• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really hope they fix these problems:

1. Fix Sino-Japanese war and Chinese Civil War balance.

2. Nerf NAV and buff ship AA.

3. Remove Torpedo for large ships, stop letting BB hitting twice as hard with its deck gun with torpedo.

4. Add stack penulty to sub stack more than 6 units.

5. Less org punishment for sea transport, but add org punishment after amphibious assault.

6. Stop transports magically escape from anything except CV?

7. Fix Barbarosa balance. Make MOT rush Moscow harder, but make Winter easier. With those free units for Russia, it is either win in one year or get owned after winter. It force me get gamey.

8. Minor problem: I lose org when accidentally click paradrop or sea transport, even if I did not move from the province. Hope it is fixable.

9. Let Winter war end after Winter if Russia has too little gain? Just saying.

Last edited:
I really hope they fix these problems:

1. Fix Sino-Japanese war and Chinese Civil War balance.

2. Nerf NAV and buff ship AA.

3. Remove Torpedo for large ships, stop letting BB hitting twice as hard with its deck gun with torpedo.

4. Add stack penulty to sub stack more than 6 units.

5. Less org punishment for sea transport, but add org punishment after amphibious assault.

6. Stop transports magically escape from anything except CV?

7. Fix Barbarosa balance. Make MOT rush Moscow harder, but make Winter easier. With those free units for Russia, it is either win in one year or get owned after winter. It force me get gamey.

8. Minor problem: I lose org when accidentally click paradrop or sea transport, even if I did not move from the province. Hope it is fixable.

9. Let Winter war end after Winter if Russia has too little gain? Just saying.

10. Please review upgrading as it is STILL very slow.

11. AI should guard colonies before the war.

Most of the things I mentioned could be moded. I am just bad at modding. T~T

For the HOI series this seem to be true and makes game design easier). When I remember correctly "War in Russia" had a functionality, where the old tanks where stored somewhere or could used at the western front.

There is a reason why upgrading is easier than producing a brand new divisions. There gotta be trade-offs.

Upgraded units should generate spare equipment, yes. But it would be obsolete equipment with dubious battlefield survivability as time marches on.

Often I prevent my L-ARM and early ARM from upgrading until years later, choosing instead to build new divisions with cutting edge tanks, depending on which country I'm playing as. Germany and Russia especially need numbers over quality, to some extent.

Upgraded units should generate spare equipment, yes. But it would be obsolete equipment with dubious battlefield survivability as time marches on.

Often I prevent my L-ARM and early ARM from upgrading until years later, choosing instead to build new divisions with cutting edge tanks, depending on which country I'm playing as. Germany and Russia especially need numbers over quality, to some extent.

I've been thinking of a mod that does this through redefining divisions and brigades and through attachment/detachment and TC load modifications. I've been sitting on the ideas for a while because as far as I understand how production AI works, it won't be able to handle upgrading divisions in a more realistic way :(

Here is the realistic, and efficient way I upgrade my tanks in the game: I don't. I build new tank divisions and set the old ones to not upgrade. It is so expensive to upgrade for such meager gains, I will just build new divisions. Old armor is still useful, for defending france/italy for example, also historical, and again practical in game, IIRC the older models use less oil which means less TC used right? Not sure on that part. Sure, you can't convert them to tank destroyers or mobile AA or artillery platforms, but it's the closest we can get outside of events. Speaking of which, I bet making an event that can destroy old tank divisions and give you multiple tank destroyers is pretty simple to do, and you can do something like a small temporary IC penalty to represent the cost of conversion and tank destroyers arriving during the event that shuts the IC penalty off.

Here is the realistic, and efficient way I upgrade my tanks in the game: I don't. I build new tank divisions and set the old ones to not upgrade. It is so expensive to upgrade for such meager gains, I will just build new divisions. Old armor is still useful, for defending france/italy for example, also historical, and again practical in game, IIRC the older models use less oil which means less TC used right? Not sure on that part. Sure, you can't convert them to tank destroyers or mobile AA or artillery platforms, but it's the closest we can get outside of events. Speaking of which, I bet making an event that can destroy old tank divisions and give you multiple tank destroyers is pretty simple to do, and you can do something like a small temporary IC penalty to represent the cost of conversion and tank destroyers arriving during the event that shuts the IC penalty off.

In addition reinforcing units upgrades them slowly: 50% of the reinforcements are considered "new" material. So eventually even just suffering losses and reinforcing them will upgrade your units. Or you can upgrade them when reinforcements have brought the upgrade level to something like 90.

I didn't know that. Thanks, Miikhali!
Somebody mad me discover that as well during my AAR.
But to have it working, you need to be sure that the unit's upgrading button has not been turned off (Which can become micro-management sometimes).

Different question: Why do units regain org while retreating? Shouldn't they be disorganized and busy routing? Even full org units lose org while on the move.