• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you mean exactly? ;)

For example, if you play 1419 scenario on AGCEEP and Crimea breaks away from Golden Horde on 1440, and then you make a save, you can go to back menu, pick that 1440 save, right click on your country's shield and change it for Crimea ;)

Every country that gets released/created during game should automatically be added to the list. Unless you're looking for something else.

Hmm, what do you mean, exactly?

If you load your save and want to play with another country, just right-click on the (only) highlighted flag and choose the new one, then select it again and press start.

If you, on the other hand, want to add a new country to the selectable ones, then try opening your .eeg save game file. The 24th row (" selectable = { ") should list all the available countries; I think that if you add the tag you want there it should then appear in the list I mentioned above.

Edit: wow, spectacularly Emu'd - not much in the chronological sense but in the choice of words... as soon as I posted this, I thought Ober's post was actually mine :D

For example, if you play 1419 scenario on AGCEEP and Crimea breaks away from Golden Horde on 1440, and then you make a save, you can go to back menu, pick that 1440 save, right click on your country's shield and change it for Crimea
Ok, look. I created a new country to be established through vassal release or revolt. Then I started a scenario and released it. Then I saved the game and quit. After that I checked the list of selectable countries in my save game and didn't find the country I created. It's somehow not added automatically to that list as intended.

If you, on the other hand, want to add a new country to the selectable ones, then try opening your .eeg save game file. The 24th row (" selectable = { ") should list all the available countries; I think that if you add the tag you want there it should then appear in the list I mentioned above.

That didn't help. I edited the save game file, but new country is still missing on the list :(