• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not bad, but sicilian should appear no matter what, and also if they are ruled by muslims. Also I would like to see a sardinian culture for sardinia and corsica (even though corsica was never sardinian) and neapolitan if greek provinces in the south of italy are ruled by italians, or pugliese. Anyway, many of the cultures in south italy were influenced by muslims so maybe south italian cultures could spawn if they invade italy. Oh yeah and ligurian too (if possible).

Oh. I forget about Sardinian on my list. I already added them with a name list :D

And yes... South Italy is a real melting pot. Not easy to say what should happen there. Maybe I will add a Sicilian Arabic culture and Neapolitan culture for Norman influence... Hm...

Oh. I forget about Sardinian on my list. I already added them with a name list :D

And yes... South Italy is a real melting pot. Not easy to say what should happen there. Maybe I will add a Sicilian Arabic culture and Neapolitan culture for Norman influence... Hm...

Historically, I don't think the normans really had any big impact on southern italian cultures, but from a gameplay perspective I guess it makes sense. Italy should definetely have a lot of different cultures, since I believe the fact that the renaissance (even though it's not in the timeframe of the game) came to be is directly tied to the interactions between the numerous and extremely diverse cultures that were geographically near each other, but were all completely different.

Historically, I don't think the normans really had any big impact on southern italian cultures, but from a gameplay perspective I guess it makes sense. Italy should definetely have a lot of different cultures, since I believe the fact that the renaissance (even though it's not in the timeframe of the game) came to be is directly tied to the interactions between the numerous and extremely diverse cultures that were geographically near each other, but were all completely different.

Not completely either, they were all Italians after all. They spoke different languages, but most of them were intelligible to each other, at least for their neighbours. It was generally a continuum, more than a fractured language landscape. Except for the Greeks in the South and the Germans in Tirol... and some pockets of Arabs in Sicily, that Frederick II relocated into Apulia and Calabria.

Not completely either, they were all Italians after all. They spoke different languages, but most of them were intelligible to each other, at least for their neighbours. It was generally a continuum, more than a fractured language landscape. Except for the Greeks in the South and the Germans in Tirol... and some pockets of Arabs in Sicily, that Frederick II relocated into Apulia and Calabria.

Subcultures in Italian Group?

Special 1: Colourmap

Guys! Something special for today... It's not Brittania. Sorry. But interesting too:

jzxPPS1.jpg

zKCIBSz.jpg

Yes I did rework the map a little bit and now added the colormap. Isn't it beautiful? It's still not finished completelly (there are still some issues that the lakes have the colour of land or the coastline in some areas but that are easy fixes).

Special 1: Colourmap

Guys! Something special for today... It's not Brittania. Sorry. But interesting too:

jzxPPS1.jpg

zKCIBSz.jpg

Yes I did rework the map a little bit and now added the colormap. Isn't it beautiful? It's still not finished completelly (there are still some issues that the lakes have the colour of land or the coastline in some areas but that are easy fixes).
Nice. I love the colors and can't wait to see more. Do you need any help with the
Mod?

Nice. I love the colors and can't wait to see more. Do you need any help with the
Mod?

Not much at the moment. If someone suggest states, provinces or baronies for a certain region it would be nice. Later I especially would love someone who could read Arabic, Persian, Greek... Or another language with a own script, who sources in latin scripts are hard to find (try to google something about Arabia without Arabic...)

But thank you! Yes, I now used a map with the same projection as basic for the colourmap. It works very well. :)

Not much at the moment. If someone suggest states, provinces or baronies for a certain region it would be nice. Later I especially would love someone who could read Arabic, Persian, Greek... Or another language with a own script, who sources in latin scripts are hard to find (try to google something about Arabia without Arabic...)

But thank you! Yes, I now used a map with the same projection as basic for the colourmap. It works very well. :)

Do you need someone to understand Arabic/Persian/Greek, or just some one to transliterate text/place names?

jzxPPS1.jpg

zKCIBSz.jpg

looks neat

Well, I can - at least for Arabic and Persian and I also have vast sources on these regions as well as Africa, but ATM I'm rather busy with another mapmod... and me working on both wouldn't give much diversity for the comunity

The Normans had an enormous part in stitching all the cultures together. While they themselves gave little to Southern culture, the unified kingdom congealed all the snippets of cultures that had been there in one single unity.

Which, maybe, means that Sicilian/Neapolitan culture should arise not from the Normans, but from the Kingdom of Sicily being their overlord.

Well, it depends on wich italian cultures, I'm not THAT knowledgeable about it, but if you take the genoese dialect (wich resembles portuguese a bit) and the sardinian one (wich isn't like any other language I know) I'm pretty sure they are really different. But I suppose they were still speaking latin to understand each other as an official language for some time (before the tuscan dialect became predominant). And each region had their own customs and fastivals,etc.

looks neat

Well, I can - at least for Arabic and Persian and I also have vast sources on these regions as well as Africa, but ATM I'm rather busy with another mapmod... and me working on both wouldn't give much diversity for the comunity

Would be neat! But at the moment it's not that important. Firstly I will have to finish Europe and some other regions :) But later help would be nice.

Nice colourmap, Thure.

The thing looks oh so promising. Subscribing in order not to miss any piece of update. Thure sure knows how to do gfx, yes he does.

Britannia 1: Ireland

Today you will see tutorial is... eh... Ireland! Don't look at the flags at this moment. Also the rulers are not historical at this moment. I will make them tribal in CM and make them all vasalls of the High King (because tribal vasalls could be fitting, but we will see it after the release of CM). High King will be elective, the duchies too. The counties will use Tanistry.

De Jure duchies:
B8nhzLj.jpg

Provinces:
ZjBmfCm.jpg

HbX2d1a.jpg

Many of the baronies in Ireland are church holdings (representing the many monasteries and the large ecclesiastical power in Ireland).

Today you will see tutorial is... eh... Ireland! Don't look at the flags at this moment. Also the rulers are not historical at this moment. I will make them tribal in CM and make them all vasalls of the High King (because tribal vasalls could be fitting, but we will see it after the release of CM). High King will be elective, the duchies too. The counties will use Tanistry.

De Jure duchies:
B8nhzLj.jpg

Provinces:
ZjBmfCm.jpg

HbX2d1a.jpg

Many of the baronies in Ireland are church holdings (representing the many monasteries and the large ecclesiastical power in Ireland).

Ireland looks beautiful. Keep up the good work!

I agree. This map is looking terrific! I applaud your work and can't wait to play on this map. Personally, I have always felt that more provinces should be added, especially to the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, the Adriatic Coast, France, the British Isles, Denmark and the West African Coast. Did I leave anything out? :wub:

The Tutorial Island looks beautiful. My only concern is optimisation. Won't such a detailed map lag as hell on non-highest-end machines?