• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Luis Pocho

Sergeant
4 Badges
Apr 16, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
This is a game where you have to compete against other rulers while you deal with your vassals.

In order to control your vassals you have to increases the opinion of those who hate you.

Well, that´s not historical. In the feudal system the social relations were regulated by the "gif economy".... you can search it in wikipedia, the concept is quite simple, if someone gives me a gift, I´m obligated to reward him in the future. In the game, this would mean that a King must reward the vassals who was loyal at the same time He tryes to improve his relations with the problematic vassals.

What is a good vassal? well, someone who votes your choice at Elective Monarchy; a councillor who did a good job; someone who let you rise his levies (even if they are a few)... well, you understand, and maybe the game could add a lot more.
What is a bad vassal? the one who rebels; the one who plots; the one who sleeps with your wife; etc etc

I really think its a good idea cuz you can become stronger being a good vassal (now you cant); with this, Kings gonna have a good reason to have less vassals (less people to reward to); kings wont create new vassals rather than rewarding the old ones (funny, they gonna get stronger, the game gonna be harder and its historical!); vassalage wont be a "one direction relation", vassal will be able to affect the relation, the king wont be the only one who decides.

I can imagine a lot of ways to imprement it, the only important thing is create a mechanism that obligates the King to reward his good vassals with lands, money, titles, marriages, vassals and so on... maybe penalizing with prestige or opinion or decandense.

I guess you can understand what I have tried to explain, actually my english is bad, Im from Argentina and I really hate english, so please, dont make me write a lot

Your English is fine.

And I agree. I think that vassals should have the option to join their leiges war (like in the Megawar system in Game of Thrones) or sit them out, but vassals that help their leige should expect componsation depending on how much they contribute to the war. A vassal that contributes 50% of a war, for example, should expect to become a duke (or to gain another duchy title), while one who provided 25% might expect his second or third son to become a count, or for someone in his close family to become a chancellor or a spymaster (for instance).

I think this will have to wait for CK3, though, unforunately.