• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wolf52

Emir of Grufunkistan
55 Badges
Mar 14, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
Hi all, I'm playing a game as Germany. Its 1936, and I'm having trouble understanding my oil supplies.

Traded for: 27.58
Usage: -1.56
Off-map Production: -1.00

Which adds up to a deficit of 1.43?

Maybe it's because the major cities all have a negative oil production (i.e. the oil consumed by the population)?
Just guessing, it's been a while since I last played.

Well some of it is indeed used by IC but i think more used by Public transports, heating, electrical plants and so on. Also for germany it uses the oil to make rubber and energy to make oil.

At the start of CORE you get few events. READ them for more info ^^.

I would have thought any negative production on the map would have been accounted for in the tooltip. This makes things a bit more difficult as far as planning goes. Thanks all.

Well for resource planning depends on your game style. But a Few tips.

1. Germany has an Venetzuelan run oil trade boost it up (convoy run by vene so they dont get sunk ^^)
2. Build synt rubber plants about 25 or so will be ennuf for start. BUT do note that the build time for them is very long. so start building then as soon as you can. (need 37 heavy indust)
3. metal and rares. You need bit of metal untill you takeover france and gain metz. But afther that there not much that you need from others. And rares youll get from synt plants. Pre war about 20-30k metal and about 10k-20k rares will do depending on you build of rare plants.

some less not so sporty tips.
I. Build IC in high recource provinces and totaly ignore the -provinces (ie. Berlin) as IC boosts effiancy it therefore boosts the recources you gain.

Oh and incase you did not notice you can only build them from production menu not province menu.
Also the Synt oil i generaly do build some 15-25 about but generaly they are not producing oil as i import from vene the oil i need.

Thanks Zsumi, although I feel best carving my own path with a game like this. I just wish the manual had a better explanation of some things, since CORE changes so much. By the way, is there a listing of what all the leader traits do? I didn't see that in the manual and I'm sure its changed :)