• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We really should ave different groups for pagan religions which have a decreased "different religion" penalty - it'd allow not only for Germanic paganism, but also different faiths for the Uralic peoples.

I agree, and I don't. On the one hand, the Non-norse pagans are ridiculously barebones and are in dire need of fleshing out in terms of the wider scope of the game. But on the other hand, this DLC is focused on Charlemagne and the Saxons were probably his most famous enemies so I see a need to prioritise them in the context of this specific DLC. The fact that the Saxons are Norse is gonna irritate me to no end while playing the game. I think simply renaming the whole religion "Germanic" would probably be helpful. Since Germanic is the umbrella "parent" religion and can be a valid term for the Norse beliefs - but it doesn't really work the other way around.

One option would be to have an umbrella 'Germanic' religion, with various 'heresies'.

I agree, and I don't. On the one hand, the Non-norse pagans are ridiculously barebones and are in dire need of fleshing out in terms of the wider scope of the game. But on the other hand, this DLC is focused on Charlemagne and the Saxons were probably his most famous enemies so I see a need to prioritise them in the context of this specific DLC. The fact that the Saxons are Norse is gonna irritate me to no end while playing the game. I think simply renaming the whole religion "Germanic" would probably be helpful. Since Germanic is the umbrella "parent" religion and can be a valid term for the Norse beliefs - but it doesn't really work the other way around.

They already confirmed that Norse will be renamed to Germanic.

I think the most jarring problem with Germanic as a single religion is the holy sites location - a Saxon would have to conquer Scandinavia to reform the faith, even while playing a German-focused game.

I think the most jarring problem with Germanic as a single religion is the holy sites location - a Saxon would have to conquer Scandinavia to reform the faith, even while playing a German-focused game.

Technically just Denmark/Sjaelland since Braunsweigh and Holland have holy sites and you need three of them. I'm just hoping they change Crusade triggers since normally they launch immediately if non-christian holds Braunshweigh.

Technically just Denmark/Sjaelland since Braunsweigh and Holland have holy sites and you need three of them. I'm just hoping they change Crusade triggers since normally they launch immediately if non-christian holds Braunshweigh.

Braunschweig. Or Brunswick if you prefer English. Please not Braunshweigh that hurts me eyes... ;)

And if they don't change the trigger it will be part of a patch.