• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
By this logic we should delete the entire game because it's game breaking

f1e525f16f8fbc72dd72de1a743f6188.jpg

Trolling aside, removing the assassinate button (if that's what has been announced, I haven't been keeping up to date) doesn't make any sense to me. An option to simply pay hired killers should be there as well as the option of attempting to befriend people in the target's court to set up manure underneath inns. You can only create one plot at a time, and going around having to recruit your vassals for a plot to kill some unlanded lowborn in your court for instance doesn't make any sense. Sure you could save scum with the assassinate button, but that's what ironman mode is for and the game shouldn't have to accommodate for save scummers anyway.

The thing is that the assassinate button has always been redundant. None of these other systems that people jokingly claim should be axed are. With the massive convenience of assassinations, logically the plot system should have been gotten rid of instead, but since the Devs are biased towards that one it makes sense.

Retinues and Mercenaries are kind of redundant, but nobody has said to axe mercenaries yet. So I will, just to join in.:rofl: While they're at it the developers can bring assassinate down to the old 50 gold cost and let us once again be able to kill every foreign leader that declares war on us until the war goal is invalid or a massive rebellion distracts them.

Still, I'm of the mind, "Don't fix what ain't broke."

Since button isn't broken, don't fix it. Even if it redundant.

Besides, modders can change the function of the button, so loosing an entire button is kinda bad for modding. Perhaps you should only be able to assassinate people with no proper courts. Either way loosing the button = Really bad, loosing function of button = slight annoyance.

Trolling aside, removing the assassinate button (if that's what has been announced, I haven't been keeping up to date) doesn't make any sense to me. An option to simply pay hired killers should be there as well as the option of attempting to befriend people in the target's court to set up manure underneath inns. You can only create one plot at a time, and going around having to recruit your vassals for a plot to kill some unlanded lowborn in your court for instance doesn't make any sense. Sure you could save scum with the assassinate button, but that's what ironman mode is for and the game shouldn't have to accommodate for save scummers anyway.

They said you will be able to have multiple plots at the same time

IMO, until plots are actually usable to do more than "maybe kill that one guy after 5 years", assassination button should stay. But hey, Pdox doesn't ask the players what they want.

IMO, until plots are actually usable to do more than "maybe kill that one guy after 5 years", assassination button should stay. But hey, Pdox doesn't ask the players what they want.
Yes, what pisses me off most about removing assassination button is that it was the only way to get rid of someone in urgency. Plots are really good only if you have time, like killing a king of a foreign state, but when you have an imminent rebellion at your hands, or you need to get rid of a very dangerous pretender, plots just won't do because they are too slow and unreliable.

To me assassination button was always an emergency measure. And like most people I don't care about MP, why not just disable it for MP anyway and let SP keep it.

Yes, what pisses me off most about removing assassination button is that it was the only way to get rid of someone in urgency. Plots are really good only if you have time, like killing a king of a foreign state, but when you have an imminent rebellion at your hands, or you need to get rid of a very dangerous pretender, plots just won't do because they are too slow and unreliable.

To me assassination button was always an emergency measure. And like most people I don't care about MP, why not just disable it for MP anyway and let SP keep it.

You know... You are actually supposed to either fight those rebellions or plan ahead so they don't happen in the first place. They are in game for a purpose.

Look, they've revised the whole plot system and we've seen only a fraction of it up until yet. I'm sure Paradox is aware of the current plot system's problems and that they're trying to compensate for its flaws in the new system.
With that being said, I can understand why the assassinate button's gone. As opposed to the gift button, the assassinate button could be used endlessly until the desired effect occured. Boosting the opinion of a character only works once at a time, though, and cannot be done endlessly (well it ca, but it doesn't have any effects apart from the other character becoming richer and richer). The assassinate button was a cheap cop-out, with the exception of being able to kill your heirs, which isn't currently possible with the plotting system, and I hope Paradox kept in mind that people love being able to kill everyone in-game, even their own children (a viable option, in my opinion).

Why do you guys always want this game to get harder? You know what, let's remove retinues because they're cheap, and let's remove holdings and levies too because using military tactics is too gamey and cheap. Also, let's remove pagan reformations because they're ahistorical, in fact let's just remove religion all together because holy wars and crusades are too OP.

This is brainless.

The gift button can be used once. With varying effect and cost. Its possible when i rise to the throne i call you all into court and lavish you with gifts to show my wealth and power on the first day of coronation.

However upon coming into power on the first day of coronation you couldn't banish amd murder every vassal and then use these funds to annihilate the holy roman empires family all before breakfast.

See the difference? Understand gamey? Lol

In fact, we should remove CK2 altogether -it's clearly OP! And within a couple years from game start usually highly ahistorical, to boot.

Your "solution" doesn't go nearly far enough. Paradox will just code more games. They're the ones that need to be removed.

(ok, I hate myself for posting that, because Zolotaya and others were making good points about unsatisfying game mechanics. Winning vassal loyalty should have more flavour, character and unpredictability than the current gift system. But it seems we are bypassing that valid discussion in favour of cheap jokes. yay.)

There could be some travel time between sending a gift and receiving opinion bonus, especially when gift recipient is faraway. But complete removal would be pretty dumb considering gift sending actually happened a lot, on the contrary of magical teleporting emperor assassins.

This, add more distance modifiers.

I mean, making AI opinions of you higher by giving them cash is clearly OP. Also, choosing who educates your heir is OP as well since you can give them really good stats. Remove that too, I think. Also remove divorce since nobody needs that.

You logic is off.

If you give me a sack of gold you can bet your ass i like you more.

The person you spend the most of your formative years with influences you greatly. That's why kids with racist parents tend to be racist themselves.

Have you ever been married?

Wow. The first person is upset from the removal of the assassination button, which most people found stupid. And now people are actually complaining about the bribe feature? Gifts were VERY common, and new rulers were often openhanded about giving out titles, honors, gifts, etc. to cement their vassal's loyalty.

This is probably way off topic, but I think gifts should give a higher relations bonus to greedy characters and maybe less of a bonus to charitable characters.

And removing the assassination button was the right thing to do. If it is going to ruin the game for you not having it, use the kill and -cash commands in the console, it's the same thing.

It's nothing new, look at how angry the forums got over the removal of the North Korea Mode exploit.

Well, I suppose it is called Crusader Kings...

People were right to be upset with the NK-exploit nerf and they're right to be upset with this.

They're elements of the game and chosen play tactics. Nobody forced anyone else who owned the game to use them exclusively or at all, or to play with someone who is using them. So taking it out in preference for what is still a very weak mechanic in the plotting system (I don't think I've ever killed anyone successfully and undetected despite over 100% achievement) is both annoying and frustrating.

Don't "fix" what isn't broken.