• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Adventures don't make sense sometimes like I had adventure of my brother that I just maimed in battle then arrested and banished he had no money, ended up leaving in a court of one of my vassals and suddenly raised an army of 15k inside of my country without me knowing?

There is one thing I don't get though how do you plan your wars don't you guys have allies? You have adventure who spawns in your borders with troops beating you 2:1 call your allies and crash him beating him up 8:1. My primary goal in this game is to have 2 strong alias I can call into war at all times. This saves you so much why pay 150 gold for mercenaries when you can call allies for free multiple times. In my current Let's Play I play as Poland and so far 3/4 of my wars have been won without rising a single troop just by calling Hungary to aid.

Adventurers can be a serious pain in the ass. The most you can do is gather what forces you can and try to fight in area that more advantageous to you, also if your lucky they can split into one slot stacks, which baring a huge numbers disparity and luck usually works in your favor. If they come by boat try to catch when they land.

I once had an "adventure" launched by my brother who was staying in my court the whole time. It had a 1% so I dismissed it. Only adventure I ever lost. But can you imagine? "No bro, those 30 000 armed, hairy men are just here to work in the garden!"

I read what you wrote, maybe I wasn't clear. Conveniently, minutes after I read your message, I got my first adventurer of the game in my West African playthrough while I was raiding Sweden. Maybe I can illustrate my point with this image:

OwWH2vz.jpg

As you can see, he has a claim on Mauretania. If he attacks me and wins, he will only get my titles inside the kingdom of Mauretania. If all my land is inside the kingdom of Mauretania, I lose. If I can't assassinate him or beat him, one solution is to conquer some land outside of Mauretania before you lose the war, so that you can avoid game over.

Edit: On second thought, it probably won't work unless you manage to create/usurp another king-level title. I'm not entirely sure, I never faced this scenario.

again you proved you did not read. You are clearly well above the threshold of holding your own in Levies/power / money to defend an adventurer, Which in your case HAS A CLAIM and will be an easy donation of 500g to your treasury. Try not being an emperor but a very small king in the year 900 and getting attacked by a host or multiple hosts that have NO claim on anything in your area . You will have 8k-15k troops if you are lucky and if you have saved every dime not upgrading your castles you might have 500 Gold.. which is enough to higher 1-2 mercs so around 1500-3k additional men for a very short time frame and get slammed by not a properly scaled Host but a 30k host. which in a lot of cases is an unwinnable odds.

Haven't generally had much of a issue with adventurers even as a petty kingdom but it helps to have allies and well sometimes one is just going to lose no point getting angry about it.