• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kansai-kun

Lippish Lobbyist
92 Badges
Jun 9, 2012
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
... is the fact that modding it changes the checksum. The converter doesn't influence, in any kind of way, the game. It's used to convert a save, not change anything in a still ongoing game.
I've seen different mods that add more religions to the converter or even fix issues that exist since ROI was released - but you can't use them if you want to convert an Ironman save. And why? Because it changes the checksum and that is ridiculous.

The one issue, the main issue for me, is that you either have to use a faulty converter to convert your Ironman save or pass on playing in Ironman to use an improved, i.e. correctly-working, converter. Shouldn't there be some way to have the converter not have any influence on the checksum?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but can't you just play through the game on Ironman with the converter deactivated, thus not messing with the checksum, and then turn it on once the game is over to convert? You can still play Ironman saves when the game had been modified last time I tried, it just prevents you from getting achievements, which doesn't matter anyway if you've already finished your campaign.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but can't you just play through the game on Ironman with the converter deactivated, thus not messing with the checksum, and then turn it on once the game is over to convert? You can still play Ironman saves when the game had been modified last time I tried, it just prevents you from getting achievements, which doesn't matter anyway if you've already finished your campaign.
Maybe I misremember it, but isn't the load button greyed out for Ironman saves, if you're playing with any mod that changes the checksum - which, for some reason, includes converter mods. >_>