• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saxon125

Colonel
44 Badges
Jun 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Hello all, Saxon here, today I decided to write another AAR this time playing the HIP mod, are there any country's you would like to see me play as I generally have no idea and don't worry about the Pendragon Chronicles that will still continue. Please comment on ruler you would like me to play as. I plan on not starting in the TOG Bookmark but any other one is fine, also this is going to be my first time playing the HIP mod so this AAR will start after I feel confident in my skills in HIP.

Thanks in advance

Saxon

Form Russia. That is all.

The Alexiad is good and fun, if you're feeling Imperial and Roman. You start looking down the barrel of a powerful Norman invasion and with the Sultanate of Rum on your doorstep. Perhaps do a one-reign AAR as the epic tale written by his daughter Anna?

Alternately maybe use one of the new HIP bookmarks to play Godred Crovan, and carve out an independent Kingdom of the Isles without bending the knee to Norway or England? The first would be my choice, where he's just acquired Dublin as well as Man - see if you can do it without losing your Norse culture as well, perhaps?

Or find your own fun date of historical significance, though the added bookmarks are an excellent feature of HIP to my mind.

What about "El Cid"?

Sartag Khan, the Nestorian Khan of the Mongols has his own bookmark. You start as the lone christian in a sea of muslims and Tengri. Can you survive and beat your faith into vassals?

I can also recommend the Latin Empire (or Romania, as its called in HIP.) You start with claims all over Greece and Asia Minor and you're probably the prime candidate to mend the schism as a catholic! (Yes, HIP does that for you.)

With EMF MID, fighting larger realms offensively becomes a possibility. As Phillip Augustus, replicAte your real life counterparts Achievements in defeating both the Angevins and the HRE despite being many times smaller.

Already being done.

Build a Mordvin Russia, stay pagan until at least 1100 then accept the first missionary that arrives in Moscow regardless of the situation it puts you in.

Dammit, because I'm studying (hardly studying, heh) I have somewhat gotten lazy when it comes to reading AARland. :p
Where can I find that one?

Other suggestion; Sardinian merchant republic building Mediterranean Empire? Alá Qart Hadasht?

Something with Messalians would be fun too. Messalian Bolghars trying to outdo Attila the Hun?

Reactions:
Dammit, because I'm studying (hardly studying, heh) I have somewhat gotten lazy when it comes to reading AARland. :p
Where can I find that one?

Other suggestion; Sardinian merchant republic building Mediterranean Empire? Alá Qart Hadasht?

Something with Messalians would be fun too. Messalian Bolghars trying to outdo Attila the Hun?

Right here.

I'd love to see a spawn of Satan attempt at building a huge empire and the supernatural after-effects.

Screw my idea, I support Mr. Capiatlist's idea. Convert all of Europe to Pagan.