• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PanzerCorps

Total War Programmer
57 Badges
Sep 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Greetings!

This is an idea I had some time ago. You know succession games, where one player plays a ruler until he dies, then saves and uploads it for someone else to play the heir? They're pretty popular, and fun.

Another type of game is the "Quantum Leap"-style game(at least that's how I call it), which is when, generally in singleplayer, you play someone until he dies, save, load and randomize a character and play as him instead of your heir. Rinse and repeat.

So, why not combine both? You get one chance to make an empire - to affect the game world of all players coming after you. It also slightly breaks some monotony from the game, in that you won't necessarily have to be weary of those powers who are always strong, but may actually have to deal with completely new, player-related threats. You want to expand and make something, but you also must make it in a way that when the AI takes over after you're dead, it doesn't all just fall apart!

Anyway, I posted a thread in the CK2 forums to see if enough people were interested and it turns out there's more than enough, so here it is!

Rules:

Start date: 867
Starting character: Roll 3 times(count rolls do not count), choose your favorite
Player order: Randomized list of all participants, sign-ups are still open, but if you join now your name will be added to the bottom of the list.
Transfer at: When these two conditions are met: 25 years of in-game time have passed and player's first character is dead.
SI: Disabled
Other DLC: Whichever you want(so if you have, say, SoI, you can play Muslims, wouldn't affect others). - Including the Ruler Designer.
Mods: None
AAR-content: At least a small post containing your character and your main objectives/achievements. It can be as detailed as you want, though

-----

Player list(in playing order - straight from Random.org):
  1. Eirecount - Dropped out.
  2. Danarca - King Louis II of Italy. (Reigned 867-905) - Save File
  3. Rozmarzony - Slavic Duke of Mazovie. (Reigned 905-924) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5) - Save File
  4. Dominico - Someone in Iceland. (Reigned 924 - 949) - Save File
  5. Panzer - Duke of Dalmatia. (Reigned 949 - 959) - Part 2 - Save File
  6. Ekorovin - Duke of Gascogne. (Reigned 959 - 987) - Save File
  7. Andre Massena - Maharaja Sisupal II of Gujarat (Reigned 987 -1007) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4) - Save File
  8. ThatCoolGuy - King Marquart "the Liberator" van Ypres, king of Frisia (Reigned 1007 - 1021) - (Part 1/Part 2) - Save File
  9. BaronIronmaggot - Duke Ebbon of Normandy of the House of Gellones (Reigned 1021 - 1040) - Save File
  10. Bolajay - King Frans the Younger of Germany (Reigned 1040 - 1063) - Save File
  11. Keinwyn - Shahanshah Pashang (Reigned 1063 - 1089) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3) - Save File - Map of the world
  12. Marc123 - Dropped out.
  13. Vidmizz - Count Przemyslaw/Drogomir of Darum (Reigned 1089 - 1114) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5) - Save File - Map
  14. SehnVretor - Duke Dobromir of Croatia (Reigned 1114 - 1126) - (Part 1/Part 2) - Save File - Map
  15. Darkgamma - Reborn as The Zahakid Satrap (Reigned 1126 - 1151) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3) - Save File
  16. Veetor - Dropped out
  17. Dovahkiing - Dropped out
  18. TAoD - Dropped out
  19. pettydespot - Dropped out
  20. Frederic III - Nikilaos Pakourianos II the Cruel of Longobardia (Reigned 1151 - 1176) - AAR - Save File
  21. nestorius - Ustadh Starapy (Reigned 1176 - 1218) - Save File
  22. zDrwal - Duke of Tuscany (Reigned 1218 - 1234) - Save File
  23. alscon - Duchess Kyra Percy of Paphlagonia (Reigned 1234 - 1285) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3) - Save File - World Update: West/East
  24. Zerois - High Chief Gniewosz Brochwicz (Reigned 1285 - 1300) - Save File
  25. yequr - Shah of Persia (Reigned 1300 - 1320) - AAR - Save File
  26. Streetlifeyo - Dropped out
  27. NachoEater - Dropped out
  28. Saxon125 - Dropped out
  29. LumberKing - Duke Pierre the Just (Reigned 1320 - 1327) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5/Part 6) - Save File
  30. iamme - Queen Mildrith of Kent (Reigned 1327 - 1352) - (Part 1/Part 2) - Save file deleted by the user.
  31. Divilly - Rozsa Jesensky (Reigned 1352 - 1377) - (Part 1/Part 2) - Save File
  32. Tufto - Dropped Out
  33. Crimsonflight - King Zula of Berbera (Reigned 1377 - 15th century) - (Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5) - Save File
  34. Persipnei - Dropped Out
  35. Eliaspays - King Mikolaj of Egypt (Reigned 15th century - 1408) - (Part 1/Part 2) - Save File
  36. Plank of Wood - Dropped out
  37. GoshDaMule - Raja Raghudev Palaka (Reigned 1408 - 1411) - Post - Save File
  38. Gagelange10 - Dropped Out
  39. teotl - Duke of Anjou (Reigned 1411 - 1435) - AAR - Save File
  40. Blackfish
  41. mekka66
  42. ...
  43. ...
  44. ...
Remember, it's never too late to join, just let me know!

PS: Thanks to Andre for being our de-facto GM while I remain too busy to do more than keep this up to date

Last edited:
Would like to join, but I'm currently only having some very poor-quality so-called mobile broadband internet that would make downloading a save file take just about forever (we're talking <100 kb/s). Getting DSL on Thursday... if things work out as planned. Let's assume that for now though (responsible guy seems reliable so far, always called on time at least), I'll post a note in case any long-term problems show up that would ... severely complicate (or should I say... obnoxious-ify?) participation.

I'd like to join!

Added!

Will be interesting to see what sort of world turns out.

Indeed!

Would like to join, but I'm currently only having some very poor-quality so-called mobile broadband internet that would make downloading a save file take just about forever (we're talking <100 kb/s). Getting DSL on Thursday... if things work out as planned. Let's assume that for now though (responsible guy seems reliable so far, always called on time at least), I'll post a note in case any long-term problems show up that would ... severely complicate (or should I say... obnoxious-ify?) participation.

Should I add you to the list? Remember you'll be tacked to the bottom so you should have quite some time to fix your internet... And you can always ask to be removed from there if things go bad.

I doubt a save will exceed 100k KB; zipped that's 10k KB so would take you ~3 mins to download?

Nice, by the way my pseudo is "ThatCoolGuy", not "Thatcooguy", I'm in 8th position :)

And here I was thinking you had an affinity for owls or something. coo coo :p

Subbed, but only as an observer.

I'm interested.

The only thing is : how much time will we have to make the AAR (and to play)? It could happen that some of us be busy by the time their turn come...

Nice, by the way my pseudo is "ThatCoolGuy", not "Thatcooguy", I'm in 8th position :)

Ah, right. It seems I have a thing for misspelling usernames :p Anyway, corrected

I'm interested.

The only thing is : how much time will we have to make the AAR (and to play)? It could happen that some of us be busy by the time their turn come...

It will go like this: When your turn comes, I will send you a PM asking if you're available, and you have 48H to reply. If you don't, we'll have to skip ahead. If you do, you'll have as much time as seems reasonable. So if we don't hear from you for a long time, we may just skip ahead. If you can however reassure us you're still here, you can take your time.

Ah, right. It seems I have a thing for misspelling usernames :p Anyway, corrected

It seems you do, since you've misspelled my name... again. It's a different mistake this time, though, so I can't say you're not learning from your mistakes. :happy:

Anyway, good to see the game has been started! Might take some time till it's my turn, though.

It seems you do, since you've misspelled my name... again. It's a different mistake this time, though, so I can't say you're not learning from your mistakes. :happy:

Anyway, good to see the game has been started! Might take some time till it's my turn, though.

Your name is hard to spell, alright? I'm trying :p

And yes, might be a while. Though some people may skip their turns and so we'd get there earlier. Also it's looking less and less likely that anyone will get more than one turn. We have 586 years to play, going by an average lifespan of 30 years that's 20 turns - the exact number of players we have now. I imagine some more people may sign up and some drop out balancing each other out so that's pretty much it.

I'd like to join too. I only play quantum leap megacampaigns, and I'm interested how one with different people will work out. Just don't expect highly literate AAR-stuff, since I'm not a native English speaker/writer.

By the 20th turn, I trust the world will be MUCH more different (as it always is, anyway, but still). Interacting with players-made empire will be very fun, I think.

Panzer Commader said:
It will go like this: When your turn comes, I will send you a PM asking if you're available, and you have 48H to reply. If you don't, we'll have to skip ahead. If you do, you'll have as much time as seems reasonable. So if we don't hear from you for a long time, we may just skip ahead. If you can however reassure us you're still here, you can take your time.

Seems right to me. I will assume after the first 48 hours I'll have something like a week to play the game and send the AAR without annoying anyone.