• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings, newly formed community!

We already have the roots for a vibrant community, and what I am seeing so far looks amazing. People and fans from all different games and areas of the internet have come together and quickly formed what looks to be a stellar discussion climate. So let's continue down that path and make it a bit more personal by introducing ourselves!

I'll start, of course :)

My name is John, and as you can see I have a horrible taste in nicknames. Luckily people usually end up calling me John/Moo instead of the full-on-abomination that is TotalyMoo. I've worked for Paradox a bit over two years now, on and off on different projects, roles and tasks. I'm currently the Community Manager for the War franchise, work as the host for our weekly streaming show Paradox Live and handle a lot of support issues. In addition to this I have now been tasked to take care of the CSL and Hollowpoint communities, woop! Before Paradox I came from a streaming background, working with DreamHack and Swedish TV to shoutcast a game called Heroes of Newerth and, in the end, a bit of Dota 2.

I'm a huge old-school city builder fan and I've put countless of hours into games like Caesar III, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Zeus, SimCity et cetera - but also tycoon games like RCT2 and such. Unfortunately I haven't gotten involved in many city builders since, as the newer iterations and franchises strayed too far away from what I found engaging and fun. So nowadays it's more action oriented with Dota 2, Hearthstone (MTG <3) and a few FPS's. Although I did put 20 hours into Banished this week...

Alas, there are more things in life than computer games! I also love to scuba dive, rock climb, talk to people, write, read, cook, build legos... The list is long. I'm one of those "loves to do everything"-types.

When it comes to interaction I like to consider myself highly approachable. This means you should feel free to talk to me at any time regarding any subject. I will be moderating these forums but that does not mean you should be afraid of me. My job is to be here for you, with you, and that means your thoughts, feedback, suggestions, ideas, concepts, mods, feelings and a lot of other things are of importance to me. If not in public feel free to add me on Steam or send a PM on these forums. It's highly recommended that you contact me in case you want to get in touch with other members of the team too, as I facilitate that contact and know who to poke with what.

Here's a picture of me. I am a little embarrassed by how long I had to look before I found one that didn't look completely idiotic.
DVE1xOL.jpg

Now go! Introduce yourselves! I am looking forward to see what interesting people are going to be a part of this community :)

Cheers,
John

I'm RRW, demi-moderator, sometimes beta tester and general Paradox-fanboy.

I really only play games where you move armies around on maps or build cities, so I was thrilled when this was announced. Big fan of Tropico, Grand Ages Rome and some of the Sim City series.

I'm 34, Irish, and my turn-ons include being able to sketch out plans of my city before building it, visible deterioration of buildings and sinkholes.

Sup? As it seems I might be here for a while, at least as long as you guys come to your senses and give us a proper day/night cycle. :D
I guess my taste in nicknames is no better (meaning "Crisis"), but hey, I earned it. Here´s my show-off pic with the love of my life:
6bhVvIp.jpg

Being a mid 30 I pretty much grew up together with video games, from Pac Man on my Atari2600 until this day. I play pretty much any genre, but only City Life and CXL in city building.
Although I play my whole life I am pretty new to modding. I only made 5 buildings from scratch so far, I take pretty long as I am new to 3DS and all that stuff. If you look at them, you might see why I am so eager to get a night view.
http://i.imgur.com/howme5B.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/LI2DozC.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/EutHP95.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/x7YIOCS.jpg?1
As I am from Germany I will do more german styled buildings too in the future.
Paradox games is a name to me but I never really played anything from you guys (sorry!). But I must say the way this starts out gives me a good feeling. Although we have pretty much no details on modding tools, the way you interact here with us is great, not usual for every game company.
My main interests are History, Japan, 3D modelling, I am a cat man and I prefer beer to wine.
You get to know the rest and better get used to my scarcasm, because I just can´t help it sometimes.

Are you serious? Oh man, it is my dream to go there some day. Even more expensive than NYC... Yes, the left half is an actual building from Tokyo, housing some "Pachinko Slot" I guess. Made some good pics?

Hi,

I'm 67 years old (retired) Project Manager, so it's not suprise that I like games where planning and/or stategy is needed. Over 10 years as registered Paragox member and started to play with computers even before (so called) Personal Computers was invented...

Last edited:
Are you serious? Oh man, it is my dream to go there some day. Even more expensive than NYC... Yes, the left half is an actual building from Tokyo, housing some "Pachinko Slot" I guess. Made some good pics?

Yes it's a lovely model, and an even nicer place IRL. We went there our first night after some very strange food eaten in a restaurant found on the second floor in an apartment building. There are so many games and slot machines and Japan that exist nowhere else too, amazing.

Not sure my nickname is any better but it's the Greek form of my real name. Back in the early 90's I though it would be cool to register at Hotmail with that nickname and I basically kept it everywhere I register.

I'm Dutch and have a bachelor's degree in Built Environment and a soft spot for architecture, history and whisky. Raised with computer games like KR153 I started with a C64, skipped early 486 systems and upgraded to a P75 with Windows 3.11. I always favoured strategic, city builder and tycoon like games and occasionally drive a tank over virtual battlegrounds these days.

One of my deerest games of all time is Transport Tycoon and for the open source close (OpenTTD) I initiated a Dutch train set, a road set and Dutch townnames. Currently I'm not actively involved in the community there anymore as I resigned my moderator duties on the forum for a lack of general interest and time. Next to Transport Tycoon the entire Civilization and SimCity branche have been played by me (except Simcity 2014, I refuse :p).

In real life I work at a local construction company where I write quotations. Outside work I enjoy playing badminton, have a good time with friends or read about trains, trams, architecture and history.

I knew it was you, Hyronymus!

I am onodera, I played SC2000, (O)TTD, RCT, CKII, Civ4, DF and loved them all. Civ5 and EUIV have left me cold, I haven't touched SC2013 at all.

In real life I am a team lead in an IT department.

Hi!! I'm João, I'm Portuguese and I live in Lisbon, Portugal's capital city. I'm 22 years old and I'm studying Biology in College (I love animals and nature) but I love History, Arts and other Sciences too.

I love many types of games; EU4, CIM, Totalwar series, Simcity (Only play SC2013 for 4 hours), Cities XL, Tropico, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Rollercoaster Tycoon, The Sims, and Zoo Tycoon series (seriously guys, if you do a miracle with Cities: Skyline; you next can think to remake The Zootycoon series (the last one was a disaster!) you will get the respect of the whole word by to save some of the most important genders of games!!)

Hey. I am Sotrax. I am 22 years old and I have a completed vocational training as an 'transport expert'. Actual I work as an busdriver in the most beautiful capital, Berlin. Public transport is not just my job, it's my vocation.
I played Cities in Motion 2 ad nauseum and actual it's Train Fever that steals every free minute. I really can't wait for Cities: Skyline, and I hope that the transport part will be not just a minor feature.

Hey everyone! I'm Slornie.

My first city builder was probably SimCity 2000, which I believe I bought on holiday in the Netherlands (can't quite remember why - think it was a multi-pack with SimTower, SimSafari and something else). I later moved on to SimCity 4 (really enjoyed the Rush Hour expansion pack) and then backwards to try out the original SimCity (which I got free with an easter egg - go figure!). Was somewhat let down by both Cities XL and SimCity 2013, and never got around to SimCity 3000 or SimCity Societies.

Anyway, I really enjoy strategy/simulation/management games - favourites include the Total War series, Star Wars: Empire at War (been involved in the modding scene there for about 8 years now) and for transport sims Transport Tycoon Deluxe and Cities in Motion/2 (obviously ;)). My far and away favourite game though has to be the old Bullfrog classic Theme Hospital - which is still a joy to play some 17 years on! :)

To finish this up I'll just add that I'm 25, a Brit, and quite a fan of sci-fi/fantasy including Star Wars, Star Trek, Blake's 7, Doctor Who, Thunderbirds and the Marvel cinematic universe. Favourite authors include JK Rowling (Harry Potter duh), Jasper Fforde (Nursery Crime/Thursday Next/Shades of Grey - no, not that Shades of Grey) and Robin Hobb (Farseer series).

I'm Nathan, a 39 yr old firefighter from Australia (from Dutch stock).

I've been into city builders since I played the original SC at high school, where I studied town planning and geography. Also enjoy large scale and war simulations (HOI, EU, Men of War etc) and transport themed simulations. I REALLY didn't like the last Sim City

I was employed as a part time 3d model builder, tester and fixer for a railway simulator franchise for quite a while but I got sick of working on games and not playing them. I still enjoy beta testing. I now create maps for a smartphone navigation app part time. I also enjoy landscape photography and camping with my wife and kids.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I really hope it plugs the hole EA left with their disaster.

I'm Susanna - by training I'm a historian but I don't work, as I'm also a stroke survivor. Gaming has actually been part of my physical therapy; a fun part.

My first video game was Pong.

Favorites over the years have included Centipede, Civilization (2, 4, and 5 - 3 not so much), Caesar III, Railroad Tycoons 2 and 3, Settlers 2, Tropico, Sim City (2013 version is an abomination I'm glad I didn't preorder!), The Sims (1 and 2 are wonderful games; 3 is not quite my cup of tea, and 4 is looking like another EA abomination), EU (2, 3, and 4), CK (1 and 2), Vicky (1 and 2), Alpha Centauri, Baldur's Gate 2, Patrician/Rise of Venice. I have Cities in Motion 2 and am enjoying it. My interests gaming-wise trend fairly heavily towards grand strategy/simulation/city builder, though also I like the occasional RPG or trading game.

I read a lot (the advent of the ereader is great for people with hand mobility issues!), and also knit (more very fun hand therapy). As you might have suspected from my custom rank, I love cats, and am owned by a tuxedo cat named Belinda (currently cowering due to a thuderstorm).

I'm Alejandro, a 25 year old, using his brother's account since he's not an active member of the community. He only has Crusader Kings II to play Game of Thrones mod (And he barely plays it anymore).

I'm mostly a console gamer because what little games get where I live (Venezuela) are only console games, PC games are a rarity since the early 2000's because that's the decade when people started pirating the crap out of everything, hence no use in selling original games when you could make more by selling pirated ones.
On the pc, I mostly play old games but that's because I didn't have the money to buy a new gaming pc (nor could I find the hardware, again I'm from Venezuela) but last year I traveled to New York and got myself a good high-end pc, and a couple of games.

I'm Matthew - 15 (16 on October 6th) a Junior in High School (just started 11th grade today) I have a large interest in History and Science (in advance placement US history and honors chem). I am 50% Indian(Dravidian) 25% African (Jamaican) 12.5% Dutch (which my last name is actually from, my grandpa on dads side who just passed away Monday evening was half Dutch half Jamaican) and 12.5% Chinese - witch is what happens when you live in a immigrant nation such as the US. I want to go into Engineering or possibly a Science major (meteorology/geology ect) in College

I mostly play computer games, my favorites are city builders (Ives played every version of the sim city series) and paradox grand strategies(which you can see under my icon), I also play tycoon and simulation games such as Trainz Simulator 2012 and Tycoon City New York aswell.

Hello peeps,

I'm Tom, an 18 year old journalism student from Australia.

I mostly play simulation games with the occasional LoL game. I first encountered city-builders when I lived in PNG for a time, and when I was 5 years old my mother brought back a copy of Simcity 3000 from Aus. I remember that and SC4 being the only two games I played for more than 5 years.

I moved to Papua New Guinea when I was 6 months old, left when I was 12. The experience resulted in me having a very different outlook on the world in relation to my Aussie peers when I moved to boarding school.

I'm currently studying to become a journalist, since I love (and hate) the media so much. News is really important, and I really enjoy consuming it and finding out what others have to say.

Nice meeting you all.

I'm among the million-ish foreigners living and working in Singapore, one of densest and most diverse cities in the world. I love nature and I also love cities, I believe the two can meet.

A former full-time stage/studio musician, gaming/modding/3D is one of my many passions. I happen to grow up speaking 3 distinct languages. My current joy is writing, both fiction and non-fiction. My film/tv taste is diverse: Nemo, Blade Runner, Battlestar(new), The Killing, Borgen.

I started marking around with my boyfriend's wrapped copy of SimCity2000 when we're living in Australia. Was hooked immediately. SC3000 and SC4 followed suit. I also played/ modded CXL for some time.

When The Sims came along I picked up basic 3D modelling and HTML, created one of the pioneer download sites. It grew popular, 5 figure email subscribers, multiple server upgrades. Later I beta-tested for The Sims Online, modded for Sims2 and Sims3, bored, got more involved with hobby 3D modelling and animation. Most brag-worthy mod deed: my SC4 yacht club was the second most downloaded item of all time on the official SimCity4 Exchange, the money cheat being the first. Other game genres I'm into: various RPG, futuristic racers and tower defense.

My gaming/ modding/ sharing attitude: I'm a typical sandbox/level builder type gamer, my idea of fun: watching the garden that is my world grow and come alive. I create custom game items for myself first - and if I feel like MANY others will enjoy it too, and if the channels of sharing exist, I gladly share of my babies.

IMO Steam Workshop is a nice development, Maxis lost the plot, and the entire SimCity2013 and Everquest Landmark attitude sucks big time, and definitely myopic. Paradigms come and go, sometimes it's the small ships that will thrive in the long haul. Time is a precious commodity, I now pick my creative outlets with care.

I like what I see and hear about CO and its community so far. So will likely hang around more and make some noise.:happy:

Last edited:
Oh what the hell, I'll play along too.

I'm a part-time (hobbyist) photographer from Fairfield, California (in between San Francisco and Sacramento) who just moved to Carmichael (a suburb of Sacramento) about 3 months ago.

I've played a handful of city simulator games, including SimCity 2000, 3000, and SimCity 4. I have not played the original SimCity, though, nor SimCity 2013. I also am a Linux user, so that limits my ability to play some of these games. Although I have tried running SimCity 4 under Wine, I found it to be too unstable to be really workable. It would run fine with small cities, but with larger ones, it would constantly crash. I've heard that SimCity 3000 works ok under Wine, though. Other than simulation games, I also like various first-person shooters. I am a fan of Quake 4 and Doom 3, and the open-source FPS called Xonotic. I'm also a fan of old-school style RPG games, such as Baldur's Gate -- which is why I am also excited about another upcoming game called Pillars of Eternity. It should be released later this year, for Linux as well as Mac and Windows. Being a Linux user, as I mentioned, I really can't wait to see a solid, serious city builder game come to this platform. Also, it appears at long last that Linux is starting (if slowly) to gain some traction as a legitimate gaming platform.

As for modding, I have done a little, but that was years ago, for SimCity 3000. I would like to get into serious modding and lot-making for CSL, though. There are plenty of solid 3D modeling programs I could use with Linux, such as Blender or Wings3D.

I am truly looking forward to seeing CSL released -- I feel it has great potential to challenge the SimCity dominance in the city sim genre. Though I've not played Cities XL, I have watched videos of it and I never found it to be that interesting. The cities just seem rather bland and even sterile in that game. Hopefully this won't be the case with CSL.

Considering how EA/Maxis dropped the ball (what an understatement there) with SimCity 2013, it just shows how much a competitive alternative to their games is needed.