• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BogMod

Field Marshal
108 Badges
Jul 10, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Yes it is time for another of BogMod's LPs. People seemed to enjoy my Russia game and I got requests to try Two Sicilies in another game and that is exactly what we will do here. Hopefully we can shape Two Sicilies to the very heights of international power and restore Italy into one mighty nation! Feel free to comment here or on the videos as I am by no means a master player and I could miss things both technical and just useful to do. Otherwise I hope people enjoy this as they did enjoy Russia. I plan to put up new episodes every other day.

Playlist

Part 1

Yay. This is going to be awesome. You should Wait for France to finish thier war with Algeria because that will make Algeria a 1 state minor like Tunis was so you can establish a protectorate over them. Also you should recruit native Tunis solders :)

Last edited:
I will definitely keep that in mind when I am looking to expand the military. Once France gives me the chance for more land in Africa I will take it. Do the same with Morocco if it comes up after Spain beats on them. Spain always beats on them.

Is it worth taking Algeria even if it is a one state minor? Will France not then set its' sights on you?

I don't know if this will be different since you now have Tunis and I have tended to play as Sardinia-Piedmont but I always ally with Prussia/Germany as I never take the option of getting France to help me unify Italy and they always then gain cores on Savoy and attack me as a result.

If I keep relations with France high there shouldn't be issues regarding Algeria. It is more land and a better region for when I start doing the race for Africa. I will try to ally with France or Prussia since I will want my cores back from Austria. That is the plan so far.

Also Algeria will give you precious iron then make a ammo factory in Sicily, the only person that's gonna becoming for you is the ottos for tunis. Don't take morrocco instead take tripoli, Libya and Egypt as that will give you a land bridge to all of your colony's. Ethiopia is also good for expansion :) aswell as thier is some high lifer eating provinces surrounding Ethiopia and dongola in eygpt

Thanks for all the advice. Egypt is definitely on my radar but as I approach Great Power status I need to let my Infamy get down a little. I would love me a nice Great Power ally...like the Prussians! That said here is the latest. Next video is going to take a bit longer to go up since I am on vacation until next week.

Part 2

Great work being done!

Good AAR, really enjoying watching as it happens, especially things like factory building as I am useless at building them and this aspect tends to be missed out of the written AARs.

A couple of things that occurred to me:

1. around about 11.32 where you said you'd selected the "wrong" research and said you would switch in 10 days. If you do this, you lose whatever you had done already. Since you had the game paused at that point, that is the time you could have switched as you wouldn't have lost anything.
2. 12.05 - I know that State Controlled TUs increase immigrant attraction more and also increase social reform desire but I would still have taken Only Landed Voting. Why? Because that gives you elections where you can influence choices of people during elections and also changes your system from an Absolute Monarchy to Limited Constitutionalism. I always take that one first.
3. Tariffs - you want to get these down to 0% as soon as possible! (a) the factories and artisans suffer with them and (b) more militancy as pops don't get their needs.

With two Sicilies it's easy to pass MOST/ALL political reforms early (besides all the voting) and a few social reforms if you don't go for voting. Your militancy gets a bit crazy but just mobilise and stack attack. I like to do this a lot and go education than healthcare and the next education and than get voting.

Good AAR, really enjoying watching as it happens, especially things like factory building as I am useless at building them and this aspect tends to be missed out of the written AARs.

A couple of things that occurred to me:

1. around about 11.32 where you said you'd selected the "wrong" research and said you would switch in 10 days. If you do this, you lose whatever you had done already. Since you had the game paused at that point, that is the time you could have switched as you wouldn't have lost anything.
2. 12.05 - I know that State Controlled TUs increase immigrant attraction more and also increase social reform desire but I would still have taken Only Landed Voting. Why? Because that gives you elections where you can influence choices of people during elections and also changes your system from an Absolute Monarchy to Limited Constitutionalism. I always take that one first.
3. Tariffs - you want to get these down to 0% as soon as possible! (a) the factories and artisans suffer with them and (b) more militancy as pops don't get their needs.

All great advice I will try to follow up on it.

With two Sicilies it's easy to pass MOST/ALL political reforms early (besides all the voting) and a few social reforms if you don't go for voting. Your militancy gets a bit crazy but just mobilise and stack attack. I like to do this a lot and go education than healthcare and the next education and than get voting.

Ahh I see. The game still has many tricks I need to learn.

Back from Vacation so here have an update. Look as I fight things and get ever closer to Great Power status!

Part 3

Nice work

Just a fair warning I do try to listen to the tips I get. However I usually record in larger chunks so I can't instantly respond to advice in the very next part. So please never get discouraged from offering it even if it seems I have said I want to do what you suggested. Anyhow I hit #7 this time but due to the time it takes for others to fall out remaining a secondary power...for now.

Part 4

Italia here we come. Start getting the diplomatic influence techs, it will make it easier to sphere all the miners, also get nationalism and imperialism because you will get a free cb on austria to take lombardia. Also it will allow you to use the establish a protectorate CB over 4 sate uncivs, instead of a conquest CB. If thier is a war with austria and NGF attack austria than, because that war happens in most games

The current issue right now is more about getting France out of the lands near me.

Can you make the episodes longer like 1/2 hour or 20-25 minutes?

I can I expect. I will try to push for a more 20min video then. I normally try to go for 15-20 as my video length.

I can I expect. I will try to push for a more 20min video then. I normally try to go for 15-20 as my video length.
Thanks, when's the next update

Last edited:
Why today in fact! I aim for every other day around 11am PST. Behold Two Sicilies as a Great Power!

Part 5