• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rorlegion

First Lieutenant
61 Badges
Sep 5, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
tumblr_nbjde5YS1E1qe087co7_r1_1280.png

Welcome to my first Let's Play. I'll be playing as Russia and using v1.7 of the Divide By Zero ("DBZ") mod with a few of my own changes which are explained throughout the episodes.
  • I'll avoid gamey tactics and won't collect more than 25 infamy unless there's some role-playing related reason.
  • Russia will be played somewhat as it progressed historically, albeit more aggressively and with faster industrialization.
  • Episodes will last roughly 30 minutes or three in-game years, whichever takes less time.
  • I'll try and put out two episodes per week.
  • I am collecting the autosaves so that I can publish statistics like GDP, pop growth, war casualties, and more, like for what I do in my American AAR.

Link to the Playlist.

Episode One: Introduction
Episode Two: The Austro-Russo War
Episode Three: The Russian Economy (due the week of September 14th-20th)

Last edited:
subbed

Subbed

I liked your USA AAR so I guess I'll finally watch a Paradox game LP though I've never been much of an LP fan. It is nice seeing someone else's playstyle.

Questions:
Are you going to go communist and create the Soviet Union?
Is the life need reduction for artisans part of DBZ or that in your custom files? If so, can I borrow them:ninja:?

Thanks for checking it out! I'm going to try and guide Russia to communism, probably around 1900 if not sooner. Here are the changes I made to the event_modifiers.txt, found in the "common" folder of the mod:

the_rights_of_man = {
tax_efficiency = 0.05
middle_everyday_needs = -0.1
middle_life_needs = -0.05
prestige = 0.02
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.04
icon = 13
}

political_ideology = {
prestige = 0.03
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.05
icon = 13
}

of_state_n_government = {
tax_efficiency = -0.5
prestige = 0.04
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.06
icon = 13
}

dreams_of_empire = {
poor_life_needs = 0.05
middle_life_needs = 0.05
rich_life_needs = 0.05
tax_efficiency = -0.1
prestige = 0.06
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.07
icon = 13
}

the_means_of_production = {
poor_everyday_needs = 0.05
middle_everyday_needs = 0.05
rich_everyday_needs = 0.05
poor_life_needs = 0.1
middle_life_needs = 0.1
rich_life_needs = 0.1
tax_efficiency = -0.15
prestige = 0.08
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.08
global_pop_militancy_modifier = 0.01
icon = 13
}

the_flaws_of_democracy = {
poor_everyday_needs = 0.1
middle_everyday_needs = 0.1
rich_everyday_needs = 0.1
poor_life_needs = 0.15
middle_life_needs = 0.15
rich_life_needs = 0.15
poor_luxury_needs = 0.05
middle_luxury_needs = 0.05
rich_luxury_needs = 0.05
tax_efficiency = -0.2
prestige = 0.1
core_pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.10
global_pop_militancy_modifier = 0.02
icon = 13
}
I'd just open up the file, ctrl+f "rights_of" and replace the whole thing. It makes sense that consumer demand increases as time goes on and pops get more money, so that's why I made these changes.

Episode One: Introduction
Setting Up to Strike Austria
1836-1839

Click Image for Larger Map

tumblr_nbm031JWsj1qe087co2_r1_1280.png

[video=youtube;ae8S3QOPH9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8S3QOPH9I[/video]​

Last edited:
You must do some sort of tutorial for your images.

Loved the first 2 episodes

Finished with Ep 1, a bold move attacking so early. I usually hang around as Russia for awhile until I can improve the economy. Even if the Ottomans don't join in, you'll still be in very good shape I think.

On a gameplay note that is a good idea using provinces with only enough POPs for one brigade for artillery. I'm going to have to use that :D.

Episode Two: The Austro-Russo War
Galacia and Lodomira Annexed; Austrian Economy Wrecked
1839-1841

tumblr_nbrkgpZ0hx1qe087co2_1280.png

No larger map this time - accidentally deleted the large image.

tumblr_nbrkgpZ0hx1qe087co3_1280.png

tumblr_nbrkgpZ0hx1qe087co1_1280.png

[video=youtube;3G0QI4OzKGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0QI4OzKGU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Note: I will add casualties statistics sometime this weekend.

Comments:

You must do some sort of tutorial for your images.

haha, that would take a while as I have no background in graphic design and don't know how to explain what I'm doing. It took A LOT of trial and error over the years since I have no training. I did learn how to do the maps from a Vicky2 forum post. I'll try and dig it up and post it sometime - I think it's in the Vicky2 Screenshots thread.

Loved the first 2 episodes

Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for checking it out :D

Finished with Ep 1, a bold move attacking so early. I usually hang around as Russia for awhile until I can improve the economy. Even if the Ottomans don't join in, you'll still be in very good shape I think.

On a gameplay note that is a good idea using provinces with only enough POPs for one brigade for artillery. I'm going to have to use that :D.

I've never attacked Austria that early before. I did it for a couple of reasons - one, to get people interested (by having a war so early) and two, I view infamy/bad boy somewhat as a "use it or lose it" currency - meaning, if I have 0 infamy, I'm missing out. Very poor analogy, but I hope you get what I'm saying. That one brigade-artillery technique saves SO much time reorganizing depleted units. Thanks for checking it out!

Edit 10/26/2014: I had put this Let's Play on hold, and I fully intended to start doing episodes again. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted all the saves and the "modified" mod of DBZ I was using in an effort to clean up hard drive space. I was thinking that all I should save were the files for my other AAR and completely forgot about the files related to this one. So my other (American) AAR is still going, but this one is declared dead, unfortunately.

Last edited:
A solid win over Austria. Surprised you pushed the wargoals. Any plans to tear Moldavia away from the Ottomans?

Really looking forward to the next episode. I have a lot to learn about how to set up an economy and grow it.

I've never attacked Austria that early before. I did it for a couple of reasons - one, to get people interested (by having a war so early) and two, I view infamy/bad boy somewhat as a "use it or lose it" currency - meaning, if I have 0 infamy, I'm missing out.
I first heard it as "Don't ever have zero Infamy; you're wasting the world's forgiveness!"

I'll have to keep that artillery trick in mind when I get back to Victoria 2.

Is this dead or is real life interfering?

He edited in his last post:

Edit 10/26/2014: I had put this Let's Play on hold, and I fully intended to start doing episodes again. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted all the saves and the "modified" mod of DBZ I was using in an effort to clean up hard drive space. I was thinking that all I should save were the files for my other AAR and completely forgot about the files related to this one. So my other (American) AAR is still going, but this one is declared dead, unfortunately."