• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny that someone complain about the game and not enough stuff who even don't own the game official!
You have 1 registered paradox game since march 2001 but made over 300 posts? For what?

-> EDITED <-

Uh, I own a few. All the EU games, bought EU IV on Steam. I also bought Warlock 2 on steam. I have Hearts of Iron I, II and III, III bought on Steam. Not sure why they are not registered, but have quite a few Pardox games. :D

Yes I have complained about Warlock 2, but I also have praised them as well. Just frustrated of a game I like so much now, that it's so quiet on the Developers side. Seen too many games abandoned when this happens. Just paranoid a bit.

*edit* stupid auto correct. :)

Last edited:
In this day and age, no DLC means the game is dead. Looks like either Ino-Co or Paradox have given up on Warlock.
The new achievements from about a month go say otherwise. Which coincide with something I've been suspecting for months. Just because they're not talking about development, doesn't mean it's not taking place.

Still, last time game was updated was 3 moths ago.

Personally, I just want to be more challenged.
This game, as well as original Warlock are just too easy to get mastered on current highest difficulty. And then you lose the interest to play more.

Original Warlock had Armagedon mode, to break this mold, and W2 had Exiled mode, where they buffed the end game.

But I would really like some punishing difficulty, where it would appear that other great mages are doing great, similar to highest difficulties in Civilization series.

In all "challenging" modes in W2, other great mages where in fact pushovers, and not real rivals, due to asymmetrical challenge being done by some other entity (dremers, monsters, united one), which hurt them even more then player.

The new achievements from about a month go say otherwise. Which coincide with something I've been suspecting for months. Just because they're not talking about development, doesn't mean it's not taking place.

One more thing.
It's interesting that "the least achieved" achievement is defeating Chief Justice great mage.
This was the last in-game item added to the store, and 0.1% of players did this. Most of the other mages are above 5%.

This may add some insight on how often people buy in-game items for IMHO inflated prices.

Note: Defeating Tal Kalessil is at 0%, but it may either be that he is not rolled as enemy due to special mechanic he uses, or that is is always defeated by monsters.

I was probably expecting to release a partial release of my mod around here, but personal problems and computer problems prevent me from doing so. I made a list of short to implement suggestions here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ommendation-to-expand-the-game-s-capabilities

Becasue I knew that there could be a lack of resources, so no much could be implemented, but without any feedback I am not sure if some of my points has been considered.

Meanwhile, I could hope that some of the issues in the thread specified above are resolved by the time I continue modding. But now that "World of Magic" is in development, I am not sure if it is worth spending my time on Warlock. WOM is not perfect, and I am not sure if it could be modded. Maybe I could simply mod both.

Anyways, I'll try fixing my computer first and well see.

Game is dead. With the release of Age of Wonders III expansion and the release of Endless Legend, you would think the developers/publishers would like to keep Warlock 2 in the light so it's not forgotten.

Game is dead. So we either play as is or time to move on. Forum is basically dead. I see we all come in hoping to see some new news, but leave disappointed or just shaking our heads. There is even no newbies coming in asking questions how to play or anything, and it's almost October now, and not a whisper or CARE from the developers/publishers.

Game is dead.

The AI has its flaws and is not challenging when you master the game but it's a really good game with lots of tactics and variation. If you're searching for a challenging 1vs1 against the AI you will probably be disappointed. The AI has a hard time managing the game's complexity.
I don't play it anymore but it was well worth my time and money, and I may come back to it when I'll be more available to try more races/tactics/…

My guess is the game has not reach the intended audience and sales goals. >>> Steam Charts
In that case, the logical reaction would be to move the devs ressources to a more 'sustainable' project, even if they'd have prefered working on Warlock 2.
The community content has not been really developed with no custom campaign or maps (as far as I know).

Nevertheless, it's a great game, well crafted and I'll keep supporting it (= buying more) if there's a DLC, even if I don't have the time to play it.
I love the complexity, the art, the music and the humor ;)

The game have failed due to low sales, but i consider it's 100% the fault of Paradox. They have supervised the developpement and restrained the 4X part (they write it on this forum). And specially they have failed to promote it. Where were advertisings ? Sad for a such good game.

A shame. Is it at least playable in its state? I've been wanting to get it.
I'm most concerned about AI.

Yes it is in a playable state now. You will have fun. Just don't expect miracles.

Thanks for this thread. I was considering to buy either of the Warlock titles, but after seeing this (and checking reviews) I determined Warlock II isn't worth the money and I see no reason to support the franchise by buying part I.

I loved playing this game, but I just don't understand why for 2+ months, there has been no message or anything about work on this game or abandonment of the game, looking at steam its on the front page for the sale and top of the page, but it's hard to convince a person to buy it when there was an update a few months ago then silence.

I don't know what in hell you guys want!
Remember at the time when a game come out and that it was, no addon, no really patches or anything.
I can remember this times when civ 1 came out, or elite, settlers 1, pirates, etc

So pls do us a favor and stop whining, let the devs do their jobs and maybe we get something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.