• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Baron Birco

Private
13 Badges
Sep 1, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
So I've got myself into a real mess in Ireland. I invited Faelan Ua Braenain to my court to press his claim on Desmond. In order to ensure Desmond becomes part of my Domain I made Faelan Mayor of a city. I won the war and Faelan became Count of Desmond, which fell under my domain.

This where trouble began. Faelan now has the Wrong Government modifier because he is count of Desmond and mayor of a city in another county.This is the major reason he doesn't pay me any taxes. To correct the issue I revoke Faelan's title and he predictably revolts. I swiftly crush the revolt, no sweat, and lock Faelen up for being a traitor.

But here is the kicker!!! Guess who now controls Desmond??? The previous ruler that I defeated a year ago when I pressed the damn claim in the first place! I can't even re-take Desmond because I made peace after I won the war for Desmond. End Result - I'm back where I started before I pressed the claim.

The way I went about pressing the claim in the first place was wrong (i.e. making the claimant a mayor) - but now I'm clueless on how to ensure a pressed claim becomes part of my domain without having a wrong government modifier.

And I'm even more clue less as to how to fix this Wrong Government debacle im in now.

Please educate this noob.

Never make a noble a mayor, it's a position for Lowborn. You can make them a Baron of a castle and press claims for county or duchy.

I accidentally gave a city to a guy because it had the same name as the county, then when I got him a Tribal Chief title he started a Merchant Tribe.

I think if you screw up a vassal too much like that, if you pass them off to some other vassal they might be willing to revoke the titles themselves to clean up the situation.

I've had good luck giving nobles cities and pressing their claims. My experience is that if they get a few counties they'll create a vassal to hold the city for them, at which point they'll go back to being a normal feudal vassal (with a city vassal that you might want back). IIRC, the same thing happens if you revoke the city once they're holding the county. Just don't let them keep the city, and you should be fine (your vassals may be slightly annoyed depending on how you reclaim it, though).