• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Basically it would kind of be the same mechanics except maybe that technology could play a slightly more impacting role... in the later game.

it would take mega-research into prehistoric civilizations, but i've been really into archaeology recently and every single day archaeologists are uncovering sites that pushes the Bronze/Copper/Iron age back further and further. and they found that Romans were so awesome at megaprojects because they had a secret of unbelievable cement that was eventually lost to humanity during the Dark Ages.

You have not been into archaelology, but into History Channel. If you studied archaelogy you would not say something like that. And of course the actual prehistoric cultures would not work with CK2 mechanics.
Here is a list of the words you wouldn't use if you were so much into archaeology:
- technology
- civilization
- megaproject
- secret
- unbelievable
- lost to humanity
- and last but not least: Dark Ages.

it would be a re-skin of the current CK2 but obviously with more "pagan" stuff with neither Christian nor Muslim stuff. you could sacrifice people, do horrible things, have a trillion slave wives and slaves in general and burn down towns and churches and stuff.

That's not history, that's Conan's universe. Now I understand your exitement: of course it would be fun to have a Conan mod.

Or maybe Crusader Kings III should actually focus on Kings being Crusaders instead of false advertising with minimal input in-game that doesn't even have logical outcomes.

+1
And this doesn't mean we are Europeocentric. It means that you shouldn't add a map/timeline extension to a game whose base mechanics are not finished. It's just like if they added manga civs to Civilization 5. What would you say if they added elephants and if they planned to add Qing warriors to Stronghold Crusaders?
Leave China and India to EU4. I love playing as Indian states in that game.

Last edited:
Or maybe Crusader Kings III should actually focus on Kings being Crusaders instead of false advertising with minimal input in-game that doesn't even have logical outcomes.
Dooo noot sayyy thaaat! If Crusader Kings was only about "Kings being Crusaders", then we could only play as king-level male catholics.

This argument...

There are actually logical reasons to not have China in CK2 but this makes it all sound very dumb.

That's not history, that's Conan's universe. Now I understand your exitement: of course it would be fun to have a Conan mod.

I really feel like making this mod.