• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nkibilko

Banned
51 Badges
Jul 24, 2014
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • War of the Vikings
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
Hello all, just another thought spilling out. This time it's an idea for a new feature to be added (hopefully with charlemagne if lots of people agree :p). I feel as though we need the ability to create another slot for a holding in any province we control... for maybe 2000 gold or something? I think it would open more possibility in the game, and it would allow for normally "poorer" empires (ex. scandinavia) to become mroe equal to the "rich" ones (francia). So many provinces only allow TWO holdings! scandinavia also is lacking a province with 7 slots, as well as brittania. I dont see a balance issue or anything, especially if it would cost around 2k or more to add just the SLOT alone. I mean, this game is about what ifs, right?! Give us another option! thoughts?

edit: id be willing to pay as much as 5000 gold to be able to add a holding slot

my idea is the ability to add ONE holding to any province, as long as it doesnt already have 7. there's no balance issue if everyone is capable of it.

edit: but why not 12 slots for iceland? that island is plenty big to accommodate that many settlements... if the duke of iceland wants to raid and raid and raid and make his duchy into 12 holdings, why not? he's got the land, he's got the money, he's independent.

What about being able to destroy older holdings? Would be nice to be able to burn them down (without random chance) during Viking raids too :p (If you have the strength of course)

12 slots for the Medieval Iceland is impossible because of the climatic conditions, the level of agriculture (rather the lack on whom no areas of the world). No prowicje which have fewer slots because they have heavy conditions to settlement. Iceland is not the delta of the Nile or the Ganges.

For some perspective on Iceland: modern Iceland has a population of ~350,000. That is the same as the city of Cardiff in Wales, which isn't a particularly big city. This is in 2014: the population was even smaller 1000 years ago.

No. How is it balanced in the first place? If one has more then other.

We must be thinking different things when we mean balance.

Persia, for many reasons, should have more holdings in its territory than Scandinavia. If this were not the case, the Scandinavian player would be able to do a lot more than is done now.

We must be thinking different things when we mean balance.

Persia, for many reasons, should have more holdings in its territory than Scandinavia. If this were not the case, the Scandinavian player would be able to do a lot more than is done now.

Explain? Since you can see players conquer the world in like 100 years with Norse...

I think there should be some way to get more holdings, massively expensive or limited to one or two would be fine but having the ability to create and run massive ahistoric empires for hundreds of years and not being able to represent the presumed prosperity that goes along with that doesn't really seem all that reasonable.

AI cannot into cash and multiplayer is usually a whole different thing.

Ahh Multiplayer... I newer play it so don't know how balanced games are in them. Though they could make it that in multiplayer you couldn't have additional holding option..... But again it just shows that games is not balanced in the first place.

I like the idea, and don't see a balance issue. First because everyone can do it. Second because the cost would be restrictive. The AI rarely has over 2k gold (except the pope).

As for realism, maybe it should be limited to a designated empire capital or such. The was nothing special about the land around Constantinople. What made that city special was its access to water, trade routes, and the fact that it was part of a large empire that funneled food into the capital. When Constantinople was at its height, I believe they were actually giving away free bread/grain in the capital that was being imported from Egypt (Egypt was still part of the empire at this time).

Explain? Since you can see players conquer the world in like 100 years with Norse...

The ai player is the standard to go by here. An ai player will not use/abuse mechanics like the banish button to get unlimited funds. How often does the ai Scandinavian player make a world conquest?

On the other hand ai empires based in the the Peria area often blob to be quite large.

There was nothing special about the land around Constantinople. What made that city special was its access to water, trade routes, and ...

The irony of this statement is delicious.

About control of the straits?

Or about the cultural and military infrastructure?

The ai player is the standard to go by here. An ai player will not use/abuse mechanics like the banish button to get unlimited funds. How often does the ai Scandinavian player make a world conquest?

On the other hand ai empires based in the the Peria area often blob to be quite large.

Which again shows that there is no balance. But anyways.... I just don't like the way holdings work in general.