• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In

If you're accepting new players. I've lurked on mafia and werewolf boards before and I've played some mafia, so I understand the basic rules well enough. I will most likely be a pretty noobish (but hopefully active) player though.

Hooray! More people to slaughter ruthlessly!

(Seriously, welcome aboard!)

iirc necromancer has ability: Resurrection. It has maybe a 50% of succeeding. If he succeeds, target becomes zombie, fails, they die. Necro wins if him and his zombies are at parity (or something like that, nikk can correct me).

That has been tried actually.

@Wagonlitz: Thanks for the heads up. I lurked on the last big game and the last two lites to get a bit of an idea how you guys play.

@Arkasas: Yeah, I saw that on the lite. I'll admit that I would've found that suspicious as a mafia player, but I probably would have been more cautious, especially as a new player since outing him if he's telling the truth is basically condemning the village. I'd rather play it safe until I learn what risks are worth taking.

@Wagonlitz: Thanks for the heads up. I lurked on the last big game and the last two lites to get a bit of an idea how you guys play.
Reading the FAQ would also be a good idea.
@Arkasas: Yeah, I saw that on the lite. I'll admit that I would've found that suspicious as a mafia player, but I probably would have been more cautious, especially as a new player since outing him if he's telling the truth is basically condemning the village. I'd rather play it safe until I learn what risks are worth taking.
A good idea. A village isn't condemned for losing the seer though; many games have been won with the seer dieing really early.

In

What year is it?

In as Charles II, the Bewitched.

Not this .01 snipe business...

Variety is good!

I'll take my reserved spot. Thanks Panzer!

You're welcome, glad to have you

That's what I figured, but then why is Panzer using that picture?

What's wrong with it? It's a family picture! You've got me on the right, King Joseph on the left, and that's papa standing between us!

No need to balance SK's never win. Never.

My favorite role is bus driver. Goodie who picks two people. Whoever targeted a now targets b and vice versa.

Well then I think you'll like the jester.

No, you're right, I misspoke. Mafia's cultists are truly unaligned, they belong to their own faction which is neither the good or the bad and has it's own unique ability types. Our cultists are, of course, always bad, but can choose what pack under certain circumstances.

Dark Cult might be what you're looking for.(Still waiting on that game, Marty!)

I want to be IN but I'm going on holiday the 26th.

So I leave it to the GM to decide

It's alright, if the game isn't over by then we'll find you a sub.

What does the necromancer do?

Panzer my roles and traits are the ones showed in the below posts. *nods*

Not much by comparison but in PBTCM, Lemeard ended up a blessed, infiltrator, jester, knight in shining armor cultist... So who knows!

In

If you're accepting new players. I've lurked on mafia and werewolf boards before and I've played some mafia, so I understand the basic rules well enough. I will most likely be a pretty noobish (but hopefully active) player though.

Welcome abroad! Always glad to have new players, especially active ones.

Re: Winning games without a seer. This here is a good read that will both show an example of how it can be done and introduce you to a local hero. It's pretty short, too.

Added everyone.

Reading the FAQ would also be a good idea.
A good idea. A village isn't condemned for losing the seer though; many games have been won with the seer dieing really early.
I'll make sure to read through the FAQ before the game starts

And true. Condemned was too strong. Though I'd rather leave an iffy baddie in the game early on over losing a seer.

And a nice quote from that game, right on pagfe one:

I don't oppose nocturnal start. Where did you get that idea, most games have nocturnal start. But I oppose increasing number of the players above 16. Player 17 is unnecessary addition and soon we have 19 or 20 player games.
:rofl:

The deadline sucks. The theme is awesome. In as El Cid.

EDIT: Stupid alxeu. :mad: In as Eadgar "the Æthelling" of Wessex.

The deadline sucks. The theme is awesome. In as El Cid.

EDIT: Stupid alxeu. :mad: In as Eadgar "the Æthelling" of Wessex.

U mad bro?

You can beat me at my own game by having even less of a life than me, though.

U mad bro?

You can beat me at my own game by having even less of a life than me, though.

Curse your seventh grandfather. This is a declaration of WAR!

Signed,
LatinKaiser I, Kaiser of Kaisers, King of Newbs, Duke of Grammar, Count of Signatures, and Baron of Boredom

I feel like most people in this thread only know about this period because of CK2.

Except Panzer. Judging by the picture in the first post, he learned about this period through the El Cid campaign of Age of Empires II.

Curse your seventh grandfather. This is a declaration of WAR!

Signed,
LatinKaiser I, Kaiser of Kaisers, King of Newbs, Duke of Grammar, Count of Signatures, and Baron of Boredom

You can't declare war on me! I'm a vassal of the Aztecs, you fool! You know, the ones with the almost invincible doomstacks?

Signed,

Alxeu, Willing Vassal of the Aztecs, duke of Aquitaine, claimant to the title of "El Cid", Owner of the title of "El Cid", and count of Bordeaux

You can't declare war on me! I'm a vassal of the Aztecs, you fool! You know, the ones with the almost invincible doomstacks?

To the Despicable Count Alxeu,
May your humours rot in your living body.
Signed,
LatinKaiser I, Kaiser of Kaisers, King of newbs, Duke of Grammar, Count of Signatures, annd baron of Boredom

@GM: I have received a revelation. I am no longer Eadgar of Wessex. I am now: Count von Count!

Count_von_Count_kneeling.png