• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This... this doesn't like look the maps of Francia I have in my history books... Not even close... And that shield for francia in 769... Ugh...

It doesn't need a bit of work. It needs a total revamp.

As stated, it's still beta and not all new cultures are on the map yet. We will, for example, have several new East Slavic cultures (and Russian culture will emerge only later).

Boy, you are surely throwing bones around today! Thank you again, mighty one.

As stated, it's still beta and not all new cultures are on the map yet. We will, for example, have several new East Slavic cultures (and Russian culture will emerge only later).

I'm pretty sure this was said during the stream. I guess not everyone watched it or read the summary, forcing one of the developers to repeat this?

Johan mentioned that the Russians amongst others on the Alpha/Beta were just place holders. Specifically for Russians, he did mention that they were going to add a "proto-Russian" group where a cultural melting pot with the Vikings will result in Russians or something along those lines.

Thanks for the response! Will there be more "unmelting pot" events like the Norse one dividing them in three cultures? I'm thinking mainly about dividing South and West Slavs into smaller cultures.

Questions regarding Zoroastrians.

Based on stream, it would indicate Samarkand and Tabaristan are held by Zoroastrian vassals of Abbasid Caliphate while other place for them is Pecheneg Khanate.

Could you confirm if this is the case and if vassal in Tabaristan (South of Caspian Sea) is indeed Zoroastrian Vandad Hormoz? Will Samarkand be reserved for Sogdians?

Boy, you are surely throwing bones around today! Thank you again, mighty one.

In all honesty, they kind of need to throw us some bones. While I appreciate the Paradox devs doing the livestream and showing off the map and basic features, it came off as very unfinished, and throughout the stream the hosts demonstrated a real lack of knowledge for some basic elements of the game. Not to mention taking up a LOT of time unnecessarily rambling on about stuff like "secret bears".

These posts are the things we were wanting to hear during the stream.

In all honesty, they kind of need to throw us some bones. While I appreciate the Paradox devs doing the livestream and showing off the map and basic features, it came off as very unfinished, and throughout the stream the hosts demonstrated a real lack of knowledge for some basic elements of the game. Not to mention taking up a LOT of time unnecessarily rambling on about stuff like "secret bears".

These posts are the things we were wanting to hear during the stream.

Tell me about it. Being two hours, I thought it was going to be a bit more substantial as well. The stream itself came off as very unprepared.

Interesting to see the titular petty kingdom of Powys. I don't think the map's detailed enough to do Wales perfectly, but it's interesting to see. My concern is for the titular tribes such as the tribe of Pruthenians. Pruthenians occupies enouch land in Carl and in ToG for its ruler to create Prussia. Now I like the Pruthenians CoA, and I know they represent the Old Prussians that were a lot more similar to Lithuanians than to Germans, but is there any way to keep the cpu from making Prussia?