• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can readily keep control of a realm of some size after banishing a troublesome family. It's all about ruling through fear and force.

Why get rid of it when you can just set a banishment cool down timer. After 4 unjust banishment's you need to wait 5 years to banish again. That would easily keep it from being exploited in the way you said.

I kind of like this idea. You can only banish somebody once in 5 years or so. That would bring some balance into the whole thing.

Nah, it's different than the assassination button. For one, it only works on members of your realm. The person also has to be imprisoned. The tyranny hit is there as a cost, yes you can banish one person and keep positive relations with your vassals. It isn't a simple "pay x gold for /kill command" button.

The problem with banishment is that there are NO reason for banishment. Meaning that as long as the person has a title, massive tyrrany incurs.

I wish there were some reasons for banishment. But I don't think you incur any tyrrany on persons that have no titles.

You get the penalty only if you have no reason to banish them. Of course you are a tyrant if you banish without reason!
What valid reason is there to banish someone who is landed?

I only seem to be able to tyranny-free banish vanquished adventurers.

Banish has rather negative consequences if you use it. However Tyranny penalties should probably apply for even newly generated characters so you can't just banish your entire realm and have a fresh set of vassals that love you.

People don't seem to realize that the game can correct you on this kind of thing.

You start getting banish happy, and the moment someone decides to Plot to Kill your ruler, they get well over 100% plot power. You'll end up dead.

Now, you could even go so far as to game that, but really... only fix I would consider is that Tyranny applies to the title, so your heir is stuck with the malus until it expires.

Banishing adventurers is the way I get gold I spent for mercs back. So, no, banishment should stay.

Why do people keep insisting on stamping out all the role-playablibility in this game?

Quite frankly, I'm beginning to think it's a game of sorts...

"How much game can we get nerfed before the devs realize we're gaming them."