• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Voting in PM

I naturally don't like the fact that I'm not in there, but Gen. Marshall has a point.

I think I like what you're doing here. 3 spies for 9 people makes it highly unlikely that you excluded the spies from the mission as well as cards, but at least this will yield the most information.

APPROVE the team.

I think we actually came to the conclusion some time ago that it is a better idea to have lots of info on a small number of people than little info on a large number of people. Which is why I generally prefer to see the people with cards being put on missions. The fact that I myself happen to hold one is just a plus.

Voting by PM.

*must resist making a joke with questionable content*

Hey, you're here. Good. Soon enough all good werewolf players will be here :)

I think it would be better to have KACEOY on the team. That way he can check another and reduce suspects. In the spotlight works fine from off the team though.

Reject

Nice to see ITS and KACEOY pop out early while they are still of some use. If nothing else, the threat of those cards should make it possible to make this first mission a success.

As for the mission itself, I like that I'm on it. Is that enough for me to approve right away, though? I'm not sure yet.

Voting in PM

Nice to see ITS and KACEOY pop out early while they are still of some use. If nothing else, the threat of those cards should make it possible to make this first mission a success.

As for the mission itself, I like that I'm on it. Is that enough for me to approve right away, though? I'm not sure yet.

Voting in PM

Chemist, you're up next, so how about this, you propose a team of yourself, me, and Marshall. Snoop uses ITS on one of me and you, Marshall WANEGBT on the other. This gives the team quite good odds of passing, as no spy could sabotage it without revealing his identity to one person at least.

I also did some statistic work last game which I couldn't publish as I was GM(and lost when I changed laptops), but it was about how the first mission's success is very important to the resistance. I've found that in around 74% of cases(I can't recall the exact number), the team that gets the first mission wins the game, ie if it is sabotaged, there's a 74% chance we'll lose, and if it succeeds, there's a 74% chance we'll win.

Then again, correlation doesn't imply causation, especially here as for a team to win there must be 3 missions in its favor, so the chances of the first team being one of them are already pretty high, made even higher by the fact that all games have a team number 1 but not all have a team number 5, I won't do the math but I'm pretty sure that assuming equal mission importance the results would still be the first team being the victor's in, say, 2/3 of cases, but I wouldn't say it's quite 74%, so...

Actually, contrary to when I first started this post I'm no longer convinced the first mission is that important, but it's got some data so I'mma post it anyway, and the proposal still sounds real fine to me especially as I'd be on it. What'd y'all say?

Chemist, you're up next, so how about this, you propose a team of yourself, me, and Marshall. Snoop uses ITS on one of me and you, Marshall WANEGBT on the other. This gives the team quite good odds of passing, as no spy could sabotage it without revealing his identity to one person at least.

That does assume that neither of the cardholders is a spy, but I rather like the suggestion. Although why should you be the person on the mission along with Marshall and myself? :laugh: And what's WANEGBT?

I also did some statistic work last game which I couldn't publish as I was GM(and lost when I changed laptops), but it was about how the first mission's success is very important to the resistance. I've found that in around 74% of cases(I can't recall the exact number), the team that gets the first mission wins the game, ie if it is sabotaged, there's a 74% chance we'll lose, and if it succeeds, there's a 74% chance we'll win.

Then again, correlation doesn't imply causation, especially here as for a team to win there must be 3 missions in its favor, so the chances of the first team being one of them are already pretty high, made even higher by the fact that all games have a team number 1 but not all have a team number 5, I won't do the math but I'm pretty sure that assuming equal mission importance the results would still be the first team being the victor's in, say, 2/3 of cases, but I wouldn't say it's quite 74%, so...

Actually, contrary to when I first started this post I'm no longer convinced the first mission is that important, but it's got some data so I'mma post it anyway, and the proposal still sounds real fine to me especially as I'd be on it. What'd y'all say?

If it's just our games that you are using for that, you have a very small sample size, so it's hard to draw conclusions from that. That said, it doesn't surprise me that the first mission is so critical. I believe that the game is designed to be balanced in such a way that the first and fourth missions typically pass, while 2 and 3 usually fail.

That does assume that neither of the cardholders is a spy, but I rather like the suggestion. Although why should you be the person on the mission along with Marshall and myself? :laugh: And what's WANEGBT?

Well, ITS gives the knowledge of what someone did to everyone, and even in the worst cases KACEOY still gives you an "at least one of those two is a spy" relationship. And if you mean that they'd need to be resistance to even agree to use them, well that alone should get them to use them.

And you should choose me because I have Strong Leader, more info on card holders is always a good thing.

Edit: Oh and, WANEGBT is just what I call KACEOY

If it's just our games that you are using for that, you have a very small sample size, so it's hard to draw conclusions from that. That said, it doesn't surprise me that the first mission is so critical. I believe that the game is designed to be balanced in such a way that the first and fourth missions typically pass, while 2 and 3 usually fail.

Yeah, I just checked our games, and while we don't have many, I don't think checking others would really work as we have a different dynamic entirely.

Last edited:
I'm dead.

REJECT

Because rejecting the first proposal is cool, yo.

Oh Arkansas, where art thou?

arkansas-map.gif

Team of Falc, madchemist, aedan is Rejected 4-5

Approve: Falc, Alxeu, Gen. Marshall, madchemist

Reject: Tamius23, Panzer, aedan, snoopdog, Arkasas

That's 1 out of 5 possible Rejected teams this round.

Madchemist is the new leader with a 3 person team to propose.

Okay, important off-topic question: XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2: Retribution?

Sale on both ends in a day and 12 hours. I already got Bioshock Infinite and my most important standard for judging a game is story and atmosphere. Help please?

Also, agree with Snoopdogg, suspicious behavior is suspicious.

I'm wary of this team. Too many people approved, for too little reason. And KACEOY works better if it's user is on the team too. But Marshall approved this team. I have a lot of doubts that he's a good guy. Next team should have me, and not sure who else, but I'm definitely against Marshall and Falc.

I approved because I wanted next round's cards, but I am a little weirded out by the other approvals.

I'm thinking me+Panzer+aedan/snoop. Panzer seems to be saying some sensible things, so I want him involved. Not sure which of aedan or snoop I'd really prefer, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if both are good. I would like to see both plot cards used on this mission, so that we either force a success or smoke out a spy.

Proposal:

madchemist
Panzer Commader
aedan777

Approve

On the bright side, someone listened to what I said, or at least did what I wanted.

On the bad side if it happens this easily, I'm probably wrong. At least that how these things tend to go.

Though I won't let that cloud my judgement, this is probably our best team with what we know.

Approve