• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wolfmaster1979

Wolfen
25 Badges
Jun 12, 2012
steamcommunity.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I will keep this short...

Today I started a new Ironman game with the sole intention of getting the "The One Who Brings Benefit" (As a Zoroastrian, become the prophesied Saoshyant) achievement. I had some very rough spots, but I managed very good. I finally was able to break the Saffarid's grip on the region and claimed a new duchy. Next thing I know, they get hit with a "adventure invasion" with 30k event troops... As you can see below, they lost and the Indians took the Kingdom of Afghanistan. Then less than a year later they declare a holy war on me for 1 country which was in the de jure Kingdom of Afghanistan... and guess what. I had at most 7k troops and they have at least 25k-30k troops due to their event troops... I was really like WTF and a bit annoyed... Not raging here, as I just gave them the 1 piece of land so I could go about my business as I was dealing with 3 other wars. However I think it is a little silly that they get to keep all of them and since we have a new upcoming expansion I wanted to ask the following questions:

1. Are adventures & their event troops getting reworked in Charlemagne? If so, how?
2. Is this WAD (I am assuming it is, but I took a break from CK2 for a long time so I do not know)
3. How the hell do you deal with a situation like this??

0584973728ADDC39A6491D1D31C4F8A2D2E6E26C

Your best bet is to declare war after saving up for lots of mercs. Enough to continually whittle away forces then immediately white peace. You have another truce and his event troops will slowly run out