• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gianni_rivera

Sergeant
31 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
I know that the supply transportation in occupied territories is reduced compared with those owned/ annexed , but there are some situations that such implementation is ridiculous.

The most obvious is like when I am playing Nationalist China, when I fought the Japanese in Northern China, those areas are considered to be 'owned' by the Japanese.

So anywhere north of Beijing would be considered as 'occupied' territories of Nationalist China, including Manchuria.

So the game think the local Chinese in those area would help the Japanese in their supply transport while try to be partisan when Nationalist Chinese take over? And the local populance is not happy to be liberated? :sad:

The second issue is the supply line chosen by the game... the game is very 'honest' that it would only choose one province during transportation...

even there is bottle neck... it would not consider using the nearby province...

I guess experienced player would understand what I am talking about.

By the way, to the end of the day I dont understand why occupied territories have an arbitrary reduction in supply transport, i thought reduction by partisan is already quite enough.

Thanks

There are a lot of issues which exist as a side effect of "play balance". The developers wanted to be able to limit the ability of an attacker to "snowball", and keep getting more and more momentum. The idea is to limit the attacker by supply and infrastructure if he's getting too far ahead, which the supply system does. Unfortunately, it doesn't resemble "reality".

Actually, if the Chinese reoccupy a Japanese-held province, it's not as bad as it is for the Japanese to take it in the first place. China still has "cores" on the land in Manchuria, so the supply reduction due to partisan activity shouldn't be an issue, while it should have been an issue for Japan to operate past Shanxi before China surrenders.

Actually, if the Chinese reoccupy a Japanese-held province, it's not as bad as it is for the Japanese to take it in the first place. China still has "cores" on the land in Manchuria, so the supply reduction due to partisan activity shouldn't be an issue, while it should have been an issue for Japan to operate past Shanxi before China surrenders.

Yep. China's cores on all that stuff has real benefits.

The real reason invading Manchuria is a pain is because there's no infrastructure. It's bad enough in other parts of China, but trying to move tons of troops into Manchuria and fight will kill the supply network even if you own it and are at peace. There's a reason I upgrade infrastructure in Manchuria before invading the Soviets as China or Japan.

It's even worse for Soviet players who forget the bad supply situation. I lost an armored corps due to encirclement against Japan in Manchuria one time. They simply ran out of fuel and supply, while a bunch of Japanese infantry and special forces wiped them out. I was thoroughly embarrassed. Who needs partisans when the supply simply won't move anywhere in the first place?

Yeah as the USSR, any iteration of August thunder requires you be *very* careful about just how many troops you put in the East, and although tanks aren't completely out of the question you can't have a bunch of them or they'll be out of commission for a while lol.