• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(347098)

Corporal
2 Badges
Jul 14, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
What do have those companies have in Common.

They programmed good titles in their best days. But never finished their work.

MonteCristo CitiesXL. High potential game. But this Company refused to hear to those People, paying for the game. And went Bankrupt.

Jowood. "Giant" Sequence. After the Gamers hat figured out, that they will never bugfix a game to the end, they just refused to buy those titles. And this Company is not anymore.
Most of those games had really potential, if they would have been bugfixed.

Kalypso:
After the Mud Tv, and Airline Tycoon I do belive the last gamer had understood that this Companie will never Held, what they tell in the beginning of a game. Now, they are dammed to Programm trash titles.

Dear CO, do you belive, that any gamer will spend one more Cent in DLC if they figure out, that this only produces some more mashes and no bugfixes.
You can do this once. But belive me, you are black listed for me, for another game.
For my part, I wont buy your new games on first day. I will see, how you handle bugfixing next time and won't buy any unfixed title in the hope, that if I do spend Money, that this Money will be used for bugfixing.

So as far as I know the marked. CIM2 was the last title from CO I have spent Money on. Good Luck.

Well, in my case CIM2 was first game from CO I bought. I never played CIM 1 before and somewhy I am more than happy about what we have in CIM2. Yes, they did not fix many bugs, but are those bugs really many? Pedestrians block vehicles on crossings sometimes, desync in multiplayer if partner builds something too long or attempts to alt-tab too often, AI problems with picking a road lane - what else? I don't really see a lot of bugs to urgently fix, I would also say that many other gamedevs simply ignore such bugs for ages and never fix as well.

No, I would add something different to the topic.
Look at Train Fever game which comes out in two weeks. Look at their devs. They are making stuff based on players wishes and they are really into the topic about trains and transportation games. This is what I want to see in Skylines. Let the game be players' choice one. Listen to us some more in topics, make polls to select stuff players offer, release DLCs with optional stuff you can do from wishlists and make the game full of everything possible, from CIM2-like transportation organizing to very basic placement of zones and city-building, just make some of those options available to toggle on/off and the game will look different every time you try some new option.

When it comes to bugfixing, we'll have to agree to disagree sometimes. I understand some of the design choices have not been to some people's liking and they are considered bugs in this forum and one actual bugs we just can't get enough information on to fix them. I apologize for that. And I'm sorry Lifeguard that you feel that we have let you down. I hope we can prove ourselves in the future and get you back to enjoying a Colossal Order game. Thank you for the constructive criticism! And believe me, we really appreciate your feedback so we can also learn for the future. Everyone's feedback and suggestions as our customers is invaluable.

When it comes to bugfixing, we'll have to agree to disagree sometimes. I understand some of the design choices have not been to some people's liking and they are considered bugs in this forum
On this point, I think part of the issue is that people don't know what are design choices. Sometimes it's just a single post by yourself or Karoliina in a thread which has since been buried at the bottom of the forum (or bugs subforum), so newcomers or even some older forumners have no chance of discovering it - especially when some "bugs" are repeated in multiple different and additional threads by different users. Same with some of the things that you've said can't be changed for game-engine reasons.

Thank you for the anser.
But Monte Cristo designed a very good game as well. But unfortunattely they made the design issue not supporting multi threading. End of game was, that everyone loved the game, till cities had grown to a specific size. Afterwards the game was unplayable.
CIM2 hat a very new idea, many People loved. The game became a big disapointen, because I love to watch the sims how they use the system. The scedules, which where the main idea of CIM2 became very useless, when it comes to pathfinding.
If the pathfinding works as designed, than it does not works as descriped in the game description.

For myself, if your new game start like the last sim City, People wont by any dlc to support bugfixing, because they will remember that with dlc you only pay a trainee making new meshes.