• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saxon125

Colonel
44 Badges
Jun 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Introduction
So here we are again another AAR and now I have two running alongside each other. With Mother of Dragons entering a period of peace game play wise I've decided to make another AAR chronicling the Pendragon Dynasty a custom made house from 866 to 1453 (hopefully)

A few mods will be used. (Found On Steam Workshop)

Ruler Designer Unlocked (So I can make a worthwhile character to begin the Pendragon Dynasty)

Cantrefi Wales Divided (A mod that makes Wales larger and much more worthwhile to play as a Kingdom by doubling the number of Counties and Dukedoms and removing Cornwall as part of de-jure Wales)

As for DLC I have the following.

Sons Of Abraham

The Old Gods

The Republic

Legacy Of Rome

Anyway the Prologue should be up in a few days, My Mother of Dragons AAR will continue and will run alongside this and I will try to update both as frequently as possible.

As always Comments and Feedback are appreciated.

Index
Prologue

Chapter I Uther Pendragon 867 - 921
Chapter I

World Interlude 921

Chapter II Arthur Pendragon 921 - 925
Chapter I

Chapter III Elis Pendragon 925 - 975
Chapter I

Chapter II

Chapter III

Chapter IV

Chapter V

World Interlude 975

Chapter IV Arthur II Pendragon 975 - 984
Chapter I

Chapter V Lylr Pendragon 984 - 988
Chapter I

Chapter VI Meilyr Pendragon 988 - 1011
Chapter I

Chapter II

Chapter III

Chapter IV

Chapter V

World Interlude 1012

Chapter VII Rhys Pendragon 1011 - 1052
Chapter I

Chapter II

Chapter III

Chapter IV

Chapter V

Chapter VI

Chapter VII

World Interlude 1052

Chapter VIII Meilyr II Pendragon 1052 - 1084
Chapter I

Chapter II

Chapter III/World Interlude/Epilogue

Last edited:
I believe to create a link to specific chapters, you save the links on the post number in the top-right part of the posts.

Thanks I'll Try that When I start putting a table of contents together

This sounds rather interesting and I'll keep an eye on it :D Personally I belive that third person or first person narratives are both equally good for an AAR and adding some humour here and there surely a good tool to lighten up your AAR, but it's your choice :D

For the table of contents zou have to use this BB code --> Enter name of chapter[url] JUST PUT A "/" IN FRONT OF THE SECOND URL and the link to a specific post is available if you right-click on the number of a post to the right corner and click 'copy link'. Hope I could be of use :D

Last edited:
As a (sort of) Welshman and an avid user of the Cantrefi Wales Divided mod, I shall certainly be trying my best to keep up with this. Pob lwc! :)

It says the Webpage is not available.

That will be because he used 'Enter name of chapter' as the URL. What you need to do, to clarify what others have said, is copy the link you get from the number in the top right of a post (for example, for this post you'd right click on #7) then insert that into the following code: [*URL="exampleURL"]Name of Chapter[*/URL]. (Minus the asterisks.)

Hopefully, that should help you.

Prologue

I hate my Job, These were the bywords in Rhys memory words that were constantly thought as he sat at his desk deep in the bowels of the castle of Gwynedd in the royal archives. For Rhys was the recently appointed the royal chronicler, well that was its official title everyone else called it "the unluckiest job in Wales" with good reason for Rhys was the third man in a number of years to hold the post. His predecessor Gareth had in a drunken stupor sang a Monty Python song and was brutally killed were he stood for breaching copyright, and before that there was Owain who had been killed by a angry mob after being caught smoking inside a tavern.

Rhys sighed and stood up, he was a dwarf but no one said it to his face for fear of him destroying their testicles with a mace or in the case of women destroying all their makeup, but despite his small size he had the brain of a genius and was a lustful bastard, for he had more sex then a character from Game of Thrones. His early life was uneventful for at a early age his father threw him out of the house after he struck his brother with a battleaxe for mocking his height and dwarfism, he was sent to a monastery but ending up in brawl within hours of arriving after a argument over who should get a second helping of food. He would travel for a while before arriving at the court of the King of Wales and would shortly after before appointed the Royal Chronicler.

Suddenly the King entered with a fanfare of trumpets, "do you really need a trumpet fanfare every time you enter a room muttered Rhys" "it is to announce my presence replied the Monarch" "Your the king for God's sake everyone knows you without the bloody fanfare" Rhys snapped back "silence Dwarf" the king tried to sound threatening but was a coward at heart and sounded about as threatening as a rabbit with the word boo painted on its nose. Rhys fingered the handle of the mace he kept under his desk thinking of denying the King the chance to procreate before composing himself.

So my oh great and mighty king what brings you to my merry little slice of hell? I wish you to compose a chronicle of my ancestors ancestors who were much better then you thought Rhys. The King continued "I wish to spread the fame of my house throughout the known world by publishing this chronicle, oh and when get round to writing about me mention me in great detail". "Yes sire" said Rhys making a mental note to mention the current king in as little detail as possible, and what shall I call this chronicle?

The king thought for a moment call it The Pendragon Chronicles

Comments and Feedback are appreciated, I hope you guys enjoy my humor. As a rule the interludes will include Rhys and possibly several other characters talking about the world map that year, (I'll try and do world updates after the death of every king). and I plan on doing one chapter per King but they will be more text based then my other AAR.

The first chapter should be out this weekend.

Enjoy reading the Pendragon Chronicles.

Last edited:
That will be because he used 'Enter name of chapter' as the URL. What you need to do, to clarify what others have said, is copy the link you get from the number in the top right of a post (for example, for this post you'd right click on #7) then insert that into the following code: [*URL="exampleURL"]Name of Chapter[*/URL]. (Minus the asterisks.)

Hopefully, that should help you.

I try that but it does not remove the link from the word and form a proper link example [http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799477-The-Pendragon-Chronicles-(A-Chronicle-of-the-Pendragon-s-Rulers-of-Wales)&p=18003678&viewfull=1#post18003678"]Prologue what am I doing wrong? Also I apologize for taking up your time.

I try that but it does not remove the link from the word and form a proper link example [http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799477-The-Pendragon-Chronicles-(A-Chronicle-of-the-Pendragon-s-Rulers-of-Wales)&p=18003678&viewfull=1#post18003678"]Prologue what am I doing wrong? Also I apologize for taking up your time.

You're missing the 'URL="' at the start of the first bracket and then the second bracket altogether. What you want, without asterisks, is the following: [*URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799477-The-Pendragon-Chronicles-(A-Chronicle-of-the-Pendragon-s-Rulers-of-Wales)&p=18003678&viewfull=1#post18003678"]Prologue[*/URL]

It's no problem on my part, by the way. :)

Aside from that, the prologue is very promising. I'm enjoying the humourous asides and would say only to keep on developing your style. You've got a good beginning here, and I'm looking forward to seeing what your Wales is like in the come updates. :)

You're missing the 'URL="' at the start of the first bracket and then the second bracket altogether. What you want, without asterisks, is the following: [*URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799477-The-Pendragon-Chronicles-(A-Chronicle-of-the-Pendragon-s-Rulers-of-Wales)&p=18003678&viewfull=1#post18003678"]Prologue[*/URL]

It's no problem on my part, by the way. :)

Aside from that, the prologue is very promising. I'm enjoying the humourous asides and would say only to keep on developing your style. You've got a good beginning here, and I'm looking forward to seeing what your Wales is like in the come updates. :)

It Works now thanks for that. The humor will be limited to the World Updates, as I want the chronicle itself to be a serious piece of writing. Still glad your enjoying this AAR

Interesting prologue :D I was especially intrigued by this thought: Rhys + Axe (instead of a Mace) = TYRION LANNISTER :rofl:

Looking forward to the first chapter and sorry for having screwed up in helping you to get a working table of contents built up :p

interesting prologue I was especially intrigued by this thought: Rhys + Axe (instead of a Mace) = TYRION LANNISTER Looking forward to the first chapter and sorry for having screwed up in helping you to get a working table of contents built up :p

Rhys Is sort of based on tyrion in the sense that he is a Dwarf Genius and is a lustful bastard. :)

You don't have to list all the song, unit, portrait etc. DLCs you use, the only significant ones are the gameplay ones (Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, etc.)

The Reign Of King Uther Pendragon

qkofvsP.png

King Uther Pendragon

Lived 845 - 921

King of Wales 879 - 921

Duke Of Gwynedd 866 - 921

Duke of Powys 866 - 921

Much is known about Uther Pendragon, he was considered to be a master of strategy, a man who would lead from the vanguard rather than cower in the rear and was said to be as brave as a lion. His good looks also did him credit as did his quickness; he also had a strong sense of justice and was a man skilled at social graces. His honesty and patient were well valued by his vassals. Uther was undoubtedly the strongest ruler in Wales holding procession of counties in the duchy of Gwynedd and the duchy of Powys.

How he came to become the most powerful man in Wales is shrouded in mystery. Uther was born into a family of some influence in Wales and his skill in battle was well known when the current ruler was forced to step down for unknown reasons, Uther took over and would take Wales by storm forming the Kingdom of Wales well before the end of his life. He is considered by many to be the greatest Pendragon.

Uther would be at war regularly during his reign, taking land in Wales and fighting pagans, his marriage to the one of the daughters of the King of Italy Gisile, was a good marriage and she bore six children, 4 daughters and two sons. Gwen, Morgana Arthur, Liliana, Rhys and Amy.

Uther however did have problems in his reign such as the Lollard heresy forming in the county of Maelienydd. A heresy which would remain for several years before it would be rooted out. But overall no civil wars would occur during his reign, showing how well beloved his was by both his vassals and the common folk. Uther would also expel the Jews from Wales in order to gain some gold, Reasons for this are speculated among historians but many believe that he did it in order to create the kingdom of Wales quickly so he could order the local rulers to submit to him to prevent the spread of pagan influence locally.

jEIuU1E.png

oibLYcp.png

With the creation of the Kingdom of Wales in less than 30 years. Uther would spend the rest of his reign consolidating his power and trying to reclaim Welsh provinces under pagan control. He would also create a personal retinue of archers known as The Dragon’s Teeth who were well armed and trained by the standards of the time. Their numbers totaled 1000 men by the King’s death. Many new buildings were also built during Uther’s reign giving both a strong economy and a powerful standing army by the end of his reign he could nearly raise nearly 3000 men from his own holdings. Gwynedd the capital of Wales would also become a hub of technological advancement. Uther's power was also improved with the passing of limited crown authority.

Uther would also try and convert pagan savages to the true faith and would managed to convert the king of Jorvik to the true faith. However other attempts to convert Pagan rulers largely failed after this. Many years after the Jews had been expelled Uther welcomed them back in the year of 906.

BK8Gza3.png

The king would also make great gains in Ireland taking control of the county's in the duchy's of Munster and Lenister for the Welsh Crown. He would fight a holy war for Dublin which would be won after 2 years of heavy fighting which enabled him to form the kingdom of Ireland, and bring virtually all the divided Irish lords under the pendragon banner.

REFU6zh.png

By the year of Uther’s death in 921 he was known the “Uther the Great” and for good reason for under his rule Wales has been transformed from a backwards country into an important nation on the world stage. They also held procession of 2 kingdoms Wales and Ireland. Uther had lived a very long life by the standards of the time was still was unaffected by infirmity in his last years and had been a furious warrior and diplomat, Arthur Uther’s son would have a heavy reputation to live up to.

Remember to Comment and criticize. Next chapter will be a interlude with Rhys the Dwarf .

Last edited:
I've decided to do a one ruler per chapter style so this first chapter is going to go and have some major removal and additions in the next few hours. Apologies for those who have read the first chapter already, but it will be easier for me to write as I do not need to do multiple updates for one ruler.

Okay, at least I can claim that I've already read the next chapter! :D

First Chapter is done images and all. Next Chapter will be a world interlude for the year of 921.

What is that new CoA on the Kingdom Title?