• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tyman323

Nationstaes liaison
10 Badges
Jul 8, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Many People know about the collapse and dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, and I believe that a Mini-mod exists to add this into the base game, and I've wondered, what if instead of the USSR ending, what if the situation was put into the shoes of the good old US of A? If enough Interest is generated, I would like to work on this as a small project, and once I had everything figured out, would only take maybe a day to code. Please note 2 things. In no point does this try to be really historical, but I want to create a sequence of events that could make a boring game fun to just watch if your, lets say, Germany or Soviet Union, and all the sudden the North American continent blows up. Also its not going to be limited to just the CSA, Texas, and Cally, I want to use more nations and get more ministers for the before mentioned nations, but before the work gets in, I wanted to see if anybody was interested in this Idea.

I'm currently working on a very similar project, where America would be partitioned in the event of a successful Japanese or German ground invasion. I'm getting close to finishing it, all I really need to do is write the events and find some ministers that would historically be willing to collaborate with Germans or the Japanese. That is pretty difficult though, and if I understood your idea correctly, not something that would be included in your mod.

I'm currently working on a very similar project, where America would be partitioned in the event of a successful Japanese or German ground invasion. I'm getting close to finishing it, all I really need to do is write the events and find some ministers that would historically be willing to collaborate with Germans or the Japanese. That is pretty difficult though, and if I understood your idea correctly, not something that would be included in your mod.
It's more of a Cold War scenario, although those same ministers could work as it won't be just communists that are included, as the mod is to cover the full timeline.

It's more of a Cold War scenario, although those same ministers could work as it won't be just communists that are included, as the mod is to cover the full timeline.

Ahh, right, I see. That does sound interesting, I must admit. I like the idea! I can give you what I have done so far if you want, maybe it can help you in some way? Even though it is just for WWII years...

Ahh, right, I see. That does sound interesting, I must admit. I like the idea! I can give you what I have done so far if you want, maybe it can help you in some way? Even though it is just for WWII years...
Sure, It would help very much.

Got it and Working on events now, however I have some Ideas about two more countries, these are them,
New Countries.png
First is an analogue to the Russian Federation, Tile right now the American Federation, Its borders included some highly contested spots, such as New York for New England, and Virginia for the CSA, its main goal is trying to snatch territory while no one is looking, however the victor of this cold war will be sure to do that.
New Countries2.png
next is a loss for name, either Cascadia or the Northwest Union, tell me which one you'd prefer, anyway that's most of the countries out of the way, now time for some events, I will list those latter.

Is sad as it is to see my country dismantled, but it would be interesting that is for sure.

I think I like to contribute some of my flags to this project, and ideas if you want.
You can take the American confederation flag if you want.
And you can take the United Midwestern states flag as well
And I guess... You can use the American alliance flag, which was meant to be used for the Federated alliance of America, if you want.

They can be found here:
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/America%20%5BBlocks%5D

The United Midwestern states is an agriculture based power, think of small town America being a country.

The American confederation is sort of like a American EU, or the U.S. under the articles of confederation.

And the Federated Alliance of America, is U.S. successor state based on the West Coast led by a woman called Sophia Adams
who wishes to keep the ideals that the U.S. was founded on, alive.

Of course you can change all this, it's up to you, just wanted to add my 2¢. :)

PS: I got the original versions if you want.

Good luck on your project!
Can't wait to play it. :)

Is sad as it is to see my country dismantled, but it would be interesting that is for sure.

I think I like to contribute some of my flags to this project, and ideas if you want.
You can take the American confederation flag if you want.
And you can take the United Midwestern states flag as well
And I guess... You can use the American alliance flag, which was meant to be used for the Federated alliance of America, if you want.

They can be found here:
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/America%20%5BBlocks%5D

The United Midwestern states is an agriculture based power, think of small town America being a country.

The American confederation is sort of like a American EU, or the U.S. under the articles of confederation.

And the Federated Alliance of America, is U.S. successor state based on the West Coast led by a woman called Sophia Adams
who wishes to keep the ideals that the U.S. was founded on, alive.

Of course you can change all this, it's up to you, just wanted to add my 2¢. :)

PS: I got the original versions if you want.

Good luck on your project!
Can't wait to play it. :)
thanks! lots of usefull stuff, I think I might Use some of those flags, and I should take the time to list the events I currently am going to write.
End of America (the event that will start the whole collapse)
Events that set up nations Independence, (eventually for now tag UCS will Annex USA)
Government Decisions (each country will gets its choice for a government, some having a unique spin on already existing Ideologies, like if cold war is in play, the American Federation can adopt "American Communism", essentially like how Russia is (by some people's standards) Democratic, but not the system we as Americans wanted to have at the end of the cold war)
small Border Crisis between the American Federation and New England over New York
War Between Mexico and Texas to settle long standing rivalries, With the possibility of California and the South jumping in.
the wave of Unrest possibly spinning into our good friends to the north. (followed by possibly its own dissolve.)
War Between Cascadia and Alaska and Canadaover islands.
and Much more hopefully.

thanks! lots of usefull stuff, I think I might Use some of those flags, and I should take the time to list the events I currently am going to write.
End of America (the event that will start the whole collapse)
Events that set up nations Independence, (eventually for now tag UCS will Annex USA)
Government Decisions (each country will gets its choice for a government, some having a unique spin on already existing Ideologies, like if cold war is in play, the American Federation can adopt "American Communism", essentially like how Russia is (by some people's standards) Democratic, but not the system we as Americans wanted to have at the end of the cold war)
small Border Crisis between the American Federation and New England over New York
War Between Mexico and Texas to settle long standing rivalries, With the possibility of California and the South jumping in.
the wave of Unrest possibly spinning into our good friends to the north. (followed by possibly its own dissolve.)
War Between Cascadia and Alaska and Canadaover islands.
and Much more hopefully.

What about creating some personality for American Federation to be the "Putin" of USA? Maybe a ex-chief of the FBI during cold war or a hardline conservative politician

Edit: What about William H. Webster?He was the first head of the Homeland Security Advisory Council.

Last edited:
What about creating some personality for American Federation to be the "Putin" of USA? Maybe a ex-chief of the FBI during cold war or a hardline conservative politician

Edit: What about William H. Webster?He was the first head of the Homeland Security Advisory Council.
That seems like a good choice, but instead of Hardline of Conservative, it be hardline Communist (in the case of the cold war as we know it, maybe I'll thrown in some German options as well.) but still very helpful. other Ideas I've had for Ministers to fill this position for other is Tom Daschle, Sam Webb, Greg Pason, and David Duke (shudders)

That seems like a good choice, but instead of Hardline of Conservative, it be hardline Communist (in the case of the cold war as we know it, maybe I'll thrown in some German options as well.) but still very helpful. other Ideas I've had for Ministers to fill this position for other is Tom Daschle, Sam Webb, Greg Pason, and David Duke (shudders)
(shudders)? You haven't known true terror until you have Dick Cheney running the show.

Ok ^^ and what about the CSA be some kind of Belarus? Belarus today is like the last soviet republic in Europe, so CSA could be the "last free place in 'murica"

Ok ^^ and what about the CSA be some kind of Belarus? Belarus today is like the last soviet republic in Europe, so CSA could be the "last free place in 'murica"
I wont have it as a total Anoluge to the post soviet states, but that does seem intresting, although you must remember, in a collapse of the USA (I should know how this feels as Im an American myself.) every country, from Cally to Alaska, thinks that they are the last beacon of freedom, however its known who the title REALLY belongs too, I should have some events posted later today if Im lucky.

TIME for events and maps, anyway here is the event that will touch off all the others, its very long worded, I didn't know i had it in me, and when you read it, listen to this is you want to shed a single tear.
DeadMurica.png
this is the maps of the mainland US so far, more countries will be added later on, and suggestions are welcomed.
Balklanization.png
countries included: American Federation, New England, Confederate States of America, Texas, Northwestern Union, Great Lakes Confederation, Great Plains Federation, Alaska

Now the second event, this time the Canadian response to the American Disaster as political commentators will come to call it.
Canada.png

Looks great! Maybe I'll also add a northwestern state to my minimod, once it is released.

Hope this gets finished one day!

also, have you considered states joining Canada?
what about Hispanic revolt and union with Mexico?
Essentially Canada will work either two ways, It becomes more nationalistic in fears of the American States creeping in on their territory (Cascadia with British Columbia, Great lakes region ect.), or shortly after fall apart in its own revolutions.
states wont be joining Mexico, however Mexico city has will watch with interest, that Texas border might need some cleaning up.

Would be cool to see a mod like this Cold war and Second world war wise.

Their was many pro Nazi's in america at the time (the bush family mainly the biggest)
I'm making something similar to this except during WWII, as stated above. Is that what you're looking for?