• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The cliffhanger with Doomdark in war with his liege being potentially doomed was excellent.
If i wouldn't know better, one could think you staged it. :happy:

Isn't Medina the de-jure capital of Arabian empire/kingdom? So AI will naturally try to revoke it, leading to civil war. This in turn of course leads to "crushed major revolt" bonus due to roflstomping easy opponent and mean Abbasids do not have to care for infidel vassals as they all convert due to "great victory"

Isn't Medina the de-jure capital of Arabian empire/kingdom? So AI will naturally try to revoke it, leading to civil war. This in turn of course leads to "crushed major revolt" bonus due to roflstomping easy opponent and mean Abbasids do not have to care for infidel vassals as they all convert due to "great victory"

Nah, Damascus is for the empire. Medina is for the kingdom.

He's shiite though. That was probably the reason.

edit: Right, Abbasids are probably not empire level at the start. True.

That's kinda silly. Damascus was the Umayyad capital; the Abbasids built Baghdad specifically to replace it.

I just mentioned what the current state is in landed_titles.txt. They might change that for the earlier start.
Then again are they empire level at the 769 start ? I doubt it.

They seem Empire tier in the stream so why not? They're Empire tier in 867 as well.

They seem Empire tier in the stream so why not? They're Empire tier in 867 as well.

True, mixed it up.

That Damascus is capital in landed_titles for the empire seems a indeed a bit off, but Baghdad is indeed dejure in da Persian empire.
Sneaky persians.

I74IzkM.png

Surprised nobody noticed the Suebi culture in northwestern Spain.

Lithuanian, Latvian and Prussian cultures should be united

They seem to have very arbitrarily divided the Russians, and the existence of Bulgarians at this point is stupid.
And that's if we ignore the West Slavs, who have the worst division, with all Lechites not in Poland being lumped into one culture, and no Slovak or Moravian culture. Also, Carantanians, who were originally West Slavs, are represented by Croats.

Speaking of Lechites, that's probably what Poles should be called at that stage, although that's not a big deal.

The conditions look remarkably balanced and reasonable. Well done. Size 180 is quite tolerant, but France won't pull it off easily in later starts, unless it gets Burgundy, Lotharingia or Brittany or something totally on the outside. It should probably be used by the human player the most often, nope?

And what about the new kingdom requirements? How many duchies, what size, what prestige? In contrast to custom empires, I'd expect custom kingdoms to pop up more often, especially among Celts, Slavs and North Germanics.

I suppose no custom duchies for independent counts who somehow end up having a demesne of 5 counties but being unable to get hold of a complete de iure duchy? It could be pretty neat if gavelkind heirs of a duke received such titles as opposed to being ordinary counts (at least under some specific laws).

I like the Tribal Organisation level. Apparently at min level, you risk losing vassals on death. Nice!

That's great!

Hmmm... Makes me think: Will the Mongols be tribal and subject to that possibility when they appear in 1215 and later?

Last edited: