will again yield sustenance. The countenance of Death shall be stalled by the advances of society. The Land, and the People, and the Marvels of Civilization will be made bountiful again. My fellow Wastelander, though we struggle in despair, despair will soon struggle among us. As we grow, we will have hope again. It is in our nature to hope. Even now, new plans, and new ideas are being born into this world, by great people who share a dream of a brighter future, but not only that, a brighter future as well. War, the spirit of Death, the offspring of hate, shall be quelled. We will gather our hate, and cast it into the last dust-strewn winds.Why should we propagate death in a land so clearly marked by suffering?

Rivet City shall become that Lighthouse of the Future. We will grow into a plentiful city. We will hope for a brighter future. We shall transform war into peace."

Ron Shirley, on being prompted to make a speech.

Clearing the Metros

fallout-3-20081027020705579-000.jpg

Elder Lyons

After three years conducting mop up operations against the last hold outs of Enclave soldiers in the area Elder Lyons decides it’s time to redirect his forces in another direction. Sending a force consisting of thirty five well trained Brotherhood soldiers into the Mason District South Metro. There his men encounter several bands of super mutants as well as some raiders. Easily clearing out the raiders with no casualties they engage the super mutants. The mutants accustomed to the dark of the metro hold the advantage and although they are outnumbered they manage to kill thirteen recruits knights and paladins before they are all brought down. After this operation is completed support teams move in to secure the station laying down sand bags and turrets they make sure it is well defended. Although the Elder intended to take other metro stations between December and June due to the high casualties taken during this sortie he decides to call off the plan. Aside from this work continues within the Citadel on the remains of Liberty Prime. He is still a very long way away from completion and some scribes even estimate it could be 10 years before the robot is back up and running again.

(+Mason District South Metro, -5 Paladins, -3 Knights, -5 Recruits, -5,000 caps, Liberty Prime 1/20th done)

President Hawkin

Down at Fort Meade President Hawkin sets about making his people’s new found home safe. Following up on some of the reports given to him by his grunts he sends an elite strike team nicknamed the Minutemen deep into the old NSA complex. In the building’s basement they find hoards of ghouls and setting up a firing line they mow wave after wave down until they are low on ammunition. Calling backup they surge into the bowels of the complex clearing much of the basement and finding several intact computers which they bring back to the group’s main base in the upper floors of the building. Despite their technicians best efforts they have been unable as of yet to hack into the computers and discover the secrets that lay within. The President also decides to send out several scouting parties to patrol around the NSA complex. They haul back a merchant hailing from the ruins of Baltimore supposedly going towards the Capital Wastes. They bring him back to the NSA building and after a short interrogation find out he does indeed come from Baltimore and that he comes from a people called the Orioles who apparently live in a pre-war stadium. He tells them that he was headed for a place known as The Republic of Dave to do business with a man he knew there and that he primarily lives off selling scrap metal and other assorted junk to passersby on the road. It takes some convincing but the merchant decides it’d be better to remain with President Hawkin then to risk another adventure into the wastes.
(+5 mystery computers, NSA HQ basement mostly clear, +50 income, Learns of the Baltimore Orioles)

Facade

The Super Mutant leader sends new orders to his army. He commands his raiders to split into smaller groups of two to ten mutants and to then attack slaver, raider and settler camps all across the northern wastes of the capital. Doesn’t work out as planned and when a group of ten mutants directly attack Little Lamplight none return. However losses are brought down when a band of mutants decide to attack a slavers caravan bound for the Pitt. Savagely killing all the guards they drag off the slaves to Vault 87 were they are changed by the virus and converted into new super mutants. Down at the National Mall the stalemate with the Brotherhood of Steel changes when bands of ten to twenty super mutants begin nighttime raids on Brotherhood lines. This shift in tactics easily surprises Brotherhood commanders who have seen the mutants use the same strategies for over two decades. And during the first few weeks in which this strategy is implemented Brotherhood casualties are high with the mutants managing to penetrate deep into Brotherhood lines. One raid even manages to break through into the lobby of the Washington Monument. Though after a while Brotherhood strategy shifts and the raids become less successful.

(-32 Super Mutants, +20 Super Mutants, -5 slavers, -500 caps Paradise Falls, -40 Super Mutants, -100 Knights, -20 Paladins, -20 Recruits)

Councilor Ron Shirley

The councilor manages to get several proposals through the council detailing a plan to take a settle Anacostia Crossing an encampment just north of Rivet City. To kick off this plan Ron recruits sixty volunteers to act as guards while a detachment of one hundred guards take off towards Anacostia crossing. Upon their arrival there they enter the old metro station to find a small raider encampment behind several rows of sandbags. Approaching the camp they fire several warning shots. The raiders come out of their tents shaken and bedraggled surrender without a fight and are sent back to Rivet City as prisoners. After this Ron wants to have the Crossing resettled but the other two member of the council vote down his proposal as it would require all the guards currently watching the water caravans to be sent to Anacostia crossing as garrison troops leaving Rivet City’s greatest source of income at risk. Instead the sixty volunteers who decided to sub in for the Rivet City guards when they were gone along with two hundred settlers are sent to Anacostia Crossing inhabiting the old metro station and setting up a small trade post there. At first the small settlement does well but as time goes on the population gets weary as they are kept awake at night from the sounds of screams and gun fire from further up the red line. Envoys are sent back to Rivet City and they request at least one hundred more guards to more adequately protect them from the dangers that lurk beneath the ground of DC.

(+60 Guards, -6,000 caps, Anacostia Crossing Cleared, Anacostia Crossing Settled, 60 Guards and 200 settlers moved to Anacostia Crossing, -10,000 caps, +1,000 income, Anacostia Crossing requests more protection, access gained to the next stop of the DC Red Line Metro)​

Last edited:
George Amenth

jkdsf_zps449ea175.png
Name: George Amenth
Faction: The Pitt
Background:
George was once a privileged child, growing up in Ronto as the son of a general. When he was eleven however, he witnessed the murder of his mother and younger brother by raiders. Rather than lead his soldier to kill the raiders, George’s father cut a deal with them, where they would surrender and join Ronto’s powerful army.

In a fit of rage at the perceived betrayal of his mother, George stole a rifle and left the city. It wasn’t long before he fell in with a group of raiders himself, where he refined his already substantial skills with a rifle sniping during ambushes. By the time he was twenty he had traveled nearly everywhere from Grand Rapids to Utica, looting old military bases, sacking towns, and even smuggling on the Great Lakes.

It was shortly after he turned twenty-four that his band ventured down towards the Pitt, looking to capture the foundry. Ashur killed their leader with little effort and offered the rest of them a chance to join his army, which George accepted. Over the past three years he has served Ashur’s army as a lieutenant, scouting surrounding communities and even going on special missions, including traveling to D.C., with some degree of autonomy.

The Journal of George Amenth
December 27th, 2279
Ravens! It’s always ravens; you’d think that they were the only birds that survived the bombing. They started settling on the telephone wires and balconies even before the dying became the dead. Even before Mel and Samson had finished going through the dead’s pockets from anything valuable. I leaned back against the burnt out husk of a car and nodded to them, which seemed like the polite thing to do.

The village, which anyone who didn’t live there would probably just call four houses and a few shed, ran red. Blood on the walls, blood on the ground, a little bit of blood on my boots. The corpses posed as they tend to, so curled in on themselves, hands on their wounds as if it would save them, some reaching for the heavens. Those who were still clinging to life had flies swarming around them as they called out, “help me! help me!” as if the very people who shot them in the first place would have a change of conscious.

And that was “The Point”. Thirty dead or dying fishermen lying with their guns at the place where two toxic rivers met to form a third. I should point out that I warned them that this was our way of making a living, our way of surviving in this world. I’d told their leader whose name now escapes me. I gave them a chance to hand over their valuables and become slaves of the so very noble lord Ashur, even told them about how they could one day earn their freedom. Let it be noted that I gave them that chance, like I always do. But no. They wanted to fight, and they got one.

They say that war never changes, and honestly, I wouldn’t want it to. It is a thing of beauty, and only those who are losing would disagree.

“They’ve got nothing!” Samson shot towards one of the corpses with his pistol, startling the ravens but not causing them to fly off. He walked over to me and held out his hand with an accusatory look in his eye. “Look! Twenty caps, a stimpak, and one silver ring! A whole village and this is it?”

“Settle down Sammy, we’ve done our job for Ashur, though come to think of it, he might have preferred them as slaves. Still, we sent a message for the next time at least. Besides, what do you have to spend caps on anyways?” I decided not to mention that Mel had managed to stuff at least twice as many valuables into her oversized jacket pockets while he was busy complaining.

I gave him a warning look as I spoke. I had to be stern with a man like Samson. He was fond of psycho before a fight and it left him on edge, always wanting more bloodshed when the fight was over. I gave him a look that showed him I had more fight than he could handle and lowered my hand towards the hatchet that hung at my waist. He grumbled and went back to his looting.

I watched as some of the others forced the door to the ‘town hall’, which was really just a bigger shed. I looked at the ravens, I watched as one of our hounds chewed at a man’s leg. It was a thing of beauty I tell you, truly. To look at least. I agree that war smells bad, even through a gas mask. We’d torch it soon enough though and the stink would just change to the calming scent of wood-smoke. Caps and silver rings? Getting to be a part of this was enough payment for me.

Last edited:
Bang, bang, bang. The noise that kept going right outside, I turn to the side and pull my blanket over my head, what an annoying way to be interrupted in ones sleep. I could hear the laughter of joy, of innocence, all right outside my door which made me realize how much I hated children who ran around disturbing everyone else. I turn over and look up into the ceiling, studying the pattern in which the metal moves, the ships must be hundreds of years old and I wonder how much it would take to break through the metal. At multiple spots it had started to rust so I doubt it would be that hard, if I just hit the right spot that is.

I ran my fingers through my hair before I sat up on the bed, I could feel a sting in my left side as I sat up. My room looked like any other room, it was small and there wasn’t a lot in it. I stood up and went over to the side before putting on my clothes before leaving my room. As I walked through the corridors there was a clock which stood at half past five, leaving me to think to myself that I could easily have slept a few hours more.

I held my head low as I continued walking, eventually a recorder started playing above me "Allow me to present to you, my fellow survivors, the new beacon of Humanity. The old world has faded. Though we live in ruins, these are merely a passing representation of what we are today. My fellow dwellers of the wasteland, we are all changing, and as we do, all the things around us shall change as well.” What an utter load of hogwash, the new beacon of humanity is apparently a bunch of smelly old people on a ship who are too afraid to step outside, oh what a civilization we have here. But then again, I cannot blame the people for what has happened here, they are as scared as they have a right to be for they know what is out there, everyone knows what is out and just how much of it is ready to kill one on sight. Outside this ship it is a warzone, one that needs to end if the people are to be safe but it isn’t only the raiders who are out there, it’s also the Supermutants and the Brotherhood who are as likely to shoot you as to talk to you.

“Come on then tinman, bring it on”

They didn’t fear me, no matter what I did then they didn’t fear me, I need to correct that and I need to make that right. I will make sure that they dare not show their face, if they want a face to preserve that is.

The shops in Rivet City was closing down, the people where leaving and heading back to their cabins for the night, or the tavern depending on what they preferred. As I look around I see it, I see what I need, I know what I need to do.

20130625222903!BoS_flag.png
A message was put out on many wavelengths, including the the GNR, sent by Elder Lyons.

Men and women of the Capital wastelands, I speak to you, and I speak to your leaders. This is a request to you, to come together, at the time of most need. We face many threats, the super mutants roam around in downtown Washington, The Enclave, who would seek to enslave you has tried to invade us, and the threats of raiders and bandits still run rampant, however they have been hampered of late due to brotherhood activity. However today I speak today of something new, I invite all leaders of major settlements in the Washington area to send a representative, who may be accompanied by four armed men, to meet me and other leaders of Washington settlements to join together and work together, for the greater good of us all. Only through co-operation can we face the dangers that we currently face and come out the other side. The Citadel will be our meeting place of this new "Confederation" will be the Citadel, the fortress of a symbol of the resistance against the threats, the Citadel will be the birthplace of anew union, one of mutual co-operation, where we can pool our resources and work together, and rebuild this nation.

A few days latter, when the leaders of various settlements, some major, some not, a flag was flown, aside the Brotherhood's "Gears and Strips".

C95iAyL.png

A Confederation is a loose Union of States. A Confederation acknowledges the needs of diverse groups, and seeks to represent these groups individually. A Confederation protects its member states to the last man, woman and child. A Confederation is a symbol of Hope and Cooperation in a time of Despair and Trouble. A Confederation is the idea that men can come together, and in the meeting become more than the sum of their parts. A Confederation is a way of life. A Confederation is a life. Rivet City shall join the Confederation.

((A confederation is an unwieldy from of government that has little central authority and is terrible idea in the hellhole that is the fallout universe there is a reason america scrapped the articles of confederation and the south had trouble feeding it's troops or collecting taxes))

((A confederation is an unwieldy from of government that has little central authority and is terrible idea in the hellhole that is the fallout universe there is a reason america scrapped the articles of confederation and the south had trouble feeding it's troops or collecting taxes))
((Mutual protection is not a bad idea. And better the ability for political infighting than the necessity of physical war.))

The Update Part 2 of 3

The_Capitol.jpg

Head Dean Alexander Johnson

The Dean begins to break from the Institutes relative isolation by sending a party of one hundred fifty sentry bots and fifty guards (androids) to clear out Boston Naval Yard. There they encounter a few ghouls as well as some mire lurks and some old forgotten turrets. It is nothing they can’t handle but still a few sentry bots are lost taking the facility. Once all resistance is destroyed teams of androids take to the area and begin repairing a section of the naval yard. It still remains unclear what the Head Dean is planning but his subordinates do not question his judgment. In accordance with the Dean’s new plan to break from isolation he orders small caravans be gathered and sent out into the wastes of Boston and eastern Massachusetts. The merchants make contact with many small communities throughout the Commonwealth and most of them decide to begin commit to trade with the well-armed merchants, trading scrap metal in exchange for things like scrap metal both sides leave happy and the Institute has a new very lucrative source of income. Over time the Institute may be able to root out commercial rivals and gain a complete monopoly on trade in the area.

(-5 sentry bots, Boston Naval Yard Cleared, Boston Naval Yard ¼ repaired, -5,000 caps, +10,000 income)

Isaac Martin

Isaac seeing an opportunity takes using Megaton city money he recruits for himself two merchants with caravans of their own as well as twenty guards he sends them along with his own caravans to Rivet City. This is a well-traveled route which is among the safest in the capital wasteland and the large caravan makes it there without a problem. The merchants turn a nice profit and return to Megaton to spread their wealth with their employer. The success of this venture makes Isaac Martin one of the wealthiest people in Megaton.

(+20 Guards, -2,000 caps, +5,000 caps, Isaac Martin more powerful in Megaton)

Eulogy Jones

Eulogy decides to have his men send messages to the bands of raiders around Paradise Falls. He offers them a place within his ranks and a cut of any loot them may take while doing his bidding. Some agree to assist the slavers while others refuse on the premise of having to share their loot. This new force merges with the scattered bands of slavers into a force of just over two hundred and twenty men. This force converges on Big Town and by surrounding the settlement and then setting fire to it they force its defenders out. A few offer some resistance and are either shot or beaten but most of the town’s former residents simply give up without a fight and are marched off to Paradise Falls. These slaves are shipped off to the Pitt and fetch a good price there.

(+20 slavers, Big Town Destroyed, The Pitt overall population +100, +9,000 caps, -10,000 caps The Pitt +1,000 income The Pitt)

Lord Ashur and George Amenth

After the slave revolt which ended just three years ago Lord Ashur is looking to replenish the ranks of his workforce. He gets off to a good start by buying one hundred slaves from the merchants of Paradise Falls. He also uses his contacts in the wastes to put it out there that he’s looking to buy slaves. An envoy from the area known as the Erie Stretch arrives and offers to sell him two hundred slaves for ten thousands caps. Lord Ashur agrees to this and so he expands his labor pool while at the same time starting a pricing war between Paradise Falls and the slavers of the Erie Stretch. Meanwhile he makes the decision to (finally) clear out the Steelyard and reclaim it from the beasts known as troggs. He begins to do this by bringing several large flood lights to bear in the yard. Making sure the area is well lit he then sends out his men into the yard and they begin killing every trogg in sight. Meanwhile George and his team of men provide fire support from the roof of the steel mill. By the end of the day at the cost of a few good men the Steelyard has been reclaimed and the slaves set about repairing the walkways and reinforcing old barriers, while the raiders set up a new line of defenses. Once this operation is successfully completed George Amenth and his men are sent into the heart of The Pitt to break into and loot Hunt Armory. This task proves too much for the man as the area is completely flooded with troggs as well as ghouls and, after emptying a few clips into the charging screaming herd he orders his men back to the safety of Uptown.

(-10,000 caps, +200 overall population, +2,000 income, -25 raiders (5 from George’s squad), Steelyard Clear, -5,000 caps, Steelyard Fortified, +1,000 income)

Charlie Holmes

Charlie decides that it’s time that the Temple became more included in trade within the capital wasteland. Therefor he decides to invest ten thousand caps into promoting the idea of the Temple as a trade station. Despite this investment not many traders are willing to brave the super mutant menace in order to trade with a bunch of ex slaves. Especially when they don’t offer them any new type’s goods to trade. However after this failure Charlie decides to proceed with his plans for power plant MDPL-13 in the north of the capital wasteland. Paying the Talon Company one thousand caps they seize the facility for the temple and when word comes back that the plant has been taken Charlie orders fifty of his men there to garrison the facility. Upon their arrival they pay the Talon Company one thousand more caps for a job well done. In one swift stroke Charlie has put himself in charge of one of the only potential sources of power in the capital wasteland but the plant runs on coal and he will need to find some in order to use it.

(-12,000 caps, +2,000 caps Talon Company, MDPL-13 Cleared, Coal needed to get the plant online)

Overseer Moreau

The overseer decides to send a few of her best trained doctors with caravans going to The Pitt or the Capitol these doctors bring with them many types of medication and offer to sell them at fine prices all everywhere they go. While some of the caravans are raided which is to be expected most of the doctors make it back home in tact and share their profits with their sisters. Meanwhile back home the Overseer sends some of her guards to clear out the old Mercy Hospital just a block or two away from their hospital The guards sweep through and take the building with little trouble only having to kill a few raiders and a ghoul or two. When they have completed securing the building doctors rush in converting it into a school of medicine. It may take some time to complete but once the building is ready Mercy Hospital may be the only place on the East Coast were one can learn how to become a doctor.

(+4,000 caps, Total Population -10, Mercy Hospital Cleared, -5,000 caps, Conversion to teaching school ½ done)

Commander Jabsco

Jabsco carries out his first contract of the New Year for an unlikely client the Temple of the Union. Sending one hundred crack men to clear MDPL-13 they do this with relative ease losing one man in the process but clearing out the ghouls and turrets inside the station. They wait a few weeks and hand the station over to the men of the Union then leaving a twenty man garrison the bulk of their force heads home with their payment. In addition to this Jabsco sends fifty men from one of his forward bases to clear and seize the Sewer Waystation. They do this easily enough as the place is only inhabited by radroaches and reinforce their positions there. They even start bringing in a little bit of income by helping passing caravans with security. Lastly Jabsco orders several of his sniper teams currently battling the super mutants in down town DC to stop what they’re doing and to withdraw back to home base. This is done without any casualties leaving the Capitol Building under the complete control of the super mutants.

(20 man garrison left at MDPL-13, Sewer Waystation Cleared, 50 men stationed there, +500 income, withdraws from Capitol building)

Protector Henry Casdin

Casdin decides that the outcasts must change their ways a little if they want to prosper and become stronger in the long run. Therefor he decides to allow merchants safe passage through Outcast territory for a small fee. Due to the recent caravan raids conducted by the super mutants several big merchants readily agree and the Outcasts create a nice new source of revenue. Casdin also decides to organize a small but elite task force of twenty five paladins twenty knights fifteen sentry bots and ten recruits to carve their way towards the old CIA headquarters building. The task force does this without problem as most raiders are smart enough not to engage anyone wearing power armor but when they reach the facility itself they send in a few of their sentry bots. They wait a few hours for them to return and eventually one does. It reports that the facility has a pre-war top of the line automated defense system within it and that it’d be impossible to take the facility without a much larger force.

(+2,000 income, -9 sentry bots)

President Louis Franklin Jr. and William Aaron Roosevelt

The President decides to survey downtown Philly looking for a skyscraper to convert into a new headquarters for him and his staff. Though while surveying the area from one of the few functioning vertibirds within his control he realizes that there are no skyscrapers left in the city. All that remain is the twisted wreckage of once great structures and the howling of raiders. Meanwhile the President also sends a large team to travel around Philly and the surrounding towns and identify the local powers. These men manage to learn some important things. The downtown area is almost completely controlled by raider tribes the most powerful of which is named the Yao Gaui Federation. It is also discovered that on the outskirts of the city lies a powerful city state by the name of Carlestown. The city looked to have about one thousand inhabitants and to be self-sufficient with its own supply of food, water and electricity. It also seems that the city has trade ties to city states around the former New York City and to ones in Western Massachusetts. And although the group searches for a radio tower they fail to find one in the immediate area. Meanwhile the President’s stooge William is sent with fifty men to clear out city hall. They do this easily enough combing through the building and killing a few rabid ghouls or some raiders here and there. Once city hall is taken bands of scouts are sent scavenging in the immediate area. They turn up caps but any people who might have been around ran away as soon as they saw the men in black power armor show up.

(2 Factions discovered, Philidelphia City Hall cleared, +500 caps)

Dave

President Dave announces to his community that he and twenty of his guards will go to the ruins known as Chaste Dairy Farm in order to “negotiate” with the raiders there. When the group arrives they are greeted by a snipers bullets. The sniper standing on top of an old silo opens fire on the column of guards killing the man standing next to Dave. Five more of Dave’s guards die while they are pinned down before he finally orders them back home. Although shaken by the experience he still orders ten more of his men to march to radio tower KX-B8-11 and set up a message recorded by him there. They are able to make it there and back without a problem and a few weeks later settlers begin to arrive in the Republic looking to settle down.

(-6 Guards, KX-B8-11 Transmitter Message playing, +20 population every turn)

The AntAgonizer

The AntAgonizer urges her children to breed and so they do creating new tunnels the mothers lay their eggs and so a new brood is made. While the breeding is happening the AntAgonizer herself heads to the old Corvega Factory to see the ant queen there. After a brief staring contest the AntAgonizer gives the queen a kiss on the brood sack and departs. And so her army grows and breeds under the capital wasteland.

(+350 ants)

Alistair Tenpenny

Alistair decides to send some of his mercenaries down into the Warrington Metro, which was previously inhabited by a band of ghouls seeking entrance into Tenpenny Towers before their leader was killed three years ago. The mercenaries have one of their own dragged off into the darkness but they do manage to kill all of the ghouls and to set up a line of defenses within the metro. They also begin excavating the line which has been caved in on one side. In addition to this Tenpenny sends out his envoys across the wasteland to find him an architect. They return with a man named Bob who promises that he is up to any challenge of engineering which Alistair has for him.

(-1 guard, -1,000 caps, Cave-in ½ cleared, -5,000 caps, “architect” hired)

James Ryder

James leaves Rivet City one fine morning to go find a band of raiders to teach a lesson to. Heading towards Anacostia Crossing. There he finds a small encampment of raiders. Sneaking up on the man he believes to be their leader he takes out his gun and shoots the man in the knee. Thus alarming the other raiders he closes in on them fast before they get a chance to shoot at him and using his brass knuckles and his knifes he takes out one man after another breaking bones and gouging out eyes. Before too long he’s the only one standing and he decides to leave but not before stealing all their caps and some of their weapons. A few weeks later these raiders give in to Rivet City guards without a fight and thus the story of James Ryder begins.

(+200 caps, +combat shotgun value 400 caps, +Chinese officers sword value 100 caps, sneak attack training ½ complete)

Last edited:
fF9Ker5.png

Union of America

"Battle Hymn of the Republic"

My fellow Americans,

We enter a new era in the history of these great lands known as America, an era where the disunity sown by war, corruption and deceit will come to an end, a final end at that. Now is the time for us to come together once again, for the American people to be united, to be strong, to be ONE nation once more. A nation unmatched in this world and all others, a nation so powerful that it will spread its wings of freedom, liberty and democracy throughout the world. However, all of this is will remain a fantasy unless my plea for the end of this divisiveness is heard! Us survivors of humanity must take our place at the very top of all hierarchies! We must crush the mutants, the abominations, the insults upon God and all that is good and natural! So, my patriotic brothers, will you stand with me, or allow our suffering to continue!

In God We Trust

Yours Sincerely and Faithfully,

Louis Franklin Scott Jr.
President of the Union

Fellow citizens, today is a great day for our proud republic. We are making history with this act and it will be forever remembered. Today are we joining the community of people who share our ideas of democracy, freedom and liberty. Together we will work with to bring better and safer future to the wasteland and to turn it to something bigger and better-Confederation. Birds of the feather flock together! Republic of Dave shall be part of the future - a member of Confederation!

Yours truly,
President Dave.

The Journal of George Amenth
April 14th, 2280

Taking control of the Steelyard wasn’t anything terribly impressive, just shooting some trogs as they ran away from our floodlights. Lord Ashur seemed pleased with how things went though, and set the slaves to work right away. Either way, our “victory” gave the men and women under me the morale boost necessary to convince them that we would be looting the Hunt Armory, just a few miles from uptown. The armory, of course, had become home to a number of ghouls and trogs over the years, otherwise it would have been looted a century before I was born, and most men aren’t wont to go to such a place under normal conditions.

A ghoul or a trog can be a scary thing, charging at you down a dark hallway with their inhuman shuffles. Enemy raiders can be scary too, same with radiation. Any of those things might be enough to give a person pause. That is, until you realize what they really are. Just like every other threat in the wasteland, they’re just another way to lose the game. And what have you really lost? You’ve lost the game, that’s it.

Sometimes I’m amazed that it seems like I’m the only one that can see it, as if it’s my own little secret. People have such fear for these things when the worst that can happen is that they’ll lose the game, and it’s shocking. I was able to see the game for what it really was when I was just a boy and raiders caught our carriage outside of Ronto, heading towards the Stretch. It had been during a blizzard; I remember barely being able to see the heads of the brahmin that pulled us through the snow and the loud howl of the wind.

One of my father’s soldiers had nearly ripped the door off the hinges to get us out; he only had time for me though. He threw me clear, into a snow bank deep enough that I could barely move my body. I watched our other guard twitch unnaturally and fall to the ground, the snow turning red beneath him, as the head of the man who threw me disappeared in a red mist.

I saw them drag my mother and Michael from the carriage. They shot Michael quickly enough, which I suppose I should at least be partially thankful for. I’ll admit that I cared for him, being my first brother he had his hooks in me. I’ve made sure to take many more since, and evil ones at that, men like Samson, so that one or two could die without me missing them. But that time, with Michael, it hurt to see.

When they killed him, Mother wailed and screamed, so they slit her throat. I was found what felt like an eternity later by Captain Gagnon, not fifteen yards from my mother and brother. They had thought me dead at first, blue from the cold and without the strength to move. I realize now was stupid then, being only eleven I fought to save them both. But the cold snow had sapped my strength and held me tight. The snow had taught me the game. It let me understand what all those grim and serious warlords who’ve sought to conquer and rebuild have yet to learn. You can only win the game when you understand that it is a game. Let a man play chess, and tell him that every pawn is his friend. Let him think both bishops holy. Let him remember happy days in the shadows of his castles. Let him love his queen. Watch him loose them all. And I can assure you that most every leader has something that he won’t sacrifice, something that pins him and makes him weak, for Ashur for example, it’s his daughter. I do not have that problem.

So I lead my fifty men, my new brothers, through the streets and half collapsed buildings of the Pitt, towards Hunt Armory. We were only a few blocks away when the rain chose to begin falling, just before the sun set.

“This is a bad idea.” Gagnon nearly had to shout over the rain. “The night. The trogs will be out soon, not to mention the ghouls.” He held his shotgun with both hands, white-knuckled, wide eyes darting over the street ahead of us.

“If you ever stop saying that, then I’ll know that I should start worrying.” I peered through the scope of my rifle as I spoke. And sure enough, through the night, through the rain, scrambling over centuries old debris I saw them coming. I saw their pale bodies moving unnaturally towards us as they started breaking into packs to hunt. Even as the trogs broke into a run, I could see ghouls start their shambling march towards us. I took my first shot down the street.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mel run blind and catch her foot on a piece of rebar, sending her tumbling down the pile of wreckage we occupied. A few of the brothers had the sense to take the path back towards the street from where they could make their way to Haven. Probably about half had the even greater sense to shoot at the mutants.

A fair amount had died or fled by the time the first of them came up onto our mound. The monstrosity’s pale skin had a glow about it, even in the heavy rain. I pulled my pistol quickly and put a bullet in the creatures head before taking the time to look around, only to see that nobody stood with me. Despite the psycho coursing through him Samson ran, screaming like a child. Jefferson looking like the blood had been drained from his body. Even Gagnon, with a horror about him.

I held my arms wide to the rain and felt it beat down on me. With a sigh I fired the rest of my pistol’s clip towards the oncoming troglodytes and pulled a pair of flash grenades from my hip that I kept for just such occasions. I threw them and turned my head as quickly as I could, but even with my eyes closed I could see the blinding flash. When I opened them again the streets were clear, the trogs that didn’t lie dead or dying having been driven off to their holes by the bright light. It always intrigued me that a flash of light could make a coward of something that had been vicious only moments before.

As far as my own cowards, I found them easily enough when I came back over the makeshift fortifications. Gagnon had at least been heading back to me when I saw him, looking like a drowned rat. “You finally found a pair huh?”

“A man without fear is missing a valuable ally, George.” As he spoke a smile found its way to his clean-shaven face. “Running’s not so bad if it’s in the right direction.” He pointed towards Haven in the distance to further his point.

“I’ll pick my ground and my time, but I’m not going to run. You should know that by now” I paused for a moment considering the situation, noticing a few of my men drifting back towards the mound. “Still, most of the brothers are probably halfway to Haven by now; we’ll need to try this again later.”

I left five of my men at the mound to hold off the ghouls and trogs that would no doubt start after us again and began the trek back to Haven, disappointed, but with thoughts of how I would try again already beginning to form in my mind.

Last edited:
Meanwhile... in Hopkins

Sammy was sitting in his room, located on the 12th floor, currently reading a magazine called Healthy Diets, the august 2076 issue. A far different time, and from the ingredients used for the diets were greatly different than those used now. Things such as salmon, tuna seemed quite nice, at least when looking at the images, but he actually had no idea what it was about.

He looked out the window, out over some of Hopkins. He noticed a couple of young men trying to leave the Men's Compound and shook his head at their foolishness. They were probably some of those who stuck to those strange old fashion of courting a single girl, seeing themselves as girlfriend-boyfriend, possibly even spouses. He would never undersstand those ideas, Hopkins was the best place in all of the Wasteland, and it was hundreds of years ago that society was changed for the better.

Of course he'd never understand the longings of those full men either. He had undergone treatment at an early age and he greatly enjoyed the many benefits, such as having the same liberty to move around Hopkins or the option to study anything he wanted, rather than the full men who were usually stuck doing the more physical labour. In fact of those he knew, many had chosen the treatment willingly, and he was one of them. It was far more common to volunteer for the treatment, and after the 2238 generation, where all males had chosen treatment, they actually had to refuse a portion of volunteers.

He'd never understand the full men who were grown and pitied him for never experiencing what they did. What was there really to pity? He weren't stuck in an isolated compound and didn't have to waste his energy on ensuring more children were born, so he could instead focus on his own interests, such as studying more about the exciting past or helping his sister with the upbringing of her children.

He couldn't help but let out a snicker as he saw a couple of guards spot the two young men.Those idiots would have less rations for the nextweek, all because they were unable to control themselves. So if anyone deserved pity it was those males who were untreated.

Last edited:
C95iAyL.png

The Articles of Confederation

1. All Signature Settlements agree to a cessation in hostilities; if any do exist and to a mutual defensive alliance.

2. All Signature Settlements agree to sharing non-military technology, as to help the creation sustainable water food and other important supplies.

3. All Signature Settlements agree to never participate in the Act of slavery: The Act of owning another human being.

4. All Signature Settlements agree to never fund or participate in activities such as raiding.

5. All Signature Settlements agree to meeting one every six months at the citadel, for negotiation and other matters.

[X] The Temple of the Union
[X] Megaton (?)
[X] Rivet City
[X] The Republic of Dave
[X] Vault 101 ((That's me, IC coming))
[X] Offices of Littlehorn Associates

Last edited:
Mister Burke sat across from Tenpenny, in check again. He blew the smoke from his face, looking across his reserve. This had once been a huge plantation, with slaves all around to plow the fields... He was considering this as Susan Lancaster sat on his lap, he enjoyed her company well enough.. Once she had grown into a proper courtesan and learned tot talk of interesting things. As his bored eyes rolled onto the chess board, he sighed and made a swift move with his queen. "Checkmate," he said, to the dire of Mister Burke who had just began getting comfortable with this particular game. Allistair slowly stood, goosing Susan to make her shout and squeal, crackling Allistair took the last of his whiskey and brushes his Iguana bit sandwich to the side. "Take me to the lobby, if you will." He looked towards Burke and he stood instantly, Susan gave him his cane and he thanked the girl with a kiss on her cheek.

The Penthouse Suite of Tenpenny Tower was covered in marble and rich silks, the best the wasteland could offer. Aillstair brought from his travels and his home in the British Isles trinkets and gadgets never-before seen in the United States for the last two-hundred years. He pulled out his pocket-watch on a golden chain, the glass replaced with a transparent crystal, were regular ink was there were mock-rubies.. But no one knew that besides him. He stared at the time for a minute, before bonking Burke on the head. "Hurry up, I wish to speak to Gustavo.." Burke fixed his shades that he adored too much, then adjusted his fedora. "Why, sir? Nothing could have changed." The elevator door ticked, and they both stepped on.

"Everything changed you buffoon. The new dawn is rising, for far too long I have been slowly dying in this gigantic crypt.. I sent them out on a mission over the last few months, and now the culmination of it shall arise. Hopefully my new servant is not as dim-witted as you." Allistair stared coldly at him, before crackling a smile, Burke laughing and nodding his head. "I apologize Sir. I promise on my next assignment I will carry out my mission." Allistair wheezed as he nodded, walking slowly out of the elevator as they reached the bottom. Gustavo was waiting against the lobby counter, standing at attention with their esteemed guest.... 'Bob', who was leaning against the counter and looking around. He had long unkept brown hair, shoddy glasses that were tapped together.. His complexion was horrid, however when he saw Allistair he at least bowed as did Chief Gustavo. "This is the boy?" Allistair squinted.

Bob nodded, grinning "That I am Sir! Your guards escorted me here all the way from the Chesapeake.. That they did, you said you wanted some engineering done? That you needed an architect? Well I'm the best you'll get this side of the Appalachian." he tipped the cap that was on his head, speaking with a southern Virginian drawl. Allistair scowled in disgust, before looking at him.

"Your name shall henceforth be Edwin, now, come.. Walk with me. We have much to discuss.. Such as how you will expand my estate for it to be un-rivable! I have heard of this 'New Vegas', and how it was a home for those who could afford it, ushering in some decency in this world of barbarism. I wish something similar, however.. with a much more Classical texture. Do you see my tower here? Like this. And, my guards are currently clearing out the underground for a new barracks.. However, you shall connect all of the buildings to the underground and make a nice, fresh under-ground street where people can safely travel from building to building. This will lessen foot-traffick, and, incase of an attack.. Well, let's just say we will have to ensure most of the security goes towards the outer walls and more importantly the tower herself. Understood?"

Bob, now 'Edwin' nodded, and followed Allistair to the elevator, some courtesans hooking a ride. Edwin grinned, started to think he might enjoy this place..

I applaud the creation of the confederacy, and I urge my fellow megatononians to join it.

The Temple and the Spark

RareFlags_IAS_00209.jpg

From slavery to freedom the four hundred inhabitants of Union City and the smaller but cherished Temple in the north were determined to build something not seen in the wastes since the before time. Their leader known as the Successor ruled two territories divided by savagery as well as distance but through radio and the aid of friendly merchants they managed to communicate and support one another. Charlie Holmes was a talented leader and his knowledge of the before time was unrivaled in the wastes outside of the Brotherhood. In the early months of twenty two eighty Holmes sought to expand the reach and influence of the group many were beginning to call the Temple.

To the raiders and slavers the Temple was a minor pain that disrupted their operations in the northeast rarely, to the supermutants they were too organized to hunt and eat, and to the rest of the wastes they were a uniquely bright spot in the barren lands of the world. Holmes determined to change the balance of power in the northeast had a plan. Dotted across the wastes nearby were power stations and relays, a large scrapyard, and even an abandoned post-war farm. Although the Temple's situation was dire in the northeast it was not without hope. And so with the stockpile of caps acquired from looting raiders, slavers and selling what they could he began to press his enemies.

Lacking a military force capable of fighting supermutants and the tougher raiders further west he enlisted the support of the Talon Company. Mercenaries were common in the wastes and he would take advantage of them. Talon conquered the power station to the west which was renamed Spark City. Honoring their agreement they relinquished control of the station to the Temple where their soldiers established an outpost. But without coal the station would be able to operate and so Holmes was faced with the prospect of a great and dangerous expedition to locate and conquer a supply of coal.

Meanwhile his attempt to attract his merchant friends to set up shot permenently in either of the Temple's territories failed utterly. It was hoped that the merchants would band together with the local populace and establish a stronghold of civilization in the northeast. Holmes would not be so naive again. In the same year Holmes commissioned a group of literates to begin recording the story of the Temple as well as maintaining records of income and even demographics. Organization is needed to civilize the wastes.

The Temple

Located in the northeast wastes the Temple is where the original freed slaves from Paradise Falls escaped to. Knowing that even hardened slavers would think twice to venture to such a harsh region they found safety from them. Raiders were not uncommon but were usually scared off by the large supermutant groups that wandered here. The Temple however evades the supermutants due to their organization and the luck that their location is scantedly traveled.

B997358380231DC5D66835DA91DD66A58A13215A_large.jpg

The Temple has since been built up with scrap and dirt walls

For three years the Temple has remained sparsely populated with only about eighty of the Temple's population living there. Most of whom are soldiers defending the head of Abraham Lincoln who has become a symbol of freedom for the group. It is also the headquarters of the Order of Lincoln which governs the Republic of Lincoln. It is mostly a fortified outpost.

Union City

A project of Hannibal Hamlin inherited by Charlie Holmes this settlement is where the rest of the Republic's population resides. Here there are solidifed defenses surrounding a community of shanty houses and storage structures. Trade here is limited but does exist. Food is provided via trade with Rivet City in which the Republic enjoys friendly relations. The city is centered around the Lincoln Memorial which one day will be repaired. At the memorial are supplies and armaments protected by the Order of Lincoln.

800px-capitol_m.jpg

Spark City
Currently a simple outpost of fifty soldiers adapt at scavenging and fighting off most wasteland enemies while waiting for further support.

Last edited:
((Is the forum bugged for anyone else?))