• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not saying Knights should actually be 20 times better than cataphracts, or that they should give a siege bonus due to breached walls. However, exaggeration takes something that exists and magnifies it, which means that the exaggeration of the Byzantines is how much better "Celtic" Knights are, not that they are better. When every chronicler native to the ERE and the Levant agrees that the way to beat "Frankish"/"Celtic" Knights is to either avoid melee, or use maneuvering and pre-battle logistics to ensure they aren't allowed to fight at peak perfomance, because if you do engage them in melee at their peak perfomance you will get slaughtered? Maybe "Frankish"/"Celtic" Knights shouldn't be the weakest retinue (See? I can do exaggeration as well, AFAIK Knights aren't the weakest retinue, but they aren't a strong one).

Please put the worms back in their can.

I really hope that they start with a CK3 sooner than later. Seems to be tempting to have 2-3 guys produce cheap DLCs for easy profit for years.
Luckily I doubt they'd do it for years. I think there will only be one expansion after Charlie Boy. The game is getting old, and they can't milk it indefinitely. This is why people were so upset about the new expansion being a new start date. There's a not many expansions left that feasibly can be made, and people had hoped to see their pet features they have lobbied for for years, instead of a start date.

Ahem. Correction: We made the old tutorial functional again (finally!). But we also made a new "tutorial", as a complement to the old one. :)

Ah, an addition.

Thanks for the clarification. Now i'm curious. :D

I agree with the need for flavor, events, and more things to do outside of war. Yes, more time and more land is great, but what about a more peacible playthrough where my characters are fleshed out?

I am really excited for Charlemagne, but I'm still hoping for more events and fleshing out of lesser cultures and religions.

Thats true. I notice a lot of complaining goes on about the mega-blobs. I have not played the game as much as some but...you might not see the super focus on creating mega-blobs if there were more peacetime gameplay alternatives.

I may unique in this opinion, but I really want to see them start on CK3 sooner than later. A lot of the problems with the game are the sort that need to be solved from the ground up, like revamping and improving the AI, which has become a significant barrier to further enjoying the game after nearly 2000 hours.

Hopefully Charlemagne adds some much-needed freshness to the game though.
I agree with this as of now in CK2 almost everything is playable and the places where improvments are needed are not the ones that can be be packed of in a DLC . What the game really needs is a complete revamp across the board and not just in one particular area. Looking at it from paradox's point of view creating a new DLC that completely revamps the game without being flashy is a commercial disaster honestly no one outside these forums is going to give a crap about a DLC about administration and bureaucracy in medival europe. Creating CK3 would be a much better alternative.

I would say, Yes, this is likely the last expansion. That would make 6 expansions now? 7? And no, there will be no CK3 in at least 3 years. They have HoI 4 coming soon and Victoria 3 after that

They have HoI 4 coming soon and Victoria 3 after that

Possibly Rome II after that and/or even some kind of Dark Ages game based on Enlil's ridiculously long titled mod. Also, East vs West? I'm thinking that's what this Project Augustus might be.

I will not accept a final expansion until we get China and SE Asia!
Not happening, but if it does happen, they would need "government types" a la EU4.

I'm not convinced they are done with the DLC yet and I don't know that I want them to be.

Listening to the current project lead speak on that last stream where they showcased their progress on Charlemagne tells me he has a lot of ideas and things he wants to do if given enough time. Things that sound chaotic and awesome. I enjoy the ahistoral possibilities.

I'm certain there's at least one or two game changing DLCs still ahead of us.

Thats true. I notice a lot of complaining goes on about the mega-blobs. I have not played the game as much as some but...you might not see the super focus on creating mega-blobs if there were more peacetime gameplay alternatives.

There's plenty of 'war by other means' play in all the plots and dynastic manoeuvring. It's just that most players don't bother to micromanage all their courtiers and vassals, as it becomes too much work for too little gain.

If by peace-time you mean a friendly game of economic/cultural/technological development for the benefit of humanity, then no, this is not really the game for you.

If by peace-time you mean a friendly game of economic/cultural/technological development for the benefit of humanity, then no, this is not really the game for you.

No we mean having events and plots that put interest on what your character is doing besides finding a CB and invading your neighours. That is why the % of people playing the full time-span of the game is so low. After a while it is always the same thing it just becomes easier because you get bigger. On the other hand starting a new game is exciting because you are small again and that means every little event can actually present a challenge to you.

There's still SOOO much for them to add. I fully expect to be bored as hell with CK3 because CK2 has so much content already that shoving the same content as the base game a few of the expansions onto a better engine and some better graphics will seem like a step down. He'es me hoping CK3 will come out in little bits. The engine should be upgraded bit by bit as parts of DLC, new content and mechanics added and fixed like what CM is doing with assassination. There are plenty of cultures and a few religions that still need to be fleshed out. Down with the one game, next game in a few years model!! DLCs forever!!!!

Also as a college student, getting the game, plus every DLC is a huge chunk of change. I'd hate to have to do it again, but I'm fine with periodically getting more DLCs to improve the game.

I'd like to see some more love for Africa, including an expanded Mali and the addition of provinces for Kanem-Bornu in that huge swathe of empty desert area. It can't be that hard to do.

... honestly no one outside these forums is going to give a crap about a DLC about administration and bureaucracy in medival europe. ...

Well, if you put it that way... It doesn't sound very cool. Even if it is.

On a more serious note, Paradox has made titles that they didn't even expect to brake even before. There was no/little fate that Vic2 would ever make a profit. Mr. Wester even agreed to shave his head if it did (witch it did and Mr. Wester got a new haircut).