• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Teo41

Major
59 Badges
Nov 13, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
It was really hard but, in the end, it was a great satisfaction!

[video=youtube;9XffgDMcuak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XffgDMcuak[/video]

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I don't know! ^^ I built almost 20 new infantry divions, almost 20 subs, 2 heavy cruisers and 3 panzer divisions... And I was forced to reinforce drastically some shattered divisions (around 10)... I didn't use any cheat, trust me... I focused on Agricolture tech and changed my occupation policies to better deal with the partisans... nothing else!

Honestly, I don't know! ^^ I built almost 20 new infantry divions, almost 20 subs, 2 heavy cruisers and 3 panzer divisions... And I was forced to reinforce drastically some shattered divisions (around 10)... I didn't use any cheat, trust me... I focused on Agricolture tech and changed my occupation policies to better deal with the partisans... nothing else!

Do you happen to have a mod that gives you MP when you encircle forces or something? (ie you got pows so you can have more dudes)? you had over 1300 mp when dealing with the soviets. I am not saying you are cheating, you just seem to gain MP at a rate that would be tricky even if you weren't fighting.

Do you happen to have a mod that gives you MP when you encircle forces or something? (ie you got pows so you can have more dudes)? you had over 1300 mp when dealing with the soviets. I am not saying you are cheating, you just seem to gain MP at a rate that would be tricky even if you weren't fighting.

Does the casualty trickleback tech influence the rate of manpower? I do remember that twice the 'Surge of volunteers' event happened, but honestly, I have to check the savegame to see if I had some bonus to the manpower

EDIT: I had a total of +45% of manwpoer due to laws, difficulty and tech (attrition was lowered to 6% due to tech)...

Last edited:
Surge of volunteers is 10% boost to your MP so that would defintly help. I don't know if it actually works or does anything but yes casualty trickleback should help. I always do the all the manpower and - attrtiion/+trickle back upgrades.

My guess is that your better laws (which gives you less IC to use but more manpower and better supply throughput) made the big difference in better supply/ less attrition + base mp boost.

Also, did you have any of those fronts ran by the AI? What was your air superiority like? Where you actually doing anything with your navy other than those landings?

Surge of volunteers is 10% boost to your MP so that would defintly help. I don't know if it actually works or does anything but yes casualty trickleback should help. I always do the all the manpower and - attrtiion/+trickle back upgrades.

My guess is that your better laws (which gives you less IC to use but more manpower and better supply throughput) made the big difference in better supply/ less attrition + base mp boost.

Also, did you have any of those fronts ran by the AI? What was your air superiority like? Where you actually doing anything with your navy other than those landings?

I let the AI mop up the pockets only in front of Leningrad and when encircling Smolensk. Otherwise, I always commanded every single division.

The question about the air superiority is cool: in the West (Normandy), I was not able to let my fighters take off becouse of Allied air superiority. But when I wiped out the Normandy pocket, the Allied halted their bombings. In Italy, I had no trouble with air superiority and... the SOV AI was 'silly' becouse it allowed me to gain air superiority over Russia becouse it was not doing anything with its planes. My bombers flew undisturbed and only twice my fighters had to intervene over Moscow... that's quite strange, maybe the starting SOV OOB is lacking some air power...

My Kriegsmarine was left stationed in the Skagerrak Strait. All the subs were sent to Kiel and Rostok, I did not move them becouse of fuel problems.

That's a pretty incredible effort! And nuking London at the end just out of Spite it seems was like the icing on the cake for me after such a glorious counter attack everywhere else.

Is it just me or was the Allied forces in Italy seriously lacking in troops? It looks strangely empty from the Allied side of the front line.

That's a pretty incredible effort! And nuking London at the end just out of Spite it seems was like the icing on the cake for me after such a glorious counter attack everywhere else.

Is it just me or was the Allied forces in Italy seriously lacking in troops? It looks strangely empty from the Allied side of the front line.

The Allies lacked troops in Italy but they had plenty of divisions in UK... So many that in December 1946 one US mech division wiped out my Gibraltar garrison and forced me to garrison every single province in France, BeNe and northern Germany! I was also forced to send from the Eastern front 2 veteran panzer divisions, to counter the US/UK landings!