• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

simmr001

Pansexual Aspie.
107 Badges
Apr 17, 2013
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
hello their

its me again with another AAR. I tried to write two for HOI3 and CKII but issues with comprehension of the game (HOI3) and an updating system rendering my save unusable (CKII) i thought i would go with a game i can understand and isnt being updated any-more. this time i will be playing as the United Provinces of Central America (ill never call them states) btw this will be running the point of divergence that a certain illness didn't kill a certain gentleman who will be mentioned very soon.

also I thought I should note that i am using a modmod called Rise of the Other States by a user named Phroane, i recommend you check it out if you enjoy playing as the USCA, you can do so by clicking this section of text

Chapter One:Setting the Stage

In the Grand Scheme of things most did not not expect the United Provinces to survive

v2_5.png

at the beginning of 1836, a mere 13 years after its inception, the nation was on the brink of civil war. the people were in open revolt, the conservative and liberal populations of its provinces were engaged in petty squabbles on the future of the nation and in the capital of Guatemala City (Which was for a time, in order to appease the mob, moved to San Salvador during the crisis before the Guatemalan dominated Aristocracy forced it back) two men worked tirelessly to maintain order amongst the chaos and would be instrumental in the establishment of the future of the Central American Nation

220px-General_Francisco_Moraz%C3%A1n.JPG

The first was Francisco Morazán. Born in 1792, this 44 year old was the younger of the two, and it showed. he was an idealist who, while well meaning, was at the time infamous for a number of policies which had alienated the Catholic Aristocracy through confiscation of property, the mercantilists through the breaking up off monopolies, the opposition through the exile of their members and supporting clergy, and the Indian minority through a seried of reforms ironically designed to protect them. he was currently serving as vice president of the coalition government for the duration of the crisis that was currently in progress.

Jos%C3%A9_Cecilio_del_Valle.jpg

The President was the second man mentioned previously, the 56 year old José Cecilio Díaz del Valle. Respected by Liberal and conservative alike, De Valle, also known as 'the wise', was popular with the masses and had the ability to talk down any problem with a calm voice and a level head. Which was needed in these troubled times.

v2_7.png

Rebellions were cropping up across the union, each one being manipulated by the local conservatives to protect their interests by forcing the formation off separate republics for themselves to manipulate. the largest in Nicaragua was led by Rafael Carrera, a pig farmer who, after being manipulated by the local church through lies and anti-liberal propaganda, raised a rebellion. De Valle was trying to placate the rebels and Morazán was dispatching troops to protect major cities, but with the rebels rallying around Carrera both men silently prayed for a miracle.

their prayers were answered...
v2_6.png

...but not the way they expected it.

Last edited:
How did you get a monachy?

Looks interesting, subbed

the mod i am using allows for some a-historical situations but that is not why I have the monarchy. the monarchy is my own touch ( to explain why a republic under the brink of war would do the radical policy changes that the mod allows for, without me trying to write an insane amount for differing presidents. it screws up ONE event for the mod (Central American Homestead act) but ill live without it. BTW starting chapter three I'll start with mainly Victoria 2 and less world-building.

and thanks for words of encouragement, and as always thanks to phroane

Chapter 2:The Third Father

Itzamna Mondoza was an oddity. He was from Yucatan, yet rallied the people of Guatemala in revolution. His rebellion was responsible for many deaths of the upper echelons of society, yet when he entered the city of Guatemala, He personally Executedany who harmed the politicians of the city. And, what was most important in this situation, he spoke of saving the union but proclaimed himself King Mondoza I of Central America, sending shock-waves throughout the world and turning the democracy into a monarchy.

v2_19.png

The rebels, while pleased by the destruction of what they saw as a corrupt liberal regime, were still in open revolt. Mondoza understood why well enough, he needed to make the first move, to show he was not like the old kings of Europe, or the ineffectual aristocrats that nearly tore the nation apart. He quickly gathered his most loyal rebel leaders to consolidate his power, he also released the previous administration and ordered them to return to their parties as representatives of their respective parties. He then issued his first policies as king.

v2_20.png

The First policy, instituted on January 20, recognised the rights of all men who resided in the land, as well as clearly defining his authority in the land. The Second, simply titled the Reform Act 1836, instituted protection of the Mayan population, the largest contingent of rebels in his army, as well as the right to be recognised as a citizen of Central America based on time of residence. The policies also guaranteed the separation of State and Media, as well as the guarantee that any who had a position of leadership the right to cast a vote in the Upper House. This made many supporters of the rebellion switch allegiances to the government but he still had one more plan with which to solve the rebellions.

v2_26.png

The weakness with the current capital was paradoxically its greatest strength. Guatemala City was the capital in the Captaincy General of Guatemala. However, because it was the capital, People from the other provinces had accused the Guatemalan citizens of favouritism. Mendoza's Plan? Create a new capital, from which the people could feel a sense of pride to create. This plan encouraged a more equal societal structure, while removing the "Guatemala Bias" that many critics had for the union

06_01_The-Mosquita-and-Ola.jpg

The eventual site chosen was Puerto Lempira, located in the La Mosquita region of Honduras was positioned further away from the borders of Mexico, while still not to far south to risk the threat from Colombia. The Laguna de Caratasca gave access to the sea, while having a natural choke-hole for foreign invasions. plus, he saw the local lumber as an opportunity to supplant the costs and provide income to the nation. But the most important part was the rebels.

v2_25.png

After hearing about the Kings plans to reduce the dominance of Guatemala, many of the rebels went back to their homes. Some continued to fight but were quickly silenced by the local forces. Carrera himself returned to his pig farm (although he never saw his local priest again) and by May 1st, Itzamna ruled over a United People. Now the true work could begin

v2_15.png

Last edited:
Thanks GoshDaMule, I will set a limit of 15 where possible

so next chapter, they may be slow as i seem to have caught something recently.

Chapter 3:Consolidating Power

now that the rebellions were quashed, and the situation in the UECA was more Stable, each 'Father'' moved to securing the future.

1_Finances_1.png

De Valle was in charge of the new capitals renovation and to that end he modified the taxes, with the kings permission, under the Nationalist Party to gather as much money as he could through Tariffs and taxes across the whole nation. this move was unpopular with some, however the revolts that had recently ripped through the nation meant that the people were unwilling to rebel again at this moment. Uncharacteristically, De Valle also adjusted the finances to Military; presumably to aid Morazán in his current goal.

2_Military_2.png

Morazán at this time was ordering the construction of artillery regiments, to supplement the Regular Infantry. With the situation in Central and South America the way it will be at this time, war was an inevitability. he also laid out an outreach plan for new generals and admirals to defend the realm.

8_1_One_Central_America_8_1.png

Itzamna on the other hand travelled the realm to discuss with local governments their future in the realm. by the beginning of October, he was able to assuage the fears of each realm, resulting in their pledge to the future of the union. now that he was certain that the realm was secure, he retuned to his capital to oversee the construction of the Puerto Lempira Naval Base. As Christmas approached, his heart soared as he saw news which mad his year.

10_Free_Texas_10.png

Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, a damned fool in Itzamna's eyes, had gotten himself captured while hiding in a swamp after his disastrous performance at the battle of San Jacinta. After this 'shameful display', as Itzamna called it, Lopez was forced to sign an embarrassing number of treaties that recognised the independence of Texas. Rather than deal with the political backlash of refuting the treaties, Mexico called for a ceasefire, leading to a very happy Christmas for the Mexican-hating mondoza.

11_Upper_House_1837_11.png

After the Revelry that was the new year, the upper house gathered for the 1837 year. among the crowd, he noted a lot more conservative members of the aristocracy... that or they were hung-over. it would explain the idiocy that came with the new year

12_Conspiracy_12.png

The remaining reactionaries used the right to assembly to attempt to stage a military coup, replacing him with a puppet king and enforcing a totalitarian regime. While he found the idea of a group using the right to assembly to create a regime that prevents freedom of assembly. Mondoza laughed at the irony as he ordered bullets fired through their jaws upwards. he also declared he would defend the rights of liberty of all people who lived in the Empire of Central America. and to prove he would put his money where his mouth is...

14_Election_14.png

he dissolved the parliament and called for an election. its time to see where the minds of his people were in his land.

Last edited:
if anyone has some advice i would appreciate it.

currently I'm dealing with Costa Rica-Yucatan independence wars and trying to get enough pictures for them.

Excellent AAR! Go to war with Yucatan and annex it if you can! :D

Looking good! I was wanting to check out this mod as the USCA is one of my favorites to play. Good luck, and I look forward to more!!

well that sucked....

hey guys this isnt dead just i got hit with multiple issues simultaneously.

1) mod stopped working: i fixed the issues and, while i was their, decided to try and improve the experience. i used a few graphical mods and tinkered with a few pieces of code to smooth out some errors in combining what i did. the primary mod is still Rise of the Other States though, and most new updates have a minuscule chance of occurring. (Gibraltar has combined cores from SPA and GBR, USA can Claim more Mexican Land if i fire a certain event in 1885 -which i almost certainly will- and general events to make things more randomised.)

2) some saves and screen-shots corrupted: i managed to save a few but i got as gap between 1837 and 1839, rather than rewrite vast sections of this i will deploy a time skip, i will try to summarise the major points but i find this easier than talking about the year of boredom that was 1838 and hoping it gets better the 2nd time (colombia and mexico are too stable!)

3) laptop damage: that's why the top two occurred, thanks to an incident in student accommodation it got humidity damage. issue is resolved and by the end of next week i should be able to update the story (barring the issues discussed above).

thanks for the rant and sorry for the vanishing act.