• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ebenweb

Captain
12 Badges
Jan 20, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
If I grant a landed title to someone outside my court, what happens? For:

- un-landed person under one of my vassals
- realm (under my king--I'm a duke)
- outside realm

If I grant a landed title to someone outside my court, what happens? For:

- outside realm
People in your realm will become your vassals as long as they are not a member of a court of someone equal or higher rank outside of realm it depends but most of the time they end up independent so if you are giving a title to an unlanded person make sure you invite them to your court first.

Does anyone know what the conditions are for someone outside your realm becoming one of your vassals when you grant them a title?
Is it true that a landed person outside your realm NEVER becomes a vassal of yours under any conditions?

Does anyone know what the conditions are for someone outside your realm becoming one of your vassals when you grant them a title?
Is it true that a landed person outside your realm NEVER becomes a vassal of yours under any conditions?

When you say "your realm", we're talking about the entire kingdom in which I'm a duke (no the king), right?

Direct vassal
- outside realm
Is this even possible ?
If it's a courter of your king, I think it should become your vassal, in the case you can grant him a title ^^

You can grant titles to all subjects below you. That means you can grant a title to your courtier or your vassal's courtier. The courtier will then become your vassal. You generally can't grant titles to characters outside your realm (you'll have to invite them to your court to do so). A notable exception to this rule would be special characters like the Pope. If you grant land to him the title will leave your realm. But you can only do this if you're not a vassal to another character.

Unlanded characters will always become your vassal if you give them land, except when you grant them a title which is at the same level as your own (ie a count giving away a county).

You can only give landed titles to landed people outside your realm to certain people like the Pope and heads of holy orders. They will not become your vassal.

Unlanded characters will always become your vassal if you give them land, except when you grant them a title which is at the same level as your own (ie a count giving away a county).

You can only give landed titles to landed people outside your realm to certain people like the Pope and heads of holy orders. They will not become your vassal.

Perfect, thanks.