• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2KA2JRZ.png

Hear the words of the Qurils.

The Chanyu met with all the leaders of the clans, and a decision was take. The Qurils would return north, to the islands of luxury and plenty.

But our food was scarce, and though we began our journey north, we were in no hurry. We learnt to pluck the fish from the sea, and feasted better than we had in years. We learnt how to make simple rafts and canoes. Some brave men went west, into the dark desert, hunting and gathering fresh and bountiful produce from the watering holes along the way.

Yet this simply strengthened our resolve to flee this land. The dark-faced natives hated us, and we grow afraid of some great gathering of their tribes, to murder us and drive us into the sea. And so, we now stand poised to take possession of our new land, or Great Quriltai, as we now call it. We stand on the precipice of a brave new world.

2 things:

1. Yes, you need to assign food and wealth every single turn, even if you are moving the POPs, unless you want them to all die.

2. You can only move POPs one province per turn, and they can only move if they border a province controlled by you the previous turn or if they border a trade route from the previous turn.

Also: if you are submitting orders, can you please include the name of your Civ? It would make things considerably easier.

I quit the game, too much effort into the orders and complicated rules.

Ok, it appears right now I'm missing orders from Derven, with orders that need to be corrected from Egypt. I'll extend the deadline for correcting orders by 12 hours. I'm going to ignore the mistakes people have made with assigning production (which are mostly minor) just so you can see how a turn plays out correctly.

I quit the game, too much effort into the orders and complicated rules.

Seriously? I honestly fail to see whats so complicated about painting colors on a map and assigning who is who and who gets what. Oh, and based on the orders you sent in, you quite clearly failed to read any of the rules.

Seriously? I honestly fail to see whats so complicated about painting colors on a map and assigning who is who and who gets what. Oh, and based on the orders you sent in, you quite clearly failed to read any of the rules.
I would have preferred a basic and normal order routine, also, being a little more laid' back to your players could also be good :p

I would have preferred a basic and normal order routine, also, being a little more laid' back to your players could also be good :p

This is a pretty basic order routine. Assign actions->PM to GM. Of course, since you didn't read the rules, that may have been problematic.

This is a pretty basic order routine. Assign actions->PM to GM. Of course, since you didn't read the rules, that may have been problematic.
It's just a little confusing for people who don't do lots of image-type stuff, and all of the deadlines make me slightly nervous. Thank you for doing this though; I'm sure it's more work for you than for us.

It's just a little confusing for people who don't do lots of image-type stuff, and all of the deadlines make me slightly nervous. Thank you for doing this though; I'm sure it's more work for you than for us.

Aye, I must concur about the deadlines- they could be relaxed a little :) great otherwise.

al-Aziz, the images can easily be edited using the "fill" tool on paint :) though use the map I posted a few pages ago rather than EW's, as that seems to have become unpaintable (presumably because of the upload somehow).

Update is going to be delayed owing to the immense amount of work I have to do tomorrow.

Ok, sorry for the delay, I'll probably have something up for tomorrow, just I've been extremely busy the past couple days and didn't have time. If anyone wants to help processing orders, PM me.

Ok, sorry for the delay, I'll probably have something up for tomorrow, just I've been extremely busy the past couple days and didn't have time. If anyone wants to help processing orders, PM me.
Just want to say thanks for running this game, despite being so busy. looking forward to the first turn, and seeing what its really about. Unfortunately, I have basically no experience with this kind of thing, otherwise I would try and help you out.

Sorry for the delay, I'm working as best I can but new stuff keeps coming up..

Turn 1-14,000 BC

Time dissipates to shining ether the solid angularity of facts.-Ralph Waldo Emerson, History

320px-Vestonicka_venuse_edit.jpg

As the seemingly inexorable ice age that has encircled the world for the past few thousand years starts to dissipate, small tribes of humans begin to band together to form larger societies, sharing a common language, religion and social structure. In short, the beginnings of civilization are at hand.

Over the next thousand years, not much eventful happens. The humans (by this point on every continent) gradually expand into nearby territories to take advantage of the opportunities for hunting and gathering. The legitimacy of the various tribal leaders is derived from their ability to feed the population and maintain order, and most of them do an adequate job of it. Naturally, due to the lack of written records, information about this time period is scarce, and archaeologists have had to make do with evidence from camp sites.

A tribe called the Thyrenians makes its way west from central Europe, in the process impoverishing much of its population. A similar phenomenon happens with the tribe known as the Gaetians, in the far west of Europe. Curiously enough, by being driven to more desperate straits, these civilizations are making more technological progress then those which more cautiously stick to the old ways of life. Within a couple more generations, these tribe may well discover that by planting the seeds of the various plants they gather, they can harvest them later and gain a more sustainable source of food.

The world in 14,000 BC

Everyone except Thyrenia and the Gaetians gains 1 new POP for next turn
More detailed statistics will be posted later, in the mean time, everyone has till wednesday to get their orders in.

Attachments

• hpC9gO4.png
    hpC9gO4.png
    543,9 KB · Views: 39
Khasran ~ The Sacred Hearth

The jungles of Khasran engulfed the hundreds of villages and camps of the Sambari. Chiefs and clan elders dominated the decision processes of the humans inhabiting the island in prehistory. There was little room for agriculture and cutting down the tall trees of the wildernesses seemed like a task only for the gods. Instead the Sambari gravitated toward large water sources and the coastline where they became proficient at fishing. There was plentiful food and over the centuries the population grew by thousands in the land. Still there was little in the way of civilization although culture was emerging and diverging between the coastal clans and the interior clans. This period is known to history as the Kurganea Period where simple carvings and intricate designs on cave walls were made everywhere. Along the coast a pantheon of spirits and deities along with myths arose about the vast world ocean. In the jungles of the interior stories of towering spirits became common place.

To the coastal populations the sea was the source of life and on any given day thousands of fisherman threw spears into the water and swam farther away from the shore every century or so until some could go so far as to not even see the Khasran. But there were dangers like the sharp toothed fish (sharks) that craved blood. The rioks feasted on human flesh to nourish the master of the ocean, Isul. A culture of prestige developed around these deep sea fishermen. In the interior hunting dominated although the beasts of the wilderness posed a danger to all inner clans. Their spirits resembled saber-toothed tigers, snakes, and insects. Still though they gravitated around fresh water lakes and water sources where fishing was an important source of food. Here they worshipped the snake god Girga who weighed the souls of the dead.

The Khasran is still isolated and for many centuries to come the way of life here will remain unchanged.

Um, very few people have replied so far.

((I'll post some IC later tonight, and am doing my orders now :p.

EDIT: Wait, before I do my orders, quick question: was saving food and wealth allowed, or not?))

Last edited: