• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Larry Reese

Hero of the Soviet Union
4 Badges
Jun 27, 2004
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
Now normally in the games I pay (mostly Russia hitting Germany in 1940) when I'm done taking Germany down I have the option to puppet those countries listed above, plus a few others depending on the circumstances. In a game I am playing now, none of these are listed as an option, and I control (as far as I am aware) all of their original territories except for a few small parts of western Germany where France got in ahead of me. Is that what is stopping the German puppet? (and I'm assuming since Poland, et. al. were conquerored by Germany I can't puppet them because Germany is held up?)

Very bizarre. I also conquered Romania and Bulgaria; I have the option to puppet Roumania, but no Bulgaria. Roumania was no Axis, and the rest were, but that wouldn't seem to make sense.

Any thoughts?

LR

Now normally in the games I pay (mostly Russia hitting Germany in 1940) when I'm done taking Germany down I have the option to puppet those countries listed above, plus a few others depending on the circumstances. In a game I am playing now, none of these are listed as an option, and I control (as far as I am aware) all of their original territories except for a few small parts of western Germany where France got in ahead of me. Is that what is stopping the German puppet? (and I'm assuming since Poland, et. al. were conquerored by Germany I can't puppet them because Germany is held up?)

Very bizarre. I also conquered Romania and Bulgaria; I have the option to puppet Roumania, but no Bulgaria. Roumania was no Axis, and the rest were, but that wouldn't seem to make sense.

Any thoughts?

LR
You need to take out Japan because it seems Germany has a GIE in Tokyo.

You need to take out Japan because it seems Germany has a GIE in Tokyo.

Yep, as along as the faction has a member still standing, non of the faction's GiE nations will finally snuff it.