• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fredgard

First Lieutenant
7 Badges
Sep 23, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
So, I got the original game when came out, I played it a lot, but stooped then ADH was in development. Now I in my seconded playing AHD/HOD game, playing as Prussia/Germany in 1882. Fist game was China. So a few questions:

1. I can't seem to have stable relations with nations. Russia won't stay at 200, but over time reverts back to 0-50. Same is the problem with negative relations. I want to stay under -40 with my weaker border nations, but somehow relations increase out of the blue. I mostly have no awareness of this. Is there something wrong with my massage settings? Help! I have never gotten a single border dispute!

2. The new colony system is awesome! ok, perhaps not any question there.

3. Rubber... **** rubber. I have read about it, so I Know to capture what rubber there is. But still... Is there any way to mod the province files so they become more productive? As China I controlled most of the rubber, but it was not enough. I fine it strange that the devs have not addressed this.

4. Germany colonized most of Africa. An now in 1882 i discovered i Could release
kingdom of South Cameroon
OH MY GOD! What is the implications of this. Will Africa become a GP? Why did they get all my techs? Why do they even exist? What do they have to do with Cameroon, They got cores now over most of Africa! And finaly...
palin+phones+the+presof+africa.bmp

Edit:
I could not find anything about South Cameroon iv Victoria 2 on google

Dominion, you'll see a lot of those from hod. Their not actual nations (cores don't exist till you realise them) the Dutch can realise all their islands in to weird independent islands. It's just a hod mechanic to free up colonial points

1. Random event, siding on opposite side in political crisis, fighting with influence (ban, expel, or lower relation) can affect relation, or just Russia AI thinks you are enemy, so it lower relation with you.
And minors want big relation with potential enemy.
3. Yes, you can mod it in technology, or in invention folder. For example invention in industry_inventions.txt.
rubber = 1 -> change to-> rubber = 2
rubber_vulcanization = {
limit = { inorganic_chemistry = 1 }
chance = {
base = 2
modifier = {
factor = 2
combustion_engine = 1
}
modifier = {
factor = 2
business_banks = 1
}
}
effect = {
rgo_goods_output = {
rubber = 1
}
}
}
Also conquering rubber provinces in Brazil/ Bolivia can help a lot - usually a lot of migration there as China.
4. If you want to release countries in Africa : the best way is release small countries with 2 or 3 provinces.
They have your techs researched, and they can build factories so beware!
If you release some whole Africa country, they will become GP - mainly due to prestige, and military score (they have your techs!)
And names... they are just names:)

I don't think the "border incident" CB still exists, I know I relied on it in Vanilla but I never got it with HoD so if it still exists it's way rarer.

As said changing nations forming NGF then Germany will do strange things to your relations, something even setting them back to negative and breaking alliances.
You release dominions to free colonial points but I see it more as a way to give an incentive to UK to grant autonomy to Canada/Australia/South Africa than a way to create African dominions.
If you had enough points to colonize all of Africa there's no real need to release South Cameroon (you're even going to lose some control over that rubber production!). The name is random, selected from one of the provinces. It would have been nice to be able to draw your own colonial states instead.

Rubber is going to be a problem and Brazil / Bolivia won't help much, Africa and Asia produce much more, but it's not enough and the game doesn't have a dynamic resources system to allow demand to trigger RGO changes.

My best suggestion is to increase infrastructure in these lands. Otherwise, capture and release so they are modern nations with the capabilities to utilize their workforce effectively. I also like to pass healthcare and school reforms so they automatically have them.

Also, increasing other Social reforms mean your citizens consume less goods; this increases supply relative to demand of consumer goods. My last suggestion is to try and fill your own RGOs before Industrializing.