• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IGGEL

Captain
60 Badges
Feb 13, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Playing as Germany, I occupied all but one of their continental provinces, but they won't surrender. The event where you give them your terms popped up and I did the historical terms, and they have yet to get back to me on that. It's been 3 months.

If they didnt accept, then its WAD. there is a small chance they wont accept it, especially if your demands are too large.

There was no event saying they didn't accept (although I'm not sure if there would be).

The no surrender decision is displayed but not as an event, simply as a message. As I can testify, it's easy to miss it if there are a lot of other messages popping up. You can check by going to the savegame and trawling through the messages received over that period.

ai_chance = 100
name = "4054a" # France refuses the union

ai_chance = 0
name = "4054b" # France accepts the union

ai_chance = 0
name = "4054c" # France fights on

Yes, you can use acceptall and then force your demands. Unfortunately this would leave Paris in French hands. OTOH you can force them into a puppet status, strip whatever you want away, and leave the rest, all via acceptall.

Or you can just leave it alone and roleplay it as a France that continues to resist.

Try in console - event xxx FRA
Where xxx is the event number.
I don't think it will work if the event has already fired.

You may need to run a savegame - DH will roll the RNG again and it's v. likely for France to surrender.... the encircling practice will also help with the Russkies in '41

Or, if you're too lazy, run the savegame and then event xxx FRA.

Awesome. I'll try that.

Edit: I checked the history and saw that France chose to fight on. I was thinking it was a bug, but instead it was AI stupidity. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Awesome. I'll try that.

Edit: I checked the history and saw that France chose to fight on. I was thinking it was a bug, but instead it was AI stupidity. Oh, well.
No, is not, AI have 0 chance, the'y will never chose to fight on.
Try it in console "trigger 2003001".
If this don't work, you can copy the french surrender event and change the ID of events and then trigger that event in console

No, is not, AI have 0 chance, the'y will never chose to fight on.

Maybe the AI just doesn't know it has zero chance, Soul. I've had the same experience as IGGEL and I wasn't smoking anything at the time; so I can vouch for the fact that sometimes AI France does fight on.

The outcomes you're pointing to all spill out of the UK-France union event, but if that event doesn't fire then play is governed by a different set of outcomes activated by the French surrender sequence.

No, nor to me, until the one time that it did - and that left me every bit as puzzled and annoyed as it has IGGEL. It was only out of sheer frustration that I ended up checking the savegame history and there it was, a simple message saying that France had elected to fight on.

I wonder if there is a bug in or misuse of the random number generator (RNG)? I worked on the open source version of Jagged Alliance 2 for a while and I discovered that they were using the basic RNG function as if it delivered numbers from 1 to 100 when it actually delivered numbers from 0 to 99 (or vice-versa, I forget which). The effect in game was that everything had a 1% greater chance of occurring including that 0% chance things had a 1% chance. This had been in the code since the original commercial release of JA2 and explained some really weird but rare stuff that occurred.