What games do you think Paradox are going to develop in the future?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
y72SC48.png

In the long run this attitude leads to you having to jump 23 floors to escape an angry mob

I'm not so sure PDS are doing a Space 4x, but I DO know that Chris King is developing one. Not sure I'm allowed to link to it, but go and google Crispon Games. :)

If his screenshots and featured features are to be believed, he is going the regular MoO II route with his space game. Nothing new there. And it is definately not something that can bear the title "grand strategy".

Mostly new IP.

If his screenshots and featured features are to be believed, he is going the regular MoO II route with his space game. Nothing new there. And it is definately not something that can bear the title "grand strategy".
Paradox should build on something like Galactic Civilizations, but of course it has to be expended and it also has to be a real-time space grand strategy game.

I do suspect that Victoria 3 is being planned, if not necessarily as the next (currently unrevealed) game, though this is based on nothing more than my perception of Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria and Hearts of Iron as the 'main' series (more or less) of PDS' historical grand strategy and the fact that with Hearts of Iron IV's relatively near release Victoria will be the only series of those not adapted to the current Steam-based regime (indeed, Vicky 3 might not be so ambitious in the end - it is entirely possible that it will be to Vick 2 what EU IV was originally planned (per dev diaries) to be to EU III - pretty much the same game, but with the expansions rationalized and fully integrated into the game from start and adapted for Steamworks and DLCs).

Last edited:
I think that PDS could also possibly build some sort of economic simulator... possibly as a stepping ground for integration into HOI5/Vicky4.... Like a much more advanced Sim City.

Something like take control of China 1970, your the leader, and you must modify the laws/ taxes etc.

Modelling things like:
Migration/Emigration
Import/Export controls
Budget and taxes
Technology funding
Industrial funding
Infrastructure development

A lot of people seem to want a paradox space strategy.
Me too - but only with globes, and a number of provinces on each planet - a planet could be shared between different factions: grand space empires, planetary governments, different nations inside the same planet and tribes.
Meanwhile, I'd like a greek city states game.

A business sim would be great, to the vein of Capitalism 2 but with access to the world map and all countries? Awesome. From state ruler ship it is now to corporate ruler ship.

Im hoping they try a space grand strategy game like many have said.
But I also want a modern era game with fight for resources, economic stuff, political stuff and smaller/regional conflicts like we see in the world today.

Im hoping they try a space grand strategy game like many have said.
But I also want a modern era game with fight for resources, economic stuff, political stuff and smaller/regional conflicts like we see in the world today.
They already said that they will not do a modern era game.

I think they're going to do some experiments, fill in time periods that haven't been done yet. Like another Ancient World game, but they won't call it Rome II, because it'll be the whole "Old World" and start in like 500 BC.

Actually, they will call it Rome III. Just to annoy everyone, and show their support to Microsoft.

Actually, they will call it Rome III. Just to annoy everyone, and show their support to Microsoft.

Nah, they'll call it "Byzantium" to confuse everyone and make it sound hipster.

My prediction for their upcoming games. Although I am not sure which of the two games (Rome 2 or Cold War) will be released sooner, but I have a feeling that they make Rome 2 before Cold War.
1. Space grand strategy
2. Victoria 3
3. Rome 2
4. Cold War grand strategy

Agreed. But it will depend on the success of Runemaster and the space grand strategy, though. If they succeed then they will be more inclined to be more experimental.
1. Space grand strategy
2. Rome 2 + ancient Greece DLC (based on CK2)
3. WW1 grand strategy (based on extremely successfull HOI4)
4. Victoria 3 (just because Fredriks hair is getting too long)
5. EU5
6. Cold war game, with heavy alternate history elements (based on extremely successfull WW1 game)

Agreed. But it will depend on the success of Runemaster and the space grand strategy, though. If they succeed then they will be more inclined to be more experimental.
6. Cold war game, with heavy alternate history elements (based on extremely successfull WW1 game)

Is this your own preference? Beacuse I really do not see why they would make a cold war scenario on something completely ahistorical, without even having a cold war game with a historical scenario. What would be the interest in what you are suggesting for traditional PDS gamers? It would be both uninteresting for the cold war game fans (who likes the US-Soviet affront) and for the pepople wanting historical realism or a balanced dynamic scenario. Basically nealry all of the people playing vanilla PDS games.

1. Space grand strategy
2. Rome 2 + ancient Greece DLC (based on CK2)
3. WW1 grand strategy (based on extremely successfull HOI4)
4. Victoria 3 (just because Fredriks hair is getting too long)
5. EU5
This is your preference, but it is very unlikely to come true. They will likely not make a separate game for WW1, they might make an expansion DLC for either HoI4 (unlikely but possible) or Victoria 3 (more likely). Then Rome 2 will not come before Victoria 3, if you really believe that it will then you will be disappointed. A Cold War game is going to come before EU5 and also CK3 should also come before EU5. It is possible that Rome 2 will get a Ancient Greece expansion.

Is this your own preference?
Preference: No. Total specualtion : Yes. By alternate history I just ment that I anticipate a wargame in the timeperiod of 1945-1990.

Magyar: Rome2 not my preference since I would love VIC3 more. I believe that Rome 2 will be before Victoria because a new CK-stylish game is long overdue. CK2 is/was a big hit, something similarish soon would make economic sense.

And WW1 is gathering more and more speed as interesting setting in the games industry (Commander: The great war, To end all wars, Valiant hearts, Verdun)

But to put all this specualtion to it's context: PDS has clearly stated that they make games that they want to make/have good ideas on/inspire them. So it could really be anything. Like Runemaster, which was total surprise. Fantasy I could have quessed, but Fantasy-Not-Grand-Strategy...

Last edited: