• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

francishillsman

Second Lieutenant
66 Badges
Jul 25, 2012
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
At about 1 hour into the Charlemagne Feature Premiere they talk about the addition of seasonal variation of attrition for winter. Will this also include:

1) Swings in the severity of winter year-by-year?
2) Climate anomalies like the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age?

The role-playing aspects could be quite interesting: perhaps a few bad winters in a row could up the revolt risk for peasants or a string of warm years could let counties in England produce wine for some extra gold.

There should be increased attrition during winter forcing you to conduct your wars during the warmer seasons, just like in actual history.

There is, the Johan said that during the live stream. There's also a new leadership trait called "Winter Soldier" who gets a bonus for reducing attrition during winter.

"Dear King William I of England

Brace yourself

Winter is coming

Love
King Donald II of Scotland"

"Dear King William I of England

Brace yourself

Winter is coming

Love
King Donald II of Scotland"

"To His Scottish Majesty,

You know nothing, Donald mac Causantín

Regards,

King William I of England, Duke of Normandy"

There is, the Johan said that during the live stream. There's also a new leadership trait called "Winter Soldier" who gets a bonus for reducing attrition during winter.

Cool. I somehow missed that during the live stream. Another little thing from the top of my head, during winter the river crossing penalty should be removed representing frozen rivers.

And +1 for the harsh summer suggestion, at least for regions like Iberia, Southern Italy, Greece and Anatolia (and everything south of them, of course).

The harsh summer sounds interesting. Thinking about this a little more, it would be cool if extreme weather buffed certain cultures and harmed others. Maybe nomads/pagans could be stronger when their steppes can't support them and settled folk weaker?

Last edited: