Victoria Complete Collection (Victoria I+II & all Exp. and DLCs), for only 4.49 €/$

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I remember buying some unit skins on Gamersgate for EU3 and they wouldn't extract on Win 64. I will never again buy a Paradox game anywhere other than Steam.

Are you working for Steam or what is this nonsense about ? The problem is usually in front of the screen.

Are you working for Steam or what is this nonsense about ? The problem is usually in front of the screen.

No, but I remember Paradox publishing King Arthur and the patches there came out for Steam first and second everywhere else, if ever, and not being able to extract dlc on a win 64 machine nearly drove me away from Paradox altogether. It did say once I went back to read the specific description of those files that they wouldn't install on win 64, but given that this was in the Vista era, 64 gaming was where all the serious gamers were, and I was pissed.

Guess which delivery platform didn't have the same issue? Steam. So never again. I don't get the hatred for Steam though. Occasionally after an update I have to try a couple of times to logon, but I don't see the issue. I live in Western Canada however and have the advantage of having Shaw internet service which has been fantastic since day #1 for client service. Yes, I am behind Taiwan, Singapore and S. Korea for my speed/price but I am pretty happy with my internet service. Steam has never been an issue for me.

No, but I remember Paradox publishing King Arthur and the patches there came out for Steam first and second everywhere else, if ever, and not being able to extract dlc on a win 64 machine nearly drove me away from Paradox altogether. It did say once I went back to read the specific description of those files that they wouldn't install on win 64, but given that this was in the Vista era, 64 gaming was where all the serious gamers were, and I was pissed.

Well, admittedly i don't know about that specific 'King Arthur' issue, but i don't see why they wouldn't install on a win 64 machine, as the programs for it are/were still 32 bit.

Guess which delivery platform didn't have the same issue? Steam. So never again. I don't get the hatred for Steam though. Occasionally after an update I have to try a couple of times to logon, but I don't see the issue. I live in Western Canada however and have the advantage of having Shaw internet service which has been fantastic since day #1 for client service. Yes, I am behind Taiwan, Singapore and S. Korea for my speed/price but I am pretty happy with my internet service. Steam has never been an issue for me.

The whole Steam debate doesn't matter in your case, as while currently released and future games will/might need the Steam program to get a game installed and patched,
it still doesn't matter where you buy a Paradox game or DLC, as you will always get Steamkeys.

In short, wherever you buy from now on, you will get Steamkeys.

Anyway, have fun with your future purchases. ;)

Well, admittedly i don't know about that specific 'King Arthur' issue, but i don't see why they wouldn't install on a win 64 machine, as the programs for it are/were still 32 bit.

Anyway, have fun with your future purchases. ;)

This was a common problem for very poorly coded software around the time Vista came out. I had adopted 64 with Win XP, but many gamers came to it with Vista. Some of the Oblivion DLC also could not install on Win 64, but in those cases a universal extractor could extract the necessary information from the exe files. I tried quite a few methods to extract the DLC from Paradox, but no joy.

The files I am talking about were skins for various soldier types in EU3.