• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CurlyFrys

Recruit
10 Badges
Jun 24, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
Hi everyone Im new. I am trying to blockade in victoria 2 but it wont let me. do you blockade just by sitting you ships in the adjacent sea zone and not clicking anything? or do i have to have my ships target the port somehow?

All you need to do is park your ships in the sea zone that the province's port is in. They'll blockade automatically as long as they're not moving to another sea zone, and you'll see fences go up around the harbors as visual indicators of what's being blockaded.

Hi everyone Im new. I am trying to blockade in victoria 2 but it wont let me. do you blockade just by sitting you ships in the adjacent sea zone and not clicking anything? or do i have to have my ships target the port somehow?

Yes, by simply having your ships in the adjacent zone, you will blockade the enemy ports (and block straits, so that enemy troops cannot pass). This will show on the map in form of a small fence of some kind encircling said ports. You do not have to click anything.

How does it not work? Silly question, but are you sure you are at war? It will not work in peacetime, obviously.