• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sneakyflaps

Lt. General
66 Badges
Sep 16, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
The Lion’s Throne

zd8Xkx5.jpg

Welcome
Welcome to the forum game: The Lion’s Throne. The game will be in the fictional world which I have created with the help of BlackBishop in the map making, the game will primarily be taking place in the Kingdom of Mivean. The game will be focused on the internal and external policies of the Kingdom, and how players react to actions that I as GM will carry out with the surrounding Kingdoms and population of Mivean.

Rules
The rules in this game is rather simple, there are a few here which I expect every player to follow. The first and most important rule is that the GM's word is final and that the GM is always right, given I know that is not always the case. If I have written something which people find to be wrong or not right from what they order, then I will look into it and see if anything needs to be changed or adjusted, everyone can make mistakes, me included. That being said, I will not have players constantly come to me due to being unhappy with an issue, once a player has come to me with an issue I will look into it, whatever I decide at that point will be final.

How to play
When you look at the game then you may wonder how to play it, it is rather simply as it works as any other forum game on here. Once a week at a set deadline you will send orders to me, and then I will write them up in the update together with the results. At times there may be a mini update during the week, which will completely depend on my time as well as if anything interesting is going on.

Orders
Each player will have two orders which they can use on whatever they want, there are only a few rules when it comes to orders, each player will also have two war orders. The first and major one is that they have to be on time, if they are late I might still accept them depending on how late, if they are very late it will damage the outcome of the result which you are trying to achieve.
The second thing that is important is that this is a world which is based on reality and not fantasy, while it might be fictional and so on, it does not mean that supernatural stuff can be ordered. Keep it in the realm of reality of the time period which the game is set in.
If something happens to a player so they need to leave for an extended time, or if something spontaneous happens so that a player is not able to send orders in time, send me a PM if possible or tell another player to pass it on over IRC. If I know ahead of time that there is reason that orders are late or not being sent this week then I will not hold it against you.
If it however is something that happens time and time again then there is the chance that I will remove that player from the game. If a person will be removed will depend on various factors such as how often it occurs as well as if there are players wanting to join the game.
The quality of the order will matter, lets take a war order, if you make it detailed it will give a better result than simply saying, attack point C.
Every order requires character name, dynasty and province in the order. As well as the name of any heir if they are a part of the order.

Combat

Another important aspect of the game, each army will have a center and 2 flanks as well as reinforcement/rear guard unit. When battle then begins I will roll the dices, each commander will then add his personal combat skill/modifier to his flank, and the ones who has the most will win. The reinforcement will also need a commander, if without a commander, then it can happen that reinforcement won’t arrive or not enough to save a flank.

When writing a battle update, I will take into account what there has been ordered, and if people counter each other with orders. That will also have an effect on the final outcome as there will be a chance of an extra dice being thrown to see if something turns from failure to success if the order is right for it.

A correct war order:
“Move 3000 infantry, 100 cavalry, 5 cannons and 1000 archers under the command of Lord David, count of Lower Plait to the east of Lower Plait, take control of the hills and prepare for battle. Once there he will command the center, archers are to set up with the wind in their favor, and will fire upon the enemy, the cannons are to fire when they are in range and stop as we advance. When the enemy is weathered down then advance with the infantry, finally do a cavalry charge”
These things can be done in any order with various results, different orders of ambush or splitting units in preparation for encirclement can also happen. You can also do it more detailed, or less.

A wrong war order:
“Move half my army to the east of Lower Plait under the command of me/my heir, then fight army A” I will make it clear now that I will not accept orders saying move half my army, or orders saying me or my heir. There are too many players, so if you send this, and some fuck happens and less is moved or under the command of a wrong general, it’s your own fault.

Brief History

For the last 39 years the Kingdom of Mivian has been ruler by Henri III. He took the throne at the age of 19 and for the first 5 years of his reign, the realm was ruled by Cardinal Devyn. King Henri turned out to be a rather hot headed young King, but also decisive when he needed to be, but more importantly he saw the use of cannons from early on. With the growing tensions between the Kingdom of Mivian and the Aruthian Emperor to the east, it was only a matter of time before a war broke out.

10 years into the reign of Henri III the war finally broke out when the Emperor declared war with his ally the Queen of Adeiviel, on the Kingdom of Mivian. King Henri ordered his soldiers to assemble to prepare for the war before he sat out against the enemy. He first sent a smaller army up north to hold back the Imperial armies, while he himself together with his larger army marched south to Adeiviel.

His plan worked and his forces where able to slow down the Imperial forces, meanwhile the Adeivirians had not expected the work of the Kings cannons and as such many of the cities fell before they could put up a proper defense against the Mivean forces. The following battles what was truly showed off Henri III military genius, he was able to separate the Imperial and Adeivirian forces long enough to take out the Adeivirians forces in a battle where he routed them.

Following up on his victory he forced the Adeivirians to sign a humiliating peace, then turning his sole attention on the Imperial forces. He marched north and was able to catch them during a blizzard which he took full advantage over, he ordered his cannons to fire on the Imperials before advancing and thus confusing them, as such by the end of the day he had won another major victory and was able to negotiate a peace with the Emperor.

Meanwhile back at home the tensions where rising, during the last 30 years the issue of religion has become a more prevalent one than ever before, as more and more heresies where spreading across the realm. Henri and his ministers tried to contain and stop the spread of heresy but unlike on the battlefield he proved unable to assert his will and as such multiple regions in the realm suffer from religious instability.

The line of succession was another issue that plagued the Kingdom in later years, the King had three sons but only one legitimate whom died soon after birth. As such the only two living sons of the King are bastards. The eldest, Edward, Duke of Cowen, and the younger William, Duke of Pilach.

King Henri passed away 2 months ago, leaving the throne empty, now both of his bastards have taken up swords to claim it, they offer rewards to other lords for joining them as well as positions on the council. But while they are the only contesters so far, many whispers travel the land of other Lords seeking the throne as theirs, believing their claims to be better than the ones of the bastard sons of Kings.

The King, council and Court of Nobles
The King is the first among equals, or so they say, the King is the King and the highest in the Kingdom, his will is the law, if he can enforce it that is. To become a King, one must have a claim on the throne, or at least the laws of succession claims as much, a game that is played by all. But when the realm is left without any proper person with a claim, who will then decide the rights of succession.

The Kings Council:
Chancellor: The chancellor is the second highest position in the Kingdom, given his seal of office personally by the King. They run the day to day business and minor tasks of the Kingdom that the King either doesn’t want to partake in, or is simply too busy to carry out. It is also often the chancellor that acts as regent in the Kings absent, as such the chancellor has a lot of power by extension of the King.

Marshal of the Realm: The marshal of the Realm is the second in the command of the armies of the Kingdom, the marshal will often be the one given command of the second royal army as well as represent the King on the field of battle if the King himself is unable to attend. He is also the only person other than the King and regent that may order the raising of the soldiers.

Cardinal: The Cardinal is answerable only to the Patriarch of Gawia, they are to advice the King as well as maintain good relations with the other Kingdoms in form of faith, make sure that the realm spiritual affairs are maintained. In recent years they responsibilities have also been to combat the new rising of heresies in whatever way they see fit.

Exchequer: the Exchequer is the master of finances in the realm, it is the job of said person to make sure that the finances are kept in check and that the spending of the Kingdom is in order. They are also the one responsible for a full treasury to be able to fund any wars that might arise.

Spymaster: The duty of the Spymaster is to discover plots again his Kings Majesty, or carry out plot against the Kings Majesty, depending on allegiance and goals. It is the duty of the spymaster to know what the enemy does, and to stop it before it becomes public knowledge.

Court of Nobles:
The Court of Nobles is an assembly of all the highborn in the realm, here they gather to make sure that their rights are respected by the King. It has often come to blows between the nobles with different views in the Grand Hall of the court. The same can be said between the Kings and the Nobles, often when the Kings have tried to impose greater authority over the Kingdom, they are often met by heavy opposition in the court.

As such over the course of many centuries and civil wars, the King and nobles have fought and at current the King as such needs to address the Court of Nobles when he desires to raise taxes in the land, or if he requires to raise additional forces during a war.

It is tradition that the King calls for the Court once every six months (every turn).

High Lord: The title of High Lord was created 87 years ago after a civil war, the title was given to a royalist whom supported the King to a great amount. Since then it has become accustomed for the King to appoint a noble he is allied with to the position, giving both additional income and prestige to the noble, and a stronger supporter for the King.

Making your dynasty (signing up)

Now let’s get to the point of making a character, you can play as a count or bishop. Some will be made Dukes which will depend on rolls.

For this we will be using this format
Name: Duke Edward of Cowen
Dynasty: Aimé-Cowen
Heir: Adélaïde Aimé-Cowen (age 3) (If you are a Bishop you will play as the successor, which you can make at that point)
Children: Adélaïde Aimé-Cowen (age 3) (If a bishop, feel free to have a bastard or two)
Orientation: Strategy
Bio: Oldest child of King Henri III, after the death of the King Henri’s only legitimate child, both Edward and his half-brother William was given duchies. Upon the recent death of the King Henri, Edward declared himself the rightful King and has been amassing his soldiers in the Duchy of Cowen.

NOTE! As of now all regions are taken, and as such anyone wishing to sign up may still do so, you will be a person a minor house in the capital until you get promoted by the King. You will also only have 1 order for the time being.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here on the forums or on IRC.

Link: Coldfront
Channel: #Rheagonn
Instructions:
1) Use the link provided above.
2) Choose the Flash app or the Java app.
3) Create a nick name; I would prefer if you use your forum name or nickname.
4) Close the #coldfront channel that opens automatically.
5) In the command box, type “/join #Rheagonn” without the quotation marks.​

Last edited:

Niedervisse - Bakery, sworn vassal to the Duke of Zaan
Zaan province - Broke - Duke of Zaan
Grimlock Isles - Terraferma - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Zaan
Lydes - Pluto - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Temeria
Carillion - Spectre - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Temeria
Temeria - Aedan - Duke of Tameria
Aksarben - Desert - Under the Duke of Ravens Hall
Ravens Hall - Zex - Duke of Ravens Hall
Mellions - Tapscott - under the Duke of Ravens Hall
Artageth - Jeeshadow - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Pilarch
Daggerfall - BlackBishop - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Pilarch
The Marche Mont Blanc - Dadarian - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Hemritch
Caillaux - Maxwell - Sworn vassal of the Duke of Hemritch
Hemritch - Jako - Duke of Hemritch
Tonka- - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Cowen
Upper Plait - Magister - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Cowen
Lower Plait - Rick - Vassal to the Duke of Caldaria
Stillwater - Deagh - Vassal to the Duke of Caldaria
Caldarian - Darksteel - Duke of Caldaria
Lazuli - Alexander - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Edelwick
Amalia - Fingon - Sworn vassal to the Duke of Edelwick
Edelwick - Baboush - Duke of Edelwick

Stats

The Kingdom of Mivian
The Crownlands

c2ndFVI.png

http://i.imgur.com/c2ndFVI.png

The Court and Local Gentry
His Majesty, Edward V, King of Mivian
Name: Edward
Stats:
Marshal: 4/6
Diplomacy: 3/6
Administration: 4/6
Intrigue: 2/6
Fighting: 6/6
Influence: 170
Dynasty: Aimé
Heir: Adélaïde Aimé (age 4)
Children: Adélaïde Aimé-Cowen (age 4)
Bio: Oldest child of King Henri III, and the hated son of his mother, Edward was sent away by Henri at the young age of 9 to learn how to command soldiers. He first returned back to Calne at the age of 16 to study at the university and quickly became a good student, the more he shined the more his mother hated him, having always preferred William over him. It wasn’t before a minor war broke out that the relationship between Henri and Edward repaired itself, Edward being given a command saved his father during battle and as such was rewarded the rich Duchy of Cowen. When his father died, he declared himself the rightful ruler as eldest living son to the King. Edward has a daughter at the age of 3, whose mother died in childbirth during her second labour half a year ago, which also resulted in the birth of a stillborn son.

Sir Patrick Montague, Owner of the Montague family estates
Name: Patrick Montague
Marshal: 3/6
Diplomacy: 2/6
Administration: 3/6
Intrigue: 3/6
Fighting: 4/6
Influence: 25
Dynasty: House Montague
Heir: David Montague
Children: David Montague (Age 9), Mary Montague (Age 3)
Orientation: Diplomacy
Bio: Born to Daniel Montague, Patrick was a very bright child, and he quickly learned the art of diplomacy. His father wanted him to be a great warrior, but Patrick instead used his powerful mind and silver tongue. Although he is a very gregarious and outgoing individual, Patrick is cunning and patient. He prefers to carefully observe his opponents (and allies) before involving himself in conflict. Patrick sees the succession crisis as an opportunity, and he won't let it go to waste.
Income: 500
Treasury: 2000

Heir
Name: David

Dynasty: Montague

Urban population: 757.712
Rural population: 546.635
Taxes: 4352
Production: 4464
Trade: 10026

Total income: 18844

Expenses
Castle defense, 5 castles: 750
City defense, 5 cities: 500
Infrastructure (Excellent, 1/5): 800
Military: 16000

Total expense: 18050
Balance: 794

Treasury: 25794

Mobilization pool: 10932
Mobilized peasants: 0

Infantry: 7000
Cavalry: 500
Cannon: 60
Archers: 2000
Warships: 10

The capital, the political, economic and military center in the Kingdom. Ever since the formation of the Kingdom roughly 850 years ago, it has been the seat of the King and the Court of Nobles, the city of Calne is the capital and has roughly 600.000 people in it, as such it dwarfs any other city in the land by far. Despite its power and prestige, it lacks vital elements, the land is fertile and produces a lot of grain, as well as the mines in the North towards Ravens Hall, however not enough grain by far is being produced in the Crownlands to support the massive needs. As such it relies on the other duchies and counties nearby for support. It is also the center of trade for the nation and as such the income of many people outside the domains border.

Duchy of Cowen
BMWQoEZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/BMWQoEZ.png
County of Cowen
His Grace, Alistair, Duke of Cowen and count of Upper Plait
Name: Alistair
Marshal: 2/6
Diplomacy: 4/6
Administration: 2/6
Intrigue: 4/6
Fighting: 2/6
Influence: 110

Age 20
Dynasty: Sommet
Heir: Lord David, count of Lower Plait
Bio: (Yet to be filled)
Urban population: 150.000
Rural population: 700.000
Taxes: 1256
Production: 3843
Trade: 2414

Total income: 7513

Expenses:
Castle defense, 3 castles: 450
Infrastructure (Good, 1/5): 400
Military: 6300

Total expense: 7650
Balance: -137

Treasury: 15000

Mobilization pool: 14000

Archers:
Infantry: 4000
Cavalry: 300
Cannon: 10
Archers: 600
Warships: 0

The lands of Cowen is rich both in population and production, it is one of the main producers in the Kingdom and as such can also afford to field a large army. It provides food both for the capital and to the duchy south of Cowen, especially the lands of Lower Plait.

County of Upper Plait
His Grace, Alistair, Duke of Cowen and count of Upper Plait
Name: Alistair

Age 20
Heir: Lord David, count of Lower Plait
Bio: (Yet to be filled)

Urban population: 37.500
Rural population: 600.000
Taxes: 597
Production: 3086
Trade: 1329

Total income: 5012

Expenses:
Castle defense, 2 castles: 300
City defense, 1 city: 100
Infrastructure (very good, 1/5): 600
Military: 3800

Total expense: 4800
Balance: 212

Treasury: 9000

Mobilization pool: 12000

Infantry: 2500
Cavalry: 100

The county of Upper Plait like much of the east has great iron mines in the mountains and as such due to their low urban population, mainly has an export. During the last 2 months their exports have picked up, mainly weapons, armor and supplies to the Duke of Cowen for his war.

Barony of Eisenweir
Alaric Reiter, Baron of Eisenweir
Name: Baron Alaric Reiter
Stats:
Diplomacy: 1/6
Fighting: 1/6
Influence: 60

Dynasty: Reiter
Heir: Arnulf Reiter (Age 5)
Children: Arnulf Reiter (Age 5)
Bio: To come soon.
Heir
Name: Arnulf

Dynasty: Reiter

Urban population: 50.000
Rural population: 750.000
Taxes: 763
Production: 3114
Trade: 1696

Total income: 5574

Expenses
Castle defense, 1 castles: 150
City defense, 1 cities: 100
Military: 4550

Total expense: 5400
Balance: 174

Treasury: 10000

Mobilization pool: 15000

Infantry: 3000
Cavalry: 200
Cannon: 5

Known as Cowen often is, as a lush fertile land supplying a large part of the Kingdom with its grain needs. The Duchy of Cowen is known as the breadbasket of the Kingdom, and the name is lived up to the fullest here. Much of the grain produced here is sold to the capital or surrounding counties, it has only one city and one castle to defend it but has the resources that if needs be to build more.

Duchy of Pilarch
ywWzZFi.png

http://i.imgur.com/ywWzZFi.png
County of Pilarch
Lord Luke, Count of Pilarch
Name: Lord Luke Somme-Chevalier
Intrigue: 6/6
Influence: 75
Dynasty: Somme-Chevalier
Wife: Elizabeth
Heir: Peter Somme-Chevalier (son, 17)
Children: Jenifer & Arthur (Twins, both 15), Abigal (14), Timothy (13), and little William (7)
Orientation: Military
Bio:
Income: 500
Treasury: 1500

Heir
Name: Peter
Marshal: 1/6
Administration: 1/6

Urban population: 112.725
Rural population: 601.800
Taxes: 994
Production: 2063
Trade: 2793

Total income: 5850

Expenses:
City defense: 300
Military: 4050

Total expense: 5450
Balance: 400

Treasury: 14246

Mobilization pool: 12036

Archers:

The production in the county of Pilarch is mainly fabric and agriculture, they provide agriculture to the county north of them and fabric to Thimbé. As such those two regions are important for the survival of the county, there are also large forests able for wood gathering but has so far been left untouched.

County of Daggerfall
Lord Summer, Count of Daggerfall
Name: Sumner Starborn of Daggerfall
Stats:
Influence: 80

Dynasty: Starborn
Children: Evelyn (deceased), Anna (deceased), Bartro (deceased) Willim (deceased) Tybolt (42)
Grandchildren: Sarah (23, Married) Sumner (19), Gwenfi (18, Married), Telgi (17, Maiden)
Orientation: Administrative
Bio: "In times when bastards covet the Lion's Crown, whom do we follow? I'll tell you... We follow our words!"
~Sumner Starborn, Count of Daggerfall
"To rule is to be cursed. Lucky I deem my brothers, for casting off their mortal toil and finding freedom in death."
~Tybolt Starborn, High Almoner, Heir to Daggerfall
"Doomed are the men who wait for what is theirs, to praise patience and take up their inheritance with withered hands, and robbed of the vigour of youth."
~Sumner the Younger, Second in Line to the County of Daggerfall
"Let them think me subservient, weak, fit only to mother children. Give me to a lord of Mivean and I will rule his house. Through his house, I shall rule him."
~Telgi Starborn, Maiden of Daggerfall

Heir
Name: Tybolt
Stats:
Fighting: 3/6

Urban population: 75.225
Rural population: 702.100
Taxes: 864
Production: 1576
Trade: 1562

Total income: 4002

Expenses
City defense, 3 cities: 300
Infrastructure (good, 1/5): 400
Military: 2600

Total expense: 3600
Balance: 402

Treasury: 6742

Mobilization pool: 14042

Infantry: 1450
Cannon: 0
Archers: 300
Warships: 2

The county of Daggerfall is guarded by mountains to the north and as such has relied on a strong navy to protect themselves and their trade, it is a people who mainly rely on fishing and trade, their fishing normally being sailed into the bay and sold in the capital. It has 2 castles guarding its shores.

County of Artageth
Lord Peregrine, count of Artageth
Name: Count Peregrine Artageth
Stats:
Administration: 5/6
Intrigue: 1/6
Influence: 80

Dynasty: Artageth
Heir: Averill Artageth (Age 15)
Wife: Louise Artageth (Deceased at age 24) Amber Artageth (23)
Children: Averill (15), Hayley (12), Clover (4)
Orientation: Administration
Bio: The Artageth Family has long ruled over the county. They are widely believed to be one of the oldest families in all of Mivian. The County of Artageth was believed to have once been as rich as the south is today, building weapons and armor for all the Kingdom. The focus on the production of weapons lead to many people gathering in large communities for the easy production and processing of the iron ore. As such, large communities, and later cities, arose in Artageth before they arose in other parts of Mivian. While the cities are certainly smaller in comparison to modern cities, they are still quite impressive, along with the few remaining Castles that protect them. In recent years, some of the Iron Mines have run dry, leading to a large decrease in the incomes received by the county, and the Count.
Count Peregrine Artageth ascended to his station upon the death of his father. Peregrine was only 14 at the time, so for several years, his mother ruled as regent.

Heir
Name: Averill

Urban population: 125.250
Rural population: 451.350
Taxes: 960
Production: 3143
Trade: 2083

Total income: 6186

Expenses
City defense, 4 cities: 400
Infrastructure (good, 3/5): 500
Military: 4250

Total expense: 5450
Balance: 736

Treasury: 6719

Mobilization pool: 9027

Archers: 500

The county of Artageth, long being known for its iron mines and large cities, as such due they are able to field the largest army in the duchy, beside the dukes own. Their trade mainly relies on iron, weaponry and armour.

Duchy of Temeria
ZGvPMS5.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZGvPMS5.png
County of Temeria
His Grace, Michael, Duke of Temeria
Name: Duke Michael Guerrin
Stats:
Marshal: 5/6

Dynasty: Guerrin
Heir: Henry Guerrin (14)
Children: William Guerrin (Deceased) Henry (14), Aveline (16)
Bio: The Guerrin dynasty has ruled Temeria for centuries, using it's vast gold reserves to pay for it's various needs, caused by the remainder of the province lacking anything valuable or strengthening. Attempts over the years to expand infrastructure, castles, and settlements had been undermined by many civil wars between branches of the Guerrin family. The last occurred 20 years ago when Michael defeated his brother for control of the duchy. He was the last of the main branch of the Guerrin family, and endeavored to raise his children differently, so the endless wars that had plagued the family would cease. He also decided to stop having children after his second son, for fear that too many children would assure future strife. So far he has kept his children from realizing the issues of succession, but he knows that the true test of their character would come after his death.

On a more personal level, Michael was a man of great ambition. He had served King Henri III admirably, and even named his second son after him. However he now sensed an opportunity. A shrewd man, Michael was rapidly establishing deals and working to gather support. When the civil war broke out, he would be at the forefront of events. An old saying, long forgotten in the many wars, began to re-emerge. 'A Guerrin always pays his debts'.
Heir
Name: Henry

Urban population: 50.100
Rural population: 401.200
Taxes: 531
Production: 2923
Trade: 773

Total income: 4227

Expenses
Infrastructure (very poor, 1/5): 0
Military: 4575

Total expense: 4825
Balance: -598

Treasury: 11227

Mobilization pool: 8024

Infantry: 3250
Cavalry: 180
Archers: 850
The Duke of Temeria has long hold a sway over the surrounding provinces, despite its small size, having only one city and one castle, it has been able to conquere the surrounding lands due to the goldmine below the castle.
County of Carillion
Louis Orléans, Count of Carillion
Name: Louis Orléans, Count-Bishop of Carillion
Stats:
Influence: 70

Dynasty: Orléans
Heir: Charles Orléans (Brother, 42)
Children: Henri Orléans (Nephew, 18) Catherine Orléans (Niece, 18) Richard Orléans (Nephew, 15)
Biography: Eldest child of Count Philippe Orléans of Carillion Louis joined the ranks of the Church at a young age and quickly rose through the ranks quickly becoming Cardinal to King Henri III at the relatively young age of 45. Sadly for Louis only a few months after the death of his father his benefactor died and civil war broke out in the Kingdom. Rushing back to his new base in Carillion Louis assembled his troops but has decided to wait until the last possible moment before raising the levies and taking them away from their farms.

Heir
Name: Charles
Intrigue: 5/6
Influence: 50

Dynasty: Orléans

Rural population: 802.400
Taxes: 1101
Production: 1741
Trade: 1830

Total income: 4673

Expenses:
Castle defense, 4 castles: 600
Infrastructure (poor, 1/5): 200
Military: 3815

Total expense: 4915
Balance: -242

Treasury: 6080

Mobilization pool: 13048
Mobilized peasants: 3000

Infantry: 1800
Cavalry: 180
Archers: 250
Carillion having been blessed with high mountains, have always had a natural defense towards the sea and as such has no need for a navy, its large population stems from its natural fertile soil, being one of the largest producers of agriculture in the Kingdom.

County of Lydes
Count Richard, Comte of Lydes
Name: Richard, Comte of Lydes
Stats:

Dynasty: Remache
Heir: Léon Remache, Vicomte of Martas (age 26)
Children: Léon Remache (age 26), Marie Remache (age 22), Nicolas Remache (age 22), Anne Remache (age 17)
Bio:
Richard began his life as the son of one of the wealthiest merchant families in Lydes. While not a member of the nobility at the time, he still received the very best schooling as he was groomed to take over the family business when his father passed. He studied at the university in Calne, honing his already business-savvy mind, in addition to taking up fencing, a sport that he grew to love despite his general distaste for fighting. It was also while at university that he met his future wife, though he didn’t know it at the time.

Following his graduation, Richard returned to Lydes and began working under his father to further expand the House of Remache’s control over the city. Their actions culminated in a plot by two rival merchant families to murder Richard, his father, and his uncle. Just after Richard’s 23rd birthday, as the family was exiting mass, they were assaulted in front of a crowd of nearly 12,000 people. Richard’s uncle was killed almost immediately after being stabbed several times by his assailant. Richard and his father were able to fight off the other attackers until Remache guards arrived, but his father soon succumbed to his wounds as well, leaving Richard in charge of the family.

With a sudden swell of support from the populace, Richard was able to use his position and wealth to have the other two families banished, confiscating their property for himself and removing every reference to them within the city. Some mods, enraged by the attempted murder, tried to kill members of the families, but Richard did his best to prevent the unnecessary bloodshed.

Just a year later war arrived in Mivean, and while Richard did not travel to fight himself, he did send Lydes mercenaries as well as several large chests of gold to fund the war effort. While not a particularly impressive commitment to the war effort when compared to some of the nobility it was enough for Richard to convince Henri III to elevate him to Comte de Lydes, under the Duke of Temeria.

After convincing Henri III to elevate him he prepared to leave Calne, but fate interceded as he once again ran into the woman who would become his wife. Rachelle d’Saden was the daughter of the Marquis de Saden, a noble in the king’s court, and with his new title Richard was able to convince the Marquis to allow him to court her. They spent several months together in the court before heading to Lydes where they married.

The next several decades were spent securing trade in the north and slowly expanding building projects throughout the rest of his county, though progress was only beginning to be made when the civil war began. For now, Richard plans to focus on protecting his trade and wait to judge the situation as it develops.

Heir
Name: Léon Remache, Vicomte of Martas
Stats:
Fighting: 5/6

Urban population: 75.150
Taxes: 696
Production: 1524
Trade: 2137

Total income: 4358

Expenses:
City defense, 2 cities: 300
Infrastructure (Excellent, 5/5): 800
Military: 1975

Total expense: 3375
Balance: 983

Treasury: 2742

Infantry: 900
Cavalry: 45
Archers: 200
Warships: 3

The province of Lydes is the poorest in the Duchy of Temeria, despite this they the port city of Lydes itself is the wealthiest, it holds the key to the North trade and as such, a lot of wealth is collected in the city.
Duchy of Edelwick
cmq9OCG.png

http://i.imgur.com/cmq9OCG.png
County of Edelwick
His Grace, Richard, Duke of Edelwick
Name: Lord Richard the Brave of Edelwick
Stats:
Influence: 100

Dynasty: Dunstan
Heir: Edward Dunstan (age 11)
Children: Edward Dunstan
Bio:

Heir
Name: Edward
Dynasty: Dunstant

Urban population: 125.250
Rural population: 601.200
Taxes: 1060
Production: 2691
Trade: 3384

Total income: 7136

Expenses
City defense, 4 cities: 400
Infrastructure (Excellent, 5/5): 800
Military: 5000

Total expense: 6500
Balance: 172

Treasury: 12024

Mobilization pool: 12000

Infantry: 3000

Edelwick, the jewel of the south, or so they like to tell you, it is richly populated, both in rural and urban population. Their lands are most suited for the production of wine which they do in plenty, their name widely known and their wine widely consumed in the Capital of Mivian as well as the Imperial court in the east.

County of Lazuli
Count Claude of Lazuzil
Name: Count Claude
Stats:
Influence: 75
Weight: Very fat
Dynasty: Somme-Chevalier D’ Manche
Heir: Jourdain Somme-Chevalier D’Manche (age 28)
Wife: Nadia D’Namcy (21)(fourth wife)
Children: Jacques(25) Annette (21), Giles (19) Vincent (17), Adélaïde (age 15) Marie (15) (twins) Lucien (11), Lilianne (9)
Orientation: Diplomatic
Bio:

The Somme-Chevalier Family is an ancient family of knights that has been around since the foundation of the royal family as one of its biggest support. FOr that reason a province next to the capital itslef was given to them and they have hold it since then. As time passed however the family lost part of its militaristic emphasis and moved towards diplomacy and administration ending in the current count believed to be the fattest noble on the kingdom.

Count Claude is already in his fourth wive. Married only 2 years ago. no children has been bored yet, but soon should happen as the count is VERY prolific with 8 children under him.

The current heir to the count is unmarried and very different from his father as he has tried to fix the military of the county and train himself as teh knights and warriors of yore. His father however is not interesting in fighting to see who is the king for honor and bravery, as he say money is what matters and nothing is for free, not even bravery and loyalty!! After all you don't get so fat on bravery and pennies.

Heir
Name: Jourdain
Dynasty: Somme-Chevalier D’ Manche
Stats:
Fighting: 5/6

Urban population: 37.575
Rural population: 601.200
Taxes: 599
Production: 3291
Trade: 1932

Total income: 5822

Expenses
City defense: 100
Infrastructure (excellent, 5/5): 800
Military: 3150

Total expense: 3950
Balance: 1872

Treasury: 8084

Mobilization pool: 12024

Infantry: 1500
Archers: 300

Lazuli being the only city in the region, as well as protected by the only castle is the central part of the county, it is there that the count sits with his advisors. Lazuli being very small in urban population but decently sized in rural population, makes most of their money from grain trade as the wine merchants from Edelwick fill up their cargo with grain for the large cities in Edelwick, after returning their trade run to the capital.

County of Amalia
Count Ronar of Amalia
Name: Count Ronar of Amalia
Stats:

Dynasty: D'Amalia-Gotha
Heir: Ronar d'Amalia-Gotha (age 33)
Children: Ronar d'Amalia-Gotha (age 33), Adelaide d'Amalia-Gotha (Age 26), Henri (age 23, bastard son)
Bio: Lord of Amalia since his father's death 30 years ago. Ronar of Amalia is staunch supporter of William, Duke of Pilach for King. More will be revealed in time through IC's and actions.

Heir
Name: Ronar
Stats:

Dynasty: D'Amalia-Gotha

Urban population: 100.200
Taxes: 828
Production: 2034
Trade: 1822

Total income: 4685

Expenses
Military: 3050

Total expense: 4550
Balance: 135

Treasury: 10735

Cannon: 15

The county of Amalia, while having no great reputation like Edelwick, it is a province that Edelwick would be hard to do without, Amalia supplies many of the grapes that is used for the wine in Edelwick and as such also heavily relies on the trade between the two provinces for its financial survival. Due to the location of Amalia, it is often the crossing point of armies of Mivian and Adeiviel, as well as raiding parties crossing over during peace times. As such after the last war, King Henri III ordered a constuction of modern forts to be placed along the river. As such the county has some of the best defenses in the land, with enough men to hold them, and enough cannons to scare off any attacker.

Duchy of Hemritch
N8dlfAW.png

http://i.imgur.com/N8dlfAW.png
County of Hemritch
His Grace, Edwin, Duke of Hemritch
Name: Duke Edwin Van Maylfwick
Stats:

Dynasty: Maylfwick
Spouse: Duchess Juliana Maylfwick-Dielkburg
Heir: Harrison-Peters Maylfwick(age 19)
Children: Alysanne Maylfwick (age 17) Harrison-Peters Maylfwick(19)
Bio: Edwin as a man after his father's own heart, growing to a strong young boy and marrying at the age of sixteen to a daughter of a vassal. His father when he was a mere twenty, a full-grown man and a champion of the people already, he heart-fully accepted his new post at the loss of his dear father. He favored offensive tactics. While his reign may have been fruitful, he was not so much of the most tactful lords. He treated his vassals kindly despite this, and did whatever he could do fix whatever mistakes he had made. He loves archery, and hunting, commonly holding hunts and feast from his latest capture. He supported his king fully in the war against the Empire, and even proved to be quite the tactful commander, making the king trust him and his loyalty. When the king passed, he was regretfully saddened.

Alysanne was his pride, she had recently grown into a woman herself, although he stills sees her as his little girl much to her displeasure. She enjoys walking the castle grounds, and reading books of all kinds, although she does not admit it. Still quite young in court-politics, the older ladies find her cute, despite her occasional mumbles. She is although an natural charmer, winning even the most stone-cold of hearts over with her smile. She is a kind-hearted, quick young girl who has much to learn, and is all the eager to learn it.
Harrison is the knight of the castle, and with his father's passing age, is quickly becoming more and more popular among the populace. He is quite skilled with sword, bow, and especially spear. A bull-headed man, who keeps to his morals to the end. He fully supports Edward, Duke of Cowen's claim on the crown, admiring the elder bastard greatly. He wishes to prove to his father his worth, and as any young man, show that he is capable of ruling a realm whenever it is required of him, through warfare and conquest.
Heir
Name: Harrison-Peters
Stats:

Taxes: 828
Production: 1132
Trade: 1691

Total income: 3651

Expenses
Infrastructure (very poor, 1/5): 0
Military: 2250

Total expense: 3150
Balance: 501

Treasury: 3100

Mobilization pool: 9000

Infantry: 1000

Living mainly on agriculture, the people of Hemritch have been left poor, the trade within the region is low and barely there despite the larger urban population. The scars from the war a decade ago still shows with a lower rural population than average, it is seen by the lack of infrastructure when traveling the lands. Despite this there are great castles to be found, holding one of the only three passes across the mountains into the rich Northern city states, the pass was heavily fortified on the orders of Henri III after the last war when the Imperials attacked through the pass, the Duke was also given cannons by the King to help fortify against any further attack.

County of The Marche Mont Blanc
Lord Louis III Gardnier de la Mont Blanc, Count of Fleurs and Marquess of the White Mountain
Name: Lord Louis III Gardnier de la Mont Blanc, Count of Fleurs and Marquess of the White Mountain
Stats:

Dynasty: de la Mont Blanc
Children: Louis (23), Henri (21), Basile (16), Léopold (11), Alphonse (5), Louise (2)
Bio: Born of the old and aristocratic de Mont Blanc family, Louis rules with an iron fist. Forgotten on the coast and given extraordinary powers as a Marquess, Louis is essentially the main source of authority in all of Marche Mont Blanc. With the death of King Henri III and the beginning of the succession war, Louis retains his small amount of troops in reserve, giving no hint of who he supports.
Heir
Name: Louis
Stats:

Dynasty: de la Mont Blanc

Urban population: 137.775
Rural population: 601.800
Taxes: 1126
Production: 1519
Trade: 3079

Total income: 5724

Expenses
Military: 3300

Total expense: 5200
Balance: 524

Treasury: 12036

Mobilization pool: 12036

The Marche Mont Blanc is known in the region for its agriculture, as well as its wealthy seas with plenty of fish in them. As such food has a low price in the region, and the richer people within the vast cities in the county have been well fed and populous due to that reason. Its economy mainly relies on grain and fish, but in the mountains to the east there are a few mines which helps the trade greatly in the region.

Bishopric of Caillaux
Gabriel-Hercule Marius Dieudonné Guizot, Bishop of Caillaux
Name: Inquisitor-General Gabriel-Hercule Marius Dieudonné Guizot, Bishop of Caillaux
Diplomacy: 6/6
Influence: 90

Dynasty: Guizot
Heir: Inquisitor Odilon Arago
Children: None
Bio: Born to Marius and Anne Guizot, wealthy nobles in Caillaux, the young Gabriel-Hercule was expected to inherit the family estate. However, at the age of sixteen, he renounced his right to inherit and joined the Holy Church, giving his life in service to God, Church and the Patriarch. For the next three years he was to study within the Church, excelling in study on the Church's history and various courses on religious purity. Following the completion of these studies he was ordained as a priest and assigned to a small parish, preaching the word of God. Noted for his zealousness by a visiting Bishop he was moved from the parish to secretly attend further studies dealing with heresies, strategy and military techniques. Graduating from these at the age of twenty five he was placed within the Church's Inquisition, monitoring a few towns and villages for heresies. It was with this that his notoriety in the Kingdom and fame in the Church started when he came across a town with nearly one hundred non-believers. Responding to this he gathered a contingent of Inquisitors and troops, leading them to the town whereupon he had all the non-believers gathered in the center and asked to renounce their false faith and beg for forgiveness for the sins. The sixty or so who did so were quickly burnt alive and their remains scattered, the remaining non-believers who had refused were impaled and placed on the outskirts on the town as a warning to all who would think to forsake God. Although brutal, the methods proved effective and not a single heretic was reported from the town in the next few years. He quickly began to rise up the ranks of the Inquisition, receiving oversight over more and more villages and towns. By the age of 43 he had also been promoted to Inquisitor-General and had overseen extensive efforts against heretics throughout the Kingdom. It was around this time that the Bishop of Caillaux, Armand de Leuy, was to catch his attention when word reached that the Bishop was preaching against the Church's doctrine and denouncing the actions of the Inquisition. Arriving there he would demand the Bishop cease his actions, but when he refused and demanded that the Inquisitor-General leave he was only met with a stern shaking of the head before he was beheaded. With the Bishopric of Caillaux now vacant Gabriel-Hercule wrote to the Patriarch and the King, asking that he named to fill the vacancy so as to do his duty to root out heresy. It is thus that for the last decade that Gabriel-Hercule has been combating heresy in the province, destroying it however possible.

Heir
Name: Odilon
Stats:

Age: 36 (Can be changed if Max wishes it, depending on what to, stats might be affected.
Dynasty: Arago

Taxes: 795
Production: 3035
Trade: 2148

Total income: 5978

Expenses:
Castle defense, 1 castle: 150
Infrastructure (excellent, 5/5): 800

Total expense: 5545
Balance: 1433

Treasury: 6461

Mobilization pool: 6524
Mobilized peasants: 1500

Infantry: 1500 (500 mercs)
Cannon: 12
Archers: 400

The bishopric of Caillaux is a regional stronghold for religion, some harsher terms have even called them fanatics. There is only one castle but with ten cannons defending it, making it a mighty fortress, due to local terrain there was never a big need for local defenses. But when the current bishop came to power, it changed when he tore down the remaining ones, keeping only his own. The iron mines in the mountains have proved extremely useful for the economy, there is a lack of agricultural products and as such they rely heavily on their neighbor to the North of resources.

Duchy of The Shield
ECPOWSF.png

http://i.imgur.com/ECPOWSF.png
County of Zaan
His Grace, Loudamere, Duke of the Shield, Count of Zaan and the Grimlock Isles
Name: Count Loudamere Rowney
Stats:

Dynasty: Rowney
Heir: Aurelius Rowney (Age 9)
Children: Aurelius Rowney (Age 9), Stephen Rowney (Age 4)
Bio: The only son of a modest merchant family, Loudamere Rowney inherited the fortunes of his father’s work and improved upon it expanding the influence of the burgeoning dynasty. Moving beyond the largest of the two islands eventually securing total control of what are now known as the Grimlock Isles. It had been three years since the expansion and establishment of his dominion, thus far his administrative skills have brought better than expected wealth to the islands and its people, however, his eyes look East in anticipation to what the mainland will bring.

Heir
Name: Aurelius

Urban population: 34.575
Rural population: 631.950
Taxes: 603
Production: 2607
Trade: 1659

Total income: 4869

Expenses:
Military: 3550

Total expense: 4850
Balance: 19

Treasury: 7208

Mobilization pool: 12639

Infantry: 500
Cavalry: 50
Warships: 8

Strong castles keep the island safe from any raid that has been launched within recent decades. With plenty of cannons aimed outwards to the sea, firing at any pirates coming close, and a might amount of warships to protect the trade. Zaan is one of the only island provinces that are able to produce wine, while not as well-known as wine from Edelwick, it is still the most sold wine in the western part of the Kingdom.

County of Niedervisse
Count Valentin Lauret of Niedervisse
Name: Count Valentin Lauret
Stats:
Diplomacy: 5/6

Dynasty: Lauret
Heir: Geoffroy Lauret
Children: Geoffroy Lauret (21 years old), Marianne Lauret (18 years old), Mathieu Louret (15 years old), Rachelle Louret (11 years old), Renaud Louret(8 years old)
Bio: The Laurets have always occupied the main island (Harlingen) in the island grouping of both Harlingen and the smaller island of Schleibing known as Niedervisse. The Laurets have been known for being loyal to the King as well as defending the realm from outside threats, though the main Lauret trait is being skillful traders resulting in many of the Counts of Niedervisse to be skillful administrators.

Heir:
Name: Geoffroy Lauret
Stats:

Urban population: 125.000
Rural population: 500.000
Taxes: 991
Production: 1786
Trade: 1929

Total income: 4706

Expenses:
Infrastructure (good, 1/5): 400
Military: 3250

Total expense: 4450
Balance: 256

Treasury: 6500

Mobilization pool: 10000

Warships: 4

The county of Niedervisse is the islands North of Zaan, they are known for their quality sheep which wool is made of, they supply plenty of wool to the nearby cities. As such their trade is valuable, the wealth the early sheep farmers gathered allowed the area to prosper, with the fish coming in from Zaan they have been able to sustain a large urban population, compared to Zaan.

County of the Grimlock Isles
His Grace, Loudamere, Duke of the Shield, Count of Zaan and the Grimlock Isles
Name: Count Loudamere Rowney
Stats:

Heir: Aurelius Rowney (Age 9)
Children: Aurelius Rowney (Age 9), Stephen Rowney (Age 4)
Bio: The only son of a modest merchant family, Loudamere Rowney inherited the fortunes of his father’s work and improved upon it expanding the influence of the burgeoning dynasty. Moving beyond the largest of the two islands eventually securing total control of what are now known as the Grimlock Isles. It had been three years since the expansion and establishment of his dominion, thus far his administrative skills have brought better than expected wealth to the islands and its people, however, his eyes look East in anticipation to what the mainland will bring.

Heir
Name: Aurelius

Urban population: 87.675
Rural population: 651.300
Taxes: 896
Production: 3457
Trade: 2730

Total income: 7083

Expenses:
City defense, 2 cities: 200
Infrastructure (excellent, 1/5): 800
Military: 5300

Total expense: 7100
Balance: -17

Treasury: 12266

Mobilization pool: 13026

Warships: 6 + 1 next turn

The Grimlock Isles, having 2 rich cities with trade and production. Its rich mountains in the northern part of the islands have made the Dukes rich over the years, they supply the rest of the islands and the capital with large amount of minerals and especially iron.

Duchy of Ravens Hall
AomiDiW.png

http://i.imgur.com/AomiDiW.png
County of Ravens Hall
His Grace, Magnas, Duke of Ravens Hall
Name: Duke Magnas Blackgate of Ravens Hall
Stats:

Dynasty: Blackgate
Heir: Magneel Blackgate (age:14)
Children: Magnolius Blackgate (deceased) and Magnolia Blackgate (Deseased) Magneel Blackgate (age: 14)
Bio: Might add

Heir
Name: Magneel

Urban population: 150.300
Rural population: 501.500
Taxes: 1125
Production: 1848
Trade: 2219

Total income: 5193

Expenses:
Military: 5250

Total expense: 6300
Balance: -1107

Treasury: 5473

Mobilization pool: 10030

Infantry: 3000 (+400 next turn)
Archers: 1000 (+200 next turn)

The county of Ravens Hall, named after the only castle in the region, is the seat of house Blackgate, their county is known for the fabric which they produce and sell to the capital.

Bishopric of Mellions
Bishop Hector Roux of Mellions
Name: Bishop Hector Roux of Mellions
Stats:
Influence: 90

Dynasty: Roux

Heir: Brother Gaspard Vauclain

Bio: Born into a minor noble family, Hector Roux was earmarked for a career in the Church at a young age, due to his being the fourth, and youngest, of four children, all of whom were sons. Hector has pursued a long-time policy of peace and humble piousness which has earnt him the respect of his spiritually focused colleagues, and the scorn of his peers whose eyes are set firmly on the material world. With the advent of the Civil War, Hector pleads for the Church to remain above the squabbles for the Crown, and has made no secret of his intent to declare a stance of armed neutrality.

Heir
Name: Gaspard
Stats:
Influence: 30

Dynasty: Vauclain

Urban population: 37.575
Rural population: 351.752
Taxes: 432
Production: 1493
Trade: 1309

Total income: 3234

Expenses:
Castle defense, (extra city defense): 300
City defense, 1 cities: 100
Military: 1800

Total expense: 3000
Balance: 234

Treasury: 14334

Mobilization pool: 7035

The bishopric of Mellions is thoughout the realm for five things, their beer which is enjoyed all over the land. The low population out in the fields, having one of the lowest in the kingdom despite the large area they cover. Being the only region in the Kingdom without a castle. The extra strong walls of Thimbé, as well as the cathedral of Thimbé, the second largest in the Kingdom, only outdone by the cathedral in the capital. Last but not least the hold they have been able to have in the religious affairs of the South-Western part of the Kingdom and the islands, as such the Bishop has throughout history held great local power, both being able to incite and disband revolts.

County of Aksarben
Lord George Aksarben
Name: George
Stats:

Dynasty: Daniels
Children/Heir: Jackson (age: 2)
Bio: Yet to be made
Heir
Name: Jackson

Dynasty: Daniels

Rural population: 501.500
Taxes: 928
Production: 2364
Trade: 2039

Total income: 5330

Expenses
City defense, 2 cities: 300
Infrastructure (very poor, 1/5): 180

Total expense: 4880
Balance: 450

Treasury: 7014

Mobilization pool: 10030

The county is known for its lush fields and fertile lands, it produces mainly agriculture and supplies the surrounding lands with grain, the beer makers of Mellions is very reliant on the grain for their beer. The county has 4 castles as well as cannons able to defend it.

Duchy of Calderia
c2ndFVI.png

http://i.imgur.com/c2ndFVI.png
County of Calderian
His Grace, Mathias, Duke of Calderia
Name: Mathias Steelbeard
Stats:

Spouse: None
Dynasty: Steelbeard
Orientation: Admin

Bio: Mathias is the only surviving son of the Steelbeard clan. His brothers lost on an expedition to distant seas.
Unlike his brothers, Mathias has always felt an affinity for numbers and the way of the quill. While his brothers would practise their skill at arms he would spend his time learning with wisened old scholars.

Mathias hopes to focus on furthering the Calderian economy to show the glory of his house and shun the old ways of military glory.
Heir
Name: Edmund
Stats:

Dynasty: Steelbeard

Taxes: 1059
Production: 2098
Trade: 2519

Total income: 5676

Expenses:
Military: 3300

Total expense: 4800
Balance: 876

Treasury: 8789

Mobilization pool: 8024

Infantry: 2000

Due to the county bordering the enemies of the realm, the people have moved towards a large urban population with the rural population being left behind in favor of strong walls and defenses, over the fields of the county. What is left is a low rural population which produces food but not enough for the county to sustain itself, often relying on Cowen and Lazuli for grain.

County of Stillwater
Lord Crimthann of Stillwater
Name: Crimthann Deagh, Lord of Stillwater
Stats:
Intrigue: 5/6

House : Deagh
Heir: Gilla-ruaid, (uncle)
Sigil: The Dire Turtle
Motto: Still Waters Can't Be Stopped

Brief history: The people of the Stillwater Fen are a peculiarity. They claim to be descendants of the First Folk, and maintain many odd customs. People from other parts of the kingdom often view them as a mix of ignorant heathens and dangerous witches. Their strength is their marshy home, which deters attackers and provides them their livelihood.

Heir
Name: Gilla-ruaid
Stats:
Influence: 30

Age: 46 (Can be changed if Deagh wishes it, depending on what to, stats might be affected.
Dynasty: Deagh

Urban population: 50.000
Rural population: 700.000
Taxes: 730
Production: 2214
Trade: 921

Total income: 3866

Expenses:
Infrastructure (poor, 1/5): 200
Military: 2800

Total expense: 3700
Balance: 166

Treasury: 5500

Mobilization pool: 14000

Infantry: 2000
Cannon:
Warships:

With the swampy nature of the fields, the main population has been unable to gather enough fertile land to settle large cities. Due to the swamps, many attackers have had a difficult time to move through the province. As such to improve upon the already great fortifications, multiple castles have been built around the region.

County of Lower Plait
Lord David, Count of Lower Plait
Name: Davíd
Stats:

Dynasty: House Sommet
Heir: Corentin
Children: Corentin; 11 Years old, Danielle; 10 Years old twins with, Deniel; 10 Years old.
Bio: (Will be added when its posted)

Heir
Name: Corentin

Rural population: 802.400
Taxes: 1326
Production: 5960
Trade: 2119

Total income: 9405

Expenses
Infrastructure (poor, 3/5): 350
Military: 8250

Total expense: 9400
Balance: 5

Treasury: 16048

Mobilization pool: 16048

Infantry: 4500
Cavalry: 400
Cannon: 25
Archers: 1000

The province is known not only in the Kingdom of Mivian but also in neighboring Kingdoms for the large and rich goldmines, the largest sitting under the castle of the local lord. 25 years ago during the Great War, they supported King Henri with a large portion of his army, as well as paying for large supplies, as such the king rewarded them with ample cannons to defend their great castle in the mountains. As such with the many cannons the family owns, a large amount at the castle of Coalton on top of the goldmine, it is considered one of the greatest fortifications in the realm. The local lords due to the goldmine having amassed a lot of wealth, and so has the province. But due to the large population, it has a vital need for nearby provinces to supply it with food, as such the province of Cowen is consider vital for the continuation of population in the region.

Unit maintenance

1 Infantry = 1 gold
1 Cavalry = 5 gold
1 Cannon = 50 gold
1 Archer = 0.5 gold
1 Warship = 250 gold
1 Warship can carry for 250 gold worth of units.

Last edited:
A Throne which they covet

King Henri III lay dead at the age of 58, his last moments spent whispering his last words to Cardinal Visran. The Cardinal rushed the Court of Nobles, having summoned to nobles in the capital as well as those out in the country to announce the new king. When the cardinal mounted the steps to the Court, a figure in the public rushed at him with a hidden knife, striking the Cardinal in the throat before the assassin was killed by a guard.

Duke Edward and Duke William both rushed back to their private estates and called their banners, both believing themselves the rightful King sent a message out to the other lords, accusing one another of being behind the assassination. They also demanded the support of the vassals of the realm for the war, and acknowledgement of their right to the throne.

To the North the Patriarch of Gawia is outraged, he demands the culprits to be brought before him, or else the whole realm could face excommunication, banning them from the church and heaven.

In Calne the mayor and nobles are undecided, they fear to pick a side and more than anything else they worry about the grain supply from Cowen should they go against him.

The gentry looks towards the lords of the realm to see which side they will support before acting, many worry that more contesters will show up. Others pray for it, being at odds with both Cowen and Pilarch. As such many fear for the future of the realm, and their lives, both temporal and spiritual should the civil war continue.

Updates:
Year 1461, February to June
Year 1461, July to December

Mini:
The death of a Baron

Lore:
The history of the Aruthian Empire
The History of the Church of Ilihothos: 0 - 1460

Last edited:
Richard, Comte of Lydes Info
Count_zpsa2db39ae.png
Name: Richard, Comte of Lydes
Heir: Léon Remache, Vicomte of Martas (age 25)
Children: Léon Remache (age 25), Marie Remache (age 21), Nicolas Remache (age 21), Anne Remache (age 16)
Bio:
Richard began his life as the son of one of the wealthiest merchant families in Lydes. While not a member of the nobility at the time, he still received the very best schooling as he was groomed to take over the family business when his father passed. He studied at the university in Calne, honing his already business-savvy mind, in addition to taking up fencing, a sport that he grew to love despite his general distaste for fighting. It was also while at university that he met his future wife, though he didn’t know it at the time.

Following his graduation, Richard returned to Lydes and began working under his father to further expand the House of Remache’s control over the city. Their actions culminated in a plot by two rival merchant families to murder Richard, his father, and his uncle. Just after Richard’s 23rd birthday, as the family was exiting mass, they were assaulted in front of a crowd of nearly 12,000 people. Richard’s uncle was killed almost immediately after being stabbed several times by his assailant. Richard and his father were able to fight off the other attackers until Remache guards arrived, but his father soon succumbed to his wounds as well, leaving Richard in charge of the family.

With a sudden swell of support from the populace, Richard was able to use his position and wealth to have the other two families banished, confiscating their property for himself and removing every reference to them within the city. Some mods, enraged by the attempted murder, tried to kill members of the families, but Richard did his best to prevent the unnecessary bloodshed.

Just a year later war arrived in Mivean, and while Richard did not travel to fight himself, he did send Lydes mercenaries as well as several large chests of gold to fund the war effort. While not a particularly impressive commitment to the war effort when compared to some of the nobility it was enough for Richard to convince Henri III to elevate him to Comte de Lydes, under the Duke of Temeria.

After convincing Henri III to elevate him he prepared to leave Calne, but fate interceded as he once again ran into the woman who would become his wife. Rachelle d’Saden was the daughter of the Marquis de Saden, a noble in the king’s court, and with his new title Richard was able to convince the Marquis to allow him to court her. They spent several months together in the court before heading to Lydes where they married.

The next several decades were spent securing trade in the north and slowly expanding building projects throughout the rest of his county, though progress was only beginning to be made when the civil war began. For now, Richard plans to focus on protecting his trade and wait to judge the situation as it develops.
Remache Children Bios
The Children of House Remache​

boromirwhitemountains_zps2607ef4f.jpg

Léon Remache, Vicomte of Martas

Léon was made Vicomte de Martas at the time of his birth, a courtesy title held by the heir to the county of Lydes. His childhood was not quite as luxurious as one might expect of the son of a wealthy merchant family turned nobility. He lived in the family’s estate and had his needs taken care of, but his father insisted that he earn his own spending money, hoping to instill a good work ethic in the boy as he was to inherit both the family business and the country. It paid off as after returning from university, Léon ended up amassing a small fortune in his own right, enough to buy a few ships and start his own shipping company which he currently runs in friendly competition with his father. The comtesse has been known to blame her husband for Léon’s stoic and determined personality

message_zps347a1f7c.jpg

Marie Remache

Marie was the second of the family’s children, born just six minutes before her twin brother Nicolas. Her childhood was full of activities that were deemed acceptable for the daughter of wealthy patrician and comte. These activities included playing the harp, ballroom dancing, and falconry (the only thing she actually enjoyed). As she grew older she chaffed under the idea of being a ‘proper’ lady, taking up fencing and even doing some bookkeeping for the banking side of the business. Some rumors even surfaced about massive parties that would be held at the estate when comte Richard was away After a great deal of begging, her mother and father agreed to send her to university with her brother, where she took to studying medicine and rhetoric.

prince_zps8ae5ffc0.png
Nicolas Remache, Baron of Nemour​

Nicolas was born just minutes after his sister Marie in the family estate. He was made baron of Nemour, a courtesy title named for the important castle town in the mountains leading to the Bishopric of Carillion. Unlike his older brother, Nicolas received very little direction from his father, almost to the point of neglect, something which suited him just fine. When he was young he would spend a great deal of time with the musicians and artists that his father patronized. He learned to play the lute, act, and even mock fight from a troupe under the family’s patronage. On his fifteenth birthday he used his families interest to join the city guard, out of boredom more than anything else, were he learned to fight as well as developing a strong sense of justice. He had plans to start his own mercenary company, but his father insisted that he attend university as his brother did. While Nicolas wasn’t happy with the choice at first he made the most of it, doing well in his classes and making connections with other members of the nobility.

1978912_10153994361700284_4749807562290508615_n_zps60b8e482.jpg
Anne Remache​

Anne was Rachelle and Richard’s last child, and after the somewhat wild nature of the twins, they spent a great deal of time doting on her. She was everything that one would expect from a noblewoman, generous, patient, and well-mannered. She sang, played several instruments, danced, and rode horses. While her father has spoken of sending her to university like her siblings when she turns 18, she would be happy to be married by that time.
County of Lydes
e58e4bfe-b7db-4591-a37d-f937341b2855_zps973525e9.png
Lydes is made up largely of plains, with a small range of mountains along the border with Temeria. The region’s northern coast is made of granite cliffs to the west of Lydes, limestone cliffs to the east, and long stretches of beach in the center. The economy of the region is built almost entirely on the massive amounts of trade that enter through the capital city of Lydes from the Duchy of Hemritch, the Duchy of Cowen, and the Trivian city states. In addition to being a trade hub, other economically important activities in the region include dairy produce, horse breeding, seafood, and even some mining in the mountainous regions.

The county is ruled by the Remache family, who received their title only 30 years ago. Prior to being elevated to a county, Lydes and the surrounding countryside were considered a free city, subject only to the king. During that time the Remache family, as well as several other merchant and banking families, dominated local politics with their wealth. This reached the point that François Remache, Richard’s father, had a private balcony built on the top floor of the town hall to signal his family’s power.

Since the formation of the county and the Remache family’s official entrance into the nobility, Comte Richard has made every effort to begin developing the region’s economy. While he has met with some mixed success with that, another major concern is the variety of heresies that have taken hold in the region. Richard did very little to counter this, not wanting to risk trade with foreign nations, leading some to accuse him of being a heretic himself, though none had any proof to support their claims.

Fantasy_Palace_Wallpaper_6c6zm_zps98a1ad77.jpg

The city of Lydes is the largest in the county with 55,000 permanent residents, in addition to the thousands that arrive in the city to trade. One of the city’s major attractions is the recently built Cathédrale Saint-François. Just outside the city, on the highest hill, sits the Remache mansion, the seat of their power, headquarters for their shipping and banking businesses, and home to many lavish parties.

carcassonne-medieval-city.jpg

Martas a smaller city than Lydes at only 20,000 inhabitants, but it serves the vital purpose of controlling the countryside. Its central location in the county allows it to respond to problems in the nearby hamlets and towns with relative ease. The city itself has a relatively successful textile industry, providing cloth which is traded out of Lydes. The heir to the county of Lydes holds the courtesy title of Viscomte of Martas, but does not necessarily take part in governing the city.

mountain_castle_by_luayne-d4zdgey.jpg

The castle of Termes was built in the days of the Lydes free city as a way to defend the border with Termeria. Its position in the mountain pass was selected due to its natural ability to provide a serve as a chokepoint against an invading army. The soldiers stationed at the castle are often dispatched to collect taxes and to defend the countryside.

Edinburgh-Castle-Scotland_02_zps36eefb0a.jpg

The castle of Nemour was built in response to the construction of Sainte-Pasarin by the county of Carillion on their shared border. The town that has formed at the base of the castle’s walls has grown steadily, keeping it in supply throughout the year. While the castle has never had to actually fulfill its purpose of defending the border, the comte makes sure that it is constantly stationed with soldiers. The second son of the comte holds the title of Baron of Nemour, a courtesy title that rarely involves even visiting the castle.

David Sommet of Lower Plait Info

Earl_of_Peterborough_coa.png

Name: Davíd
Dynasty: House Sommet
Heir: Corentin
Children: Corentin; 10 Years old, Danielle; 9 Years old twins with, Deniel; 9 Years old.
Bio:

The_Duke_by_arventur.jpg

Davíd Sommet was born into wealth by his father, Daniel Sommet, and mother, Anna Balestina-Sommet. His father had strongly supported King Henri in his wars, sending support through supplies or men, anything to aid the King in his conquest. Following these event the province of Lower Plait became increasingly well known, especially as King Henri had granted them a lot of cannons after the war as a ''thank you'', this makes the armies of Lower Plait one of the more fearful ones, especially as they have had years of experience in the use of them.

After Davíd's parents passed away however the Lordship of Lower Plait fell into his hands, at age 17, this meant he needed some quick schooling on important matters, luckily Davíd was ambitious enough to quickly rise up in his abilities to rule his province. Over the 12 years under his rule he has increased the mining productions in the Shiny Mountains even more so than before, extracting every kind of ore. This meant a lot of gold for the Sommet treasury, which a lot of it is also spent on the province, as these kind of productions need lots of mouths to feed, food that has to come from other regions.

Davíd has also decided to change the seat of House Sommet from the city of Ironside to Coalton, to overlook the production of possibly the biggest mine the realm has ever seen, this caused the previously small town of Coalton to grow immensely, at least in size, with fortifications being built around the town, keeping this place safe for the production, and his family.

The Province of Lower Plait

Cr7xdfA.png

The provinces of Lower and Upper Plait used to be one, held by men of the Sommet dynasty for hundreds of years, this however changed after King Henri became infirm, incapable of ruling his own realm, leaving one of his men in court to divide the power of the Sommet's into two, leading to slight loss of power for the family, but the Sommet's still own the Plait. The man who had done this was Cardinal Devyn, who held a grudge against the Sommet's for quite a period in his life.

The Plait had always been one of the more richer areas in the Kingdom, with it's main wealth coming from the mining operations in the Shiny mountains, however most of these mining operations had taken place in the area that is currently the Lower Plait, leading to great production loss to the holder of the Upper Plait, though few mines are still found there.

The Lower Plait's capital is Ironside however, with a population of 20.000 it isn't the biggest city, but this is where the seat of House Sommet used to be, since it has moved to the city of Coalton. Coalton, in this day and age is a heavily fortified mining village, with David having moved the seat of his house here it meant him financing the local building, leading to one of the most difficult cities to siege (except from the fact supplies can only reach Coalton through one entrance, leaving it vulnerable to starvation). Coalton has grown in size since the Lord moved here, though not in population, with it's mere 5.000 inhabitants. On the opposite side of the mountain range lies the village of Lapis, named after the colour of the river in high summer times, it is a bustling trade city, trading mostly with either Ironside or the neighbouring Kingdom, it has 20.000 inhabitants, cramped up in a little piece of land. The most inhabited city would be Queen's Town however, called so by the local people for hundreds of years as it was one of the cities the Queen back then had visited most, the name before that had been forgotten in time. The city is, just like Lapis, a bustling trade city but it is also where a lot of the resources from the mines is stored, it has 65.000 inhabitants, making it the biggest and busy city in Lower Plait. The last city is actually mostly an old keep, the keep of King's Pass, however since it has 40.000 inhabitants the city has grown beyond it's walls, being close to the capital makes it well traveled and there are quite a few Inn's, brothels and similar buildings.

There are also a lot of smaller villages and farms of little note in the area, however most of the Lower Plait's population is still rural, leaving about 800.000 people in those areas.

That leaves only the Green Keep and Fort Obsidian, the Fort upon the Mountains which most of the soldiers are trained at, they are trained to use the cannons, one of the Lower Plait's biggest advantages, after they are trained here either they get promoted to a sergeant, leading to them training others in Fort Obsidian, or they are put into the fortifications of the Green Keep, Ironside or Coalton, those who are not that great are mostly moved to the King's Pass, as guards, overlooked by certain sergeants, though still this has lead to quite a bit of corruption in the city.

(For Stats:
Ironside: 20.000
Queen's Town: 65.000
Coalton: 5.000
King's Pass: 40.000
Lapis: 20.000)

Lord Patrick Montague

66kDyGD9qlo79JM9CzE9PQ.jpg
Name: Patrick Montague
Dynasty: House Montague
Heir: David Montague
Children: David Montague (Age 8), Mary Montague (Age 2)
Bio: Born to Daniel Montague, Patrick was a very bright child, and he quickly learned the art of diplomacy. His father wanted him to be a great warrior, but Patrick instead used his powerful mind and silver tongue. Although he is a very gregarious and outgoing individual, Patrick is cunning and patient. He prefers to carefully observe his opponents (and allies) before involving himself in conflict. Patrick sees the succession crisis as an opportunity, and he won't let it go to waste.

House Blackgate stats and info
57ae9dbc-9714-40b9-8d5a-f1138a229e9b.jpg

Name: Duke Magnas Blackgate of Ravens Hall
Heir: Magnolius Blackgate (age:16)
Children:
royalty_by_whisperingsoul-d3b5s3e.jpg

Magnolius Blackgate (age:16) and Magnolia Blackgate (Age: 16) Twins
young_prince_by_Zoo_chan.jpg

Magneel Blackgate (age: 13)​

Location and bio

AomiDiW.png

Bio:

During the Adeivirian war House Blackgate was loyal to King Henri III, Mag Blackgate was one of the generals of the Kings army that rode the banner high and proud after every clash with the Adeivirans, Mag didn't fight as much though he wasn't totally useless when given a sword, he merely planned strategies that helped the Kings army during several battles. House Blackgate knew only two things to teach children as they grew into generals or politicians for the Kingdom, those two things were to learn how to fight and learn how to use your wit. Without them a man would find death quickly on the battlefield, and what better place to learn these things was on the field of battle itself. Magnas was taught by his father how to plan ahead and think like the enemy, a while being on the field of battle but that was a different time. Magnas taught his sons Magnas and Magfarafen the art of war while fighting the Adeivirans, Magnas was taught how to initiate battles and when to retreat when a battle is lost, Magfarafen was taught how to use a sword, Mag even had Magfarafen kill a prisoner of war, telling him that there is no mercy in war and to have it would bring death quicker to ones self.

After the war was won with the use of cannons, Mag went back home to his home at Ravens Hall he was a Lord at the time and didn't seek any higher status for about thirty years and died, his son Magnas his heir took over and reigned peaceful in Raven Hall. That was until the previous Duke Jonathan Minsk of House Minsk, had Magnas's wife Julia killed as her family recently lay claimed to the ducal title of the entire province. Magnas filled with rage spoke with his fellow lords that he had allied through personal interest, and even his own brother who was Lord north of the entire province. They initiated a coup to kill and replace Jonathan Minsk, the was lasted a year and Jonathan Minsk fell and House Minsk fell with him, Magnas had him killed and had his heir ,and the rest of the Minsk family banished to the East. As most of the Minsk family did not agree with the Jonathan's motives, though Magnas broke House Blackgates first rule of war for the first time, "Do not show mercy to the enemy." The lords and Magnas's brother Magfarafen Blackgate all agreed to let Magnas become duke, as he was the only one fit to lead the province into prosperity.

Though it wasn't that easy to become a duke, they would have to have permission from the King himself. Magnas was called to the capital to speak of what has happened to lead to Duke Jonathan's execution, it took several days to explain and to bring proof of Magnas's claim that Jonathan was a tyrant. After a fourth week of staying at the capital Magnas was called into the throne room for the last time, the king pulled out his sword and Magnas was shocked and thought he was to be killed. Though as the blade reached his head, the sword gently tapped both of his shoulders and he was told to rise from the ground, as he rose the King told him that his claims were proven true and that the Jonathan Minsk was a horrible man who committed many crimes that should of been noticed sooner and that Magnas was right in his duty to depose of him, and King Henri gave the title Duke of Ravens Hall to Magnas. Magnas was overjoyed and bowed before his King, then after a banquet was held in his honor and after another week Magnas went home to rest.

Two months later the King died and now there is civil unrest in the Kingdom as the Kings sons started to bicker for the claim to the throne, as did the rest of the so to be loyal vassals of House Aimé-Cowen. Magnas did not care for the throne openly, but there have been rumors that the old ruler of the newly named province of Ravens Hall that he has been plotting for the control of the realm. But they are only rumor and nothing more for now.

(Re posted on here)

Guerrin and the Blackgate
As the Kingdom is being torn apart, like other lords Magnas Blackgate decided it was high time seek alliances to keep his own realm from falling apart as well. So Magnas sent a raven with a message to House Guerrin of Temeria, the message wrote that if House Blackgate could marry off Magnolia Blackgate to the eldest son of House Guerrin.

Artageth
tsvVtIr_zpsd926fd36.png

Dark Red: Capital
Red: Cities
Black: Castles

Name: Count Peregrine Artageth
Heir: Averill Artageth (Age 14)
Wife: Louise Artageth (Deceased at age 24) Amber Artageth (22)
Children: Averill (14), Hayley (11), Clover (3)
Bio: The Artageth Family has long ruled over the county. They are widely believed to be one of the oldest families in all of Mivian. The County of Artageth was believed to have once been as rich as the south is today, building weapons and armor for all the Kingdom. The focus on the production of weapons lead to many people gathering in large communities for the easy production and processing of the iron ore. As such, large communities, and later cities, arose in Artageth before they arose in other parts of Mivian. While the cities are certainly smaller in comparison to modern cities, they are still quite impressive, along with the few remaining Castles that protect them. In recent years, some of the Iron Mines have run dry, leading to a large decrease in the incomes received by the county, and the Count.
Count Peregrine Artageth ascended to his station upon the death of his father. Peregrine was only 14 at the time, so for several years, his mother ruled as regent. (Will Finish Later)

Cities
Capital is Artagethia, population of about 190,000. To the east lies Rorakshire, with a population of around 100,000. Directly north of Artagethia is the port of Hunterborough with a population of 110,000. South East of that lies Chucksford

The dark beginning

It was a cold February afternoon as there was a knock on the door to my private chambers, the day seemed colder than any other so far, even when it had been late winter.
''Please make your way in.'' I said
Without looking away from the letter I was writing at first I wanted to ask what the matter was, until this servant abruptly started talking, he sounded exhausted and as I looked up I saw a worried look upon his face, as well as drips of sweat covering his face, even in this cold.
''Two letters have arrived, one from Cowen, one from Pilarch.''
His face seemed to express that he knew what had happened, something terrible, even more terrible than the death of our King, if such a thing would exist, though I knew that those letter could have only been from Henri's bastards.

I opened the letter from Cowen first. His wax seal had the lion sigil of his father imprinted.
''To all the lords and ladies of the realm,

A terrible fate has befallen Cardinal Visran during the summon of the Court of Nobles. Our Cardinal has been found dead under suspicous reasons, assassinated in front of the public, just before announcing my father's heir. Only a man afraid of losing power could have done this, my younger brother, William. I call to all honorable lords and ladies to accept me as the rightful heir to the throne, being the eldest of King Henri III's sons.

Signed,

His Grace Edward Aimé, Duke of Cowen and rightful heir to the Kingdom Mivian.''

Even though I was quite sure what was to follow in William's letter, I had to know what he had written anyways. Like his brother Edward, he also had imprinted the lion sigil into the wax.

''To the lords and ladies of the realm,

Our beloved Cardinal Visran had been found dead by the hands of my disliked brother Edward, an assassination just before the announcement of my father's will. This could only have been the work of my brother Edward, as his inheritance was in danger, thusly desposing of the Cardinal. As the beloved child to my father King Henri III and my lady mother, I call upon the lords and ladies of the realm to stand behind me, support me as a King, unlike the unloved Edward.

Signed,

His Grace William Aimé, Duke of Pilarch and rightful heir to the Kingdom of Mivian''

I let my hands run through my hair, I could not believe it, one disaster after the other, first my wife Anna had died of illness, next the King and now just before everything could've been settled, the Cardinal. The servant was still standing there, it seemed as if he wanted to say something.

''Go ahead, tell me what else could be going on.''

He showed me one last letter, a wax seal sigil I hadn't seen in a long time, one I hoped not to see in a long time. It was the Patriarch of Gawia's letter.

''To the lords and ladies of the Kingdom of Mivian,

It has saddened me to hear of the assassination of Cardinal Visran, a man of god and by the words of god I demand to call the culprits to face the judgement of God. If gods call is ignored you take the risk of excommunication, banned from the heaven and the holy churches.
Signed,

His Holiness, the Patriarch of Gawia.''

Death, rebellions and the threat of the church, a dawn of a dark age seemed to approach, at least in my mind. I send the servant off with a nod, he seemed to be shivering. I decided action would have to be of importance, the sooner this civil war would end, the better.

I started writing a letter to my brother Alistair, discarding all my previous work, this was of greater importance...

il_340x270.458910132_ayfm.jpg

CENtER]

Name: Count Valentin Lauret
Heir: Geoffroy Lauret
Children: Geoffroy Lauret (20 years old), Marianne Lauret (17 years old), Mathieu Louret (14 years old), Rachelle Louret (10 years old), Renaud Louret(7 years old)
Bio: The Laurets have always occupied the main island (Harlingen) in the island grouping of both Harlingen and the smaller island of Schleibing known as Niedervisse. The Laurets have been known for being loyal to the King as well as defending the realm from outside threats, though the main Lauret trait is being skillful traders resulting in many of the Counts of Niedervisse to be skillful administrators.

(Just confirming it)​

House Guerrin of Temeria

Name: Duke Michael Guerrin
Heir: William Guerrin (17)
Children: Henry (13), Aveline (15)
Bio: The Guerrin dynasty has ruled Temeria for centuries, using it's vast gold reserves to pay for it's various needs, caused by the remainder of the province lacking anything valuable or strengthening. Attempts over the years to expand infrastructure, castles, and settlements had been undermined by many civil wars between branches of the Guerrin family. The last occurred 20 years ago when Michael defeated his brother for control of the duchy. He was the last of the main branch of the Guerrin family, and endeavored to raise his children differently, so the endless wars that had plagued the family would cease. He also decided to stop having children after his second son, for fear that too many children would assure future strife. So far he has kept his children from realizing the issues of succession, but he knows that the true test of their character would come after his death.

On a more personal level, Michael was a man of great ambition. He had served King Henri III admirably, and even named his second son after him. However he now sensed an opportunity. A shrewd man, Michael was rapidly establishing deals and working to gather support. When the civil war broke out, he would be at the forefront of events. An old saying, long forgotten in the many wars, began to re-emerge. 'A Guerrin always pays his debts'.

W1asp1D.jpg

Sanctity Always Overcomes

The Maylfwick line

Name: Duke Edwin Van Maylfwick
Spouse: Duchess Juliana Maylfwick-Dielkburg
Heir: Margrave(of the Nothern March) Harrison-Peters Van Maylfwick(age 18)
Children: Alysanne Maylfwick (age 16) Harrison-Peters Maylfwick(18)
Bio: Edwin as a man after his father's own heart, growing to a strong young boy and marrying at the age of sixteen to a daughter of a vassal. His father when he was a mere twenty, a full-grown man and a champion of the people already, he heart-fully accepted his new post at the lost of his dear father. He favored offensive tactics. While his reign may have been fruitful, he was not so much of the most tactful lords. He treated his vassals kindly despite this, and did whatever he could do fix whatever mistakes he had made. He loves archery, and hunting, commonly holding hunts and feast from his latest capture. He supported his king fully in the war against the Empire, and even proved to be quite the tactful commander, making the king trust him and his loyalty. When the king passed, he was regretfully saddened.

ciWL3o5.jpg

Alysanne was his pride, she had recently grown into a woman herself, although he stills sees her as his little girl much to her displeasure. She enjoys walking the castle grounds, and reading books of all kinds, although she does not admit it. Still quite young in court-politics, the older ladies find her cute, despite her occasional mumbles. She is although an natural charmer, winning even the most stone-cold of hearts over with her smile. She is a kind-hearted, quick young girl who has much to learn, and is all the eager to learn it.

1TqmbQW.png

Harrison is the knight of the castle, and with his father's passing age, is quickly becoming more and more popular among the populace. He is quite skilled with sword, bow, and especially spear. A bull-headed man, who keeps to his morals to the end. He fully supports Edward, Duke of Cowen's claim on the crown, admiring the elder bastard greatly. He wishes to prove to his father his worth, and as any young man, show that he is capable of ruling a realm whenever it is required of him, through warfare and conquest.

NnvwNFf.jpg

The Province of Hemritch

UfKfDSH.jpg

Hyliton is the largest city in Hemritch, and the only site truly in this day and age. It is known for its Grand Cathedral, and its beautiful bay, which the entire city surrounds. It is quite worthy of a city, boasting a large population of Fifty-Five Thousand residents, however, the trade to and from the city is still remarkably poor. The clergy that control the city(the mayor in recent years dozing off and becoming mearly a front for the church to exploit him) fear the bishop-general of the north, and constantly berate his highness to strip him of his bishopric. Their other concerns are the large amounts of heathens reported to roam the countryside, but true numbers have never been estimated. A ripe city for potential, but one that is poorly missed.

KqAZTyl.jpg

Burgden guards one of the northern passes further into the dukedom, and is the smallest castle in the county. Burgden wasn't always the main castle in the western region, however, the other ones that used to lay about the northern border have almost all fallen into decay. Yes, the castles of Hemritch used to be known through the world, but now they are but a desolate reminder of past defeats. Burgden is a powerful castle, and stands guard incase the people of Hyliton need it. They do constant ranges in the mountains to the north, and report more and more heathens flooding into from the north, fearful of the bishopric's might.

dbU16sD.jpg

Rollyford, an truly unremarkable city, it is the waypoint of the north. Anyone who wishes to go north, whether to the richer counties to the north, or even the richer city-states to the east, pass through Rollyford. The embodiment of the poor, one could see hundreds of homeless mulling around the city, the rural population trying desperately to find work, though none to be found in this desolate place. The Duke's knights constantly travel through the city to personally deal with problems arising between the classes, the mayor himself to scared to walk out of his keep. The city is walled, although, it serves not much purpose anymore as the city continues to grow, shacks and roads forming outside as the city boast a number of more then Twenty-Five thousands residents.

k7bf8mZ.jpg

Alnwickson, the lone castle, it stands watch in the south, the only castle to do so. It is situated against a natural strategic mountain, and is built into it's landscape. The largest castle the county boast, it is home to two of the duke's cannons, and many soldiers filter throughout the castle. It, while a strong castle, does not however have the strength the do out-reaches like the other castles, thus not much is known of the southern countryside.. by the duke... The southern fields are the richest, thus most of the rural population is situated around this area, going all the way north to even Rollyford. Alnwickson was particularly useful during the war, it was a base for the King to keep his soldiers and launch attacks against Adeivirian forces, and the castle walls still boast all of the banners taken from the castles and cities from the region.

OX5tFby.jpg

Malckson, an city where you can find all manner sort of a thing to do. A new city with only Twenty Thousand residents, created from the refugees of the war, it has no scars from it, however it does not exactly have any exciting buildings either. Churches and monasteries dot the landscape, however even more pubs and underground gambling clubs are found around. Where young knights will seek out quest for glory, or simple farm boys try to earn an extra coin, it is a city of a.. different sort of opportunity, where anyone could sell anything. So close to the capital, heresy is not particularly popular, coupled with the fact it serves as an base of operations for a local Holy Order. It is the county's main supporter of weapons, most of the blacksmiths moving eastwards to try and peddle some trade from travelers.

wyxF4um.jpg

Ercasin serves as the guardian of the northern pass, one of the only three passes into the rich city-states, once upon a time, the duchy of Hemritch was not apart of the kingdom(not very long ago). This castle serves as one of the only reminders of that, its architecture and creation different from the others. When trade with the city-states was vibrant, the castle was heavily guarded and was a show of the Duchy's force and power. But when the Duchy was annexed, the city-states turned their backs on them, and let them fall. Ever since, no trade has ever flown between the two, and none shall likely will. The roads across the castle stand silent. The guards posted in the castles are called watchers, for that's all they do, having never seen any real action for at least a decade. Still, Duke Edwin still keeps four cannons in the castle, incase an invasion is ever found luring around the corner.

Wgjbm9h.jpg

Maylfwick Ridge, the oldest building in the duchy, built by the first Maylfwick there ever was. Having been re-visioned, and rebuilt a number of times, no one quite knows what the original looked like, but there have been many guesses made across the tapestries that decorate the walls. It holds a small town around its well defended walls, it holds four cannons as well with a variety of ways to defend the castle from any attack. It is the pride of the dynasty, and many branches are found in the town, or inside the castle herself. The small family of the main-branch live in the inner-towers, and enjoy their lives to the fullest. Edwin, an all around average Duke, nothing compared to the great founders of the Maylfwick line, tries his best to keep his realm under control, however with looming heresy and the dark possibility of his death, he thinks that his last service to the realm should be to install a great king, to bring it under another(hopeful) era of peace.

Last edited:
Sir Luke Somme-Chevalier
ZF5K8lk.jpg

Name: Sir Luke the Rose Knight
Wife: Elizabeth Havenford (35)
Heir: Peter Somme-Chevalier (son, 16)
Children: Jennifer & Arthur (Twins, 14), Abigal (13), Timothy (12), William (6)
Location:Estates outside Seaside, on the Border of Crownlands and Lazuli
Bio:
Luke was born in Lazuli to the count's sister. He was a notoriously untrustworthy youth, often stealing from other members of his family simply to test his skill. Eventually most in the town learned his tricks, so fewer and fewer people fell for his pranks. During his teenage years, Luke grew contempous of his low place within the family and would often quarrel with his cousin Claude, the heir to the county.

Luke saw his chance to gain fame and glory when war broke out with the Empire. He used his cleverness to secure the command of a few hundred men, and was ready to prove his worth on the battlefield. There was only one problem- he had no idea how to fight or lead men. Needless to say, his forces were decimated during his first skirmish. Luckily, Luke managed to escape with his horse, but was trapped behind enemy lines. He knew that his meager force and poor leadership would not be enough to turn the tide of the battle, so he instead ordered his men to target the supply lines of the enemy. After capturing a few meager assortments of heavy arms and armor, Luke's forces got lucky, finding a large shipment of coins intended to be used as ransom for a captured noble. Luke relieved the men of their coins and fled back towards the Mivean forces.

Most of the coins were presented as gift to King Henri III, to help fund the war effort. In an act of gracious kindness the king granted the now-Lord Luke estates outside of the capitol. The rest of the coins were used after the war ended in deals with merchants and politicians within the capitol, to establish the self styled "Sir" Luke Somme-Chevalier as a known figure within the city. After refurbishing his estates, Luke married a young noblewoman within the castle who was rumored to be the bastard daughter of the king and had six healthy children.

Luke cut all ties with his cousin after gaining his estates, but as he aged and his temper cooled, the two acquired something close to reconciliation.

Last edited:
(Re posted on here)

Guerrin and the Blackgate
As the Kingdom is being torn apart, like other lords Magnas Blackgate decided it was high time seek alliances to keep his own realm from falling apart as well. So Magnas sent a raven with a message to House Guerrin of Temeria, the message wrote that if House Blackgate could marry off Magnolia Blackgate to the eldest son of House Guerrin.

House Guerrin

I would be deeply honoured to marry a son to the beautiful and fair Magnolia of House Blackgate. My second son, Henry Guerrin would be quite pleased to wed so fine a maiden. I apologize that my eldest son is not available for marriage at this time.

~Duke Michael Guerrin of Temeria

Duke Edwin of Hemritch​

The Duchy of Hemritch displays its support behind Duke Edward of Cowen! He is obviously the rightful king, and in the Duchy of Hemritch, we follow the laws of the land. Long live the King, and may the kingdom be re-united under King Edward!

Edwin sighed as he wrote the letter, war would be coming.. And he knew his duchy was in a troubled state, no matter.. He had to serve his kingdom, and he could not support anyone else but Edward... Harrison liked the man anyways, whenever he allowed him in court they would battle and joust.. He was always the best knight in the kingdom. Yes, this would be good for the kingdom.. He then sighed again and went to the task of writing a different letter of different proportions.

YCBD5Nm.jpg

Dear Richard, Comte of Lydes

I write to you this day under an important issue, an request, if you must. My son Harrison-Peters remains unmarried, and for a man of eighteen years this must be attuned. We are both of respectable families, I have known you for quite some time Richard, so this day I ask that you allow your sweet daughter Marie to marry Harrison. I will allow you some time to think on the proposal, and you are fully within your rights to decline, but if you accept I will not only ask for a meager dowry, for the trade you have given my humble Duchy, but you will also have my eternal gratitude.

Your Friend,
Duke Edwin of Hemritch

Last edited:
The Starborn Appendix

The Starborns of Daggerfall
300px-Escudo_de_Armas_de_Eslovenia.png

Honour, Duty, Strength

Name: Sumner Starborn of Daggerfall
Children: Evelyn (deceased), Anna (deceased), Bartro (deceased) Willim (deceased) Tybolt (41)
Grandchildren: Sarah (22, Married) Sumner (18), Gwenfi (17, Married), Telgi (16, Maiden)
Bio:

The Starborn's Daggerfall
F1J0agL.png

"If they be lions then what are we? We are the unending sea, mountains unmoveable, and the stars above all. What then do we have to fear from a mere lion?!"
~Sumner the Younger, Second-in-line to the County of Daggerfall
[/CENTER]

Daggerfall is mainly a rocky land, taking its name for the tip of the Pilarch peninsula that cuts into Trader's Bay like a knife, separating the bay from the western sea. The dagger mountains form a natural border to the north. Surrounded by waters on all sides, the Daggerfall economy is built upon the bountiful sea, exploiting the fishing and sea lanes for trade. Farmlands and pastures are sparse inland, with mining villages in the northern territory being the main means to support the populace.

The county is ruled by the Starborn dynasty, a family that has ruled for near three hundred years from their seat in the castle city of Swordstone, claim a lineage from the heretic warlords of old. Today, the Starborns are known for their devotion to Christ and loyalty to the crown, mainly through the patronage of Sumner Starborn, the reigning Count, who despite being passed up for the Dutchy to the bastard son of King Henri, has remained loyal.

Daggerfall has been a hotbed of heretic activity since living memory. Haggar, father of Count Sumner, fought a lifelong war against the heretics of the Dagger Mountains, but it was Sumner who ended the heresies, using scouts, sappers and agents to target heretical leaders rather then fight conventionally as his father struggled to do.

Despite Sumner's success in the early years of his reign, it is whispered that the heresy persists, and God-fearing men have taken to avoiding the mountains, especially Heathen's Rock, an old ruin where it is said heathens gather to worship the devil, conduct orgies and perform ritual sacrifices.

med_gallery_1_9_52502.jpg

Heathen's Rock

walder_frey_ffg_6359.png

"In times when bastards covet the Lion's Crown, whom do we follow? I'll tell you... We follow our words!"
~Sumner Starborn, Count of Daggerfall
Sumner Starborn is the eldest and last surviving son of Count Haggar, a man of some renown in his failed attempts at quelling the heresies within Daggerfall. Unlike his father, Sumner was able to defeat the Heretic leaders of the Dagger mountains and bring Christianity to the forefront of the Daggerfall people. He is known for his pious and loyal rule and was a staunch supporter and friend of the late King Henri III. Sumner is married to Ulessa of Buntry, the sister of his vassal, Baron Wesly.
Sumner is known for being a particularly dour and cheerless man, especially since small pox swept through Daggerfall and took the lives of four of his five children. As he reaches the age of seventy and one, doubt gnaws at Sumner as his youngest son Tybolt prepares to take leadership of the county. Sumner fears the inaptness of his son may lead Daggerfall to ruin. As the succession crises looms, however, new threats emerge to send Daggerfall to ruin, most notably the honour bound fealty of Duke William, a man many think least likely to win and with little support to gain the crown.
It is Sumner's hope that William abdicates from his claim to the thrown and instead swears to his older brother Edward, or the other claimant, Duke Micheal Guerrin of Temeria, as their claims are of greater legitimacy, however Sumner has made it clear he is honour-bound to follow William, whatever he decides. In the meantime, Sumner has dispatched agents to the Crownlands to uncover the identity of Cardinal Visran's murderes.
Sumner the Old remained loyal to William throughout the succession crisis. However, William abandoned his supporters and fled from Pilarch. No longer bound to the deserter, Sumner struck his banners and swore fealty to Edward of Cowen. The new King passed mercy upon Sumner and even lauded him for his loyalty. Sumner retains his old lands and title.
5a2fc0b5b17c553d96fdbfd6b8dd06f1.jpg

"To rule is to be cursed. Lucky I deem my brothers, for casting off their mortal toil and finding freedom in death."
~Tybolt Starborn, High Almoner, Heir to Daggerfall
Tybolt is the last surviving son of Sumner the Old and heir to the county of Daggerfall. As a child, Tybolt always fell to the wayside when it came to his father's attentions. Sumner was preoccupied with grooming his elder brothers for command and as a result, Tybolt was largely neglected and as a result, he has grown up to be a man constantly seeking the affections of his father. As Tybolt came of age, over twenty years ago, a small pox epidemic swept through Daggerfall and his two sisters and two brothers all passed in one dark summer. Suddenly there was enormous pressure put on Tybolt's shoulders as he was named the heir to Daggerfall.
Tybolt was wed to Susanne of Cliffhall, a family of great repute in the Crownlands and masters of a sprawling estate within King's Crossing. He has three daughters, Sarah, Gwenfi and Telgi, and one son, Sumner the younger.
Tybolt has been known to voice his apprehensions at the prospect of ruling county. Despite the self-doubt that he holds, Tybolt is known to be a kind and reasonable man, though indecisive and easily swayed.
Tybolt commanded troops during the succession crisis, though reluctantly. He was appointed the general of Daggerfall's forces and led the march to Pilarch to aid their liege, William Aime. He was advised by Baron Wesly Buntry and Marshal Wyce Hawthorn. Tybolt makes no secret of his relief that the conflict came to a close before a battle was fought.

nobleman_stock_i_by_phelandavion-d5sto8e.jpg

"Doomed are the men who wait for what is theirs, to praise patience and take up their inheritance with withered hands, and robbed of the vigour of youth."
~Sumner the Younger, Second in Line to the County of Daggerfall
Sumner the Younger is an ambitious young man who pines for the lordship of Daggerfall. He has been observed by his grandfather as always wanting more then what is beyond his station, and when he does inherit the County, he will likely not be sated. He is a trained swordsmen, skilled with blade under the pupilage of Wyce Hawthorn. Though he has a good mind for tactics, he is arrogant and reckless.
Sumner the Older endeavors to keep young Sumner close by so that he may teach him patience and temperance, but the young man is prone to vanishing and seeking solitude. It has recently been discovered by agents of Count Sumner that he has been escaping to Heathen's Rock and consorting with heretics.

774ec04e137df3527b2553e68dc8af8d.jpg

"Let them think me subservient, weak, fit only to mother children. Give me to a lord of Mivean and I will rule his house. Through his house, I shall rule him."
~Telgi Starborn, Maiden of Daggerfall

Telgi is a finely chased maid of 16 years. The youngest of Tybolt's children is intelligent and well versed to a life at court. She enjoys poetry and dancing, and has confided in her close friends and family of her desire to marry a lord of Mivean. She is now betrothed to Averill of Artageth, heir to the County of Artageth.

4a3514b57fdec15ca3f3e576b7268c18.jpg

"There is no greater fear known, nor wroth wrought, then the vengeance of a Lady scorned."
~Sarah Westgate of Starborn

Table of Contents
Letters penned from Count Sumner the Old
Early February, 1461
Mid-February, 1461
Obituary of Ulessa Starborn of Buntry
Late February, 1461
Letters penned from Count Sumner the Old
Late February, 1461
Late February - Early March, 1461
Early March, 1461
Correspondence between Timmoth of Westgate and his Lady-Wife
Early March, 1461
Correspondence between Sarah Westgate of Starborn and Lyle of Scytheson
Late March, 1461
Letter Penned from Count Sumner to Count Peregrine of Artageth
Late March, 1461
Early July, 1461
Early July, 1461
Lord-Mayor Stephen of Scytheson's Account of the Battle of Trader's Bay
May of 1461
From the Quill of Count Sumner Starborn
Mid-July, 1461
Correspondence Between Count Sumner and his Son-in-Law, Ser Timmoth of Westgate
Mid to Late July, 1461

Households of Daggerfall
300px-Escudo_de_Armas_de_Eslovenia.png

Starborn Dynasty
Rulers of Daggerfall
"Duty. Honour. Strength."

srSaFDU.png

250px-Harris_Harlaw.png

House Scytheson
Rulers of the City-Lordship of Knifepoint
"Our Blades Are Sharp."

MRnmcki.png

250px-House_Shett.png

House Buntry
Rulers of the Barony of Buntry
"Unyielding as Stone."

Bzg0uZu.png

150px-Saviour.png

House Hawthorn
Lords of Horn Hill, Crownlands
"Value Justice, Abhor Dishonour."

G78ci7v.png

150px-Ivano-Frankivsk_coa.png

House Westgate
Unlanded
"Faith and Service."

LX9lgXO.png

The Starborn Household's Swornswords and Vassals

lord_a10.jpg

Baron Wesly Buntry
Wesly is the Baron of Buntry, the castle that guards the western shores of Daggerfall. Wesly is the brother-in-law of Sumner the Old and is a staunch supporter of the aged count. Though a tad uncouth, he is a popular leader among the Daggerfall soldiers and a trusted advisor and friend to Sumner the Old. Wesly shares the Count's doubts on the ability of Tybolt to rule after his father passes.
The Baron commanded troops during the succession crisis but he did not see combat. He advised Tybolt and Duke William in martial affairs before the conflict came to a close.

ArmGJ.jpg

Lord-Mayor Stephen Scytheson
Stephen is the Lord-Mayor of Knifepoint, one of the most populous cities in all Mivean. The Scytheson's were elevated to lordship by the insistance of Sumner the Old after Stephen's father, Lyle, assisted in the victory over the Dagger Mountain Heresies. Knifepoint was thus transferred to a City-Lordship, and transferred to hereditary rule as opposed to open elective, and ruled by the Sythesons. Lyle married Sumner's cousin Sarah shortly after, and they gave birth to Stephen. Stephen was instilled with an appreciation to the Starborn's for his family's station and is loyal to the ruling dynasty.
Stephen commanded Daggerfall's fleet during the succession crisis, leading his ships against the forces of Lazuli. The Lord-Mayor exhibited a sound tactical mind as he exploited the wind to his advantage to gain an upper hand on Count Claude of Lazuli. Though he lost two of his three ships, Stephen did succeed in turning the invasion, securing a resolute victory for Daggerfall and Pilarch.

ei66loacsj5gu1stbm9n.jpg

Captain Lyle Scytheson
Lyle Scytheson is the heir to the City-Lordship of Knifepoint and is nefarious for his greed and ambitions. He is a close friend of Sumner the Younger and, unknown to most, holds a secret affair with the married Sarah of Starborn, eldest daughter of Tybolt, heir to the county. Only a short time ago, Lyle was courting her openly, and professed his desire to marry Sarah. Those hopes were dashed when Count Sumner gave her hand to Tommeth of Westgate, an unlanded knight of Daggerfall. Spurning from the insult, Lyle and Sarah continue their relationship, passing off their love child as Timmeth's son.
Lyle commanded a ship in the succession crisis, however, rather then defending the shore, he used the opportunity to turn pirate and raid merchant vessels that rounded the Horn of the Knife. Caught by his father, he was relieved of command and sent back to Knifepoint, while his father covered up his son's actions with false reports of pirates. The deception was soon discovered by Count Sumner, and Lyle was forced to pay to compensate the wounded parties.

6c36f37af42a146134a6ddd05a936e84.jpg

Marshal Wyce of Hawthorn
The Hawthorn family are a wealth family with a large estate in the Crownlands and close ties to the Starborns and Scythesons. Wyce is a formidable fighter and tactician and accepted patronage with Sumner the Old early in his reign. Though the glory days are far behind Wyce as far as sword play, he is a skilled teacher and tactician and has trained Sumner the Younger in ways of the sword and strategies. Wyce retains a seat on the Count's council as Marshal and is the leading adviser to Sumner the Old.
Wyce commanded troops during the succession crisis. Though he did not see combat in the conflict, he advised Tybolt Starborn and Duke William of Pilarch.
The Marshal was commanded by Count Sumner the Old to apprehend Lyle Scytheson for pirateering and brigandry. Fearing the Marshal at their gates, the Scythesons quickly ceded the Marshal's command and Lyle surrendered to the Marshal, whereupon he was escorted to Swordstone and brought before the count for judgement.

250px-Boromir.png

Ser Timmoth Westgate
An anointed knight of Mivean, Timmoth is one of the leading agents of Daggerfall from a long line of accomplished knights and operatives. Though he is young, his gift with sword and cunning is unmatched, and when directed by the intricate webweaver of Sumner the Old, this young man is truly deadly. In 1460, at only sixteen years old, Timmoth won a tourney in Swordstone and was granted one wish by Sumner the Old. Timmoth asked for the hand of his granddaughter, Sarah Starborn. His wish was granted and they were wed shortly after, giving a son, Andrew Westgate.
Timmoth is currently abroad, leading Daggerfall's investigation into the murder of Cardinal Visran in the Crownlands. He was attacked by the murderer's henchman and delayed, yet he still uncovered the killer's given name; William. Timmoth now pursues the killer eastbound, aided by the Hawthorn family.
Ser Timmoth was surprised to uncover that the killer was a broken man, bereaved from the loss of his wife and given to momentary madness, who in fact, struck no blow against the Cardinal, merely a cohort of lowly men. Satisfied that no conspiracy existed, Timmoth returned home to Swordstone.
Earning himself a respite, Timmoth took a leisurely hunt outside Swordstone where he was beset by rogues. Killing them all, Timmoth returned to Swordstone where he took a fever as if his wounds, which were mild were infected, despite all wounds being clean and seeming to heal well. Six months later, Timmoth succumbed to his wounds and passed.

Last edited:
House Guerrin

I, Duke Michael of Temeria, proclaim that I am Rightful King of Mivean, by Right of my lawful descendants from the Line of Kings, House Aimé, by way of my Great Grandmother, Lady Eleanor Aimé. Since the current claimants for the throne have both been born unlawfully out of wedlock, they are not fit to be Kings. As such I am left with no option but to take the throne myself, for the good of the Realm. May all good and righteous men support me.

~Rightful King Michael Guerrin

A letter to the Comte of Lydes

To the Comte Richard of Lydes,

I, David Sommet, Lord of the Lower Plait and heir to the Upper Plait would like to ask for Marie's hand in marriage as I am currently unmarried. Her beauty, which is known throughout the realm, would only increase in the life I could give her. At the same time it would only increase the already strong bonds our families have had throughout the years, forging an alliance, the power of the Sommet family at the disposal of Remache's. A decline would deeply grief me, however I could forgive you in case I am out of interest.

Signed,

David Sommet, Lord of the Lower Plait and heir to the Upper Plait.

Just as I called a servant in to take this letter from me he came rushing in with another letter, this time the sigil of House Guerrin imprinted on it, the proud House in Temaria.

House Guerrin

I, Duke Michael of Temeria, proclaim that I am Rightful King of Mivean, by Right of my lawful descendants from the Line of Kings, House Aimé, by way of my Great Grandmother, Lady Eleanor Aimé. Since the current claimants for the throne have both been born unlawfully out of wedlock, they are not fit to be Kings. As such I am left with no option but to take the throne myself, for the good of the Realm. May all good and righteous men support me.

~Rightful King Michael Guerrin

A third claimant, a third claimant in such a short period of time, I could not believe it, is the realm going to crumble out of my control? We should stop it, never mind my brother's answer, my Duke's ideas...
Our House always had a strong influence in the realm, it is time we live up to our influence to make sure no more claimants spring up...

The support of Lower Plait

In order to bring peace to the realm David Sommet raises his banners in support of His Grace Edward Aime, Duke of Cowen and rightful heir to the Kingdom of Mivian, and wishes for our Duke Mathias Steelbeard, Lord Crimthann Deagh and my brother Lord Alistair Sommet to join their power for the rightful heir. Lord David Sommet hopes for a swift end to this nonsense for the better of the realm.

Last edited:
d2wxMkG.png
The task has fallen to me, dear reader, to narrate to you the story of the Upper Plait. You will forgive, I hope, the necessary omissions and essential reductions to a tale that is older than the soaring eastern mountains and would, without summary, be longer than the great river that flows through the Kingdom of Mivean. It is, therefore, only an abridged version of the history of the Upper Plait that I, in this work, have set out to write. Detailing for you, dear reader, only the most recent and relevant developments while foregoing those ancient but important facts that one in pursuit of a complete history of The Plait will have to search out from other sources.

mshCKqK.png
There are some who will remember a time not so very long ago when the region was simply called The Plait. Indeed, generations have known it as such. Yet, it was upon the orders of the late Henri III that the demesne of the House of Sommet were separated into its present jurisdictions of the Upper and the Lower Plait. It should be mentioned, of course, that the King was easily influenced by his advisors, and amongst his advisors, it was the Cardinal Devyn who held the greatest sway. The decision to partition The Plait was the handiwork of this clergyman who, holding some grudge against the late Duke Sommet, Lord of the Plait [and father of the present counts of the Upper and Lower Plait], sought to divide his patrimony and strip the family of its ducal title, reducing the duke’s sons to the rank of count.

KXQrW2k.png
It was, therefore, due to the cruel machinations of Cardinal Devyn and the admirable devotion of the late Duke Sommet to his liege lord, Henri III, that the formidably Duchy of the Plait had her plentiful gold mines of the south separated from her rich northern deposits of iron ore. The partition of the Plait ensured—indeed, such was the intent from the outset when the aforementioned Cardinal began his vengeful designs—that the former duchy would be prevented from effectively waging war, with the requisite materials for equipping an army with weaponry [that is, the smelted iron ore] now separated from the means of financing a conflict [the sources of bullion]. It was in loyal submission to King Henri III that the late Duke Sommet accepted the royal decree partitioning his ancestral territories between his two sons, Count David and Count Alistair.

E8agny3.png
To complete the division of the Plait, Cardinal Devyn insisted that the Sommet brothers take oaths of allegiance to different feudal lords. The elder, David, pledging his banner to Duke Caldaria and the younger, Alistair, becoming a vassal of Duke Cowen. It is at the present juncture, dear reader, that we must pause in our narration. The future remains very much indeterminate. Will the divisive designs of the late Cardinal Devyn—his contemptible determination to humble the late lord of the Plait, his successful partition of the once-mighty duchy, and his abominable insistence to divide the loyalties of the Sommet brothers—become a permanent feature of the kingdom of Mivean? Or will these policies of division succumb to the overwhelming ties of fraternal affection that still bind the House of Sommet? Indeed, for a chronicler of the History of the Plait, many events may yet transpire, and much yet remains to be written.