• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Imperator1993

Southern Byzantophile
73 Badges
Dec 5, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Deus Vult
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
Legacy of the Conqueror
House_Targaryen.jpg

Table of Contents
Chapter One-King Aegon I 'the Conqueror'
Part One- Conquest of the Stormlands
Part Two- Fall of the Ironborn
Part Three- Three Dragons and a Stag
Part Four- Dragons in the Garden and the Church
Part Five- In the den of the Lion and the Falcon's roost
Part Six- The Wise Wolf and the Fiery Spear

Last edited:
Prelude

Lord Aegon of Dragonstone, the last of the blood of Old Vlayria, looked over the stone table, planning his conquest. "Still awake brother" said Aegon's bastard half-brother and best friend Orys, "I am Orys, putting in the final preparations for tomorrow, when I make Westros bend the knee" said Aegon. "You will conquer them all, you and Balerion are invincible together" said Orys, "No Orys, we all will, you, me, Visenya, Rhaenys, and the dragons, will destroy them all, starting with that arrogant fool, the Storm King", "Well don't be up all night brother, I'm sure Rhaenys wants sometime alone" said Orys, Aegon laughed "Very well, see you in the morning Orys, "You as well, my King".

Aegon_And_His_Sisters_by_Amok..png

Shall we conquer my dears

Last edited:
Considering I've got a Rhaegar AAR going on right now, all I have to say is this...

GRANDDADDY! :rofl:

Looking forward to the conquest.

Chapter One- King Aegon I 'the Conqueror'
Part One- Conquest of the Stormlands

The sun arose on Dragonstone, Aegon Targaryen, his sister wives Visenya and Rhaenys, and bastard half-brother Orys readied themselves. "Today is the day, the day Westeros bows before the Dragon, the day they bow before me" said Aegon to the cheers of his troops.

25u7joy.jpg

The conquest begins, a new Kingdom is born!

Aegon stepped off his ship, with his sword Blackfyre in hand, his elder sister-wife Visenya by his side. "Lets go after that arrogant fool the Storm King, I can't wait to shove Dark Sister through his heart" said Visenya, "Calm now Visenya, he will get what is coming to him" said Aegon reassuring her.

155ht8p.jpg

The Storm King will pay for his arrogance

"Are you ready Visenya" asked Aegon as he mounted Belerion, "Don't worry about me, Vhagar and I will burn the fools" replied Visenya raising Dark Sister in the air. The ferocious battle opened, Aegon was severely outnumbered, but he had not one but two Dragons. Belerion burned and fried numbers of Stormlanders, including severally wounding the arrogant Storm King.

35ciyx1.jpg

A man so arrogant he thought he could slay a dragon, he was wrong

"The battle is won, long live the King" shouted Vhagar 'the Greatheart', "We haven't won yet, the Storm King must fall, pursue him" said Aegon, "Yes your Grace" replied the Greatheart. Aegon returned to his command tent, Visenya was there and she had that look in her eye. "Rhaenys is back watching Dragonstone, so how you get over here and use that 'dragon' of yours" said Visenya, Aegon thought to himself, "Some pleasures wouldn't hurt".

2rggaid.jpg

Its good to be King

It wasn't long before Aegon was in his element again, the heat of battle. He and Belerion burned through the Stormlanders, where they encountered him again. "You really think you can slay him" said Aegon, "I'll slay him and kill you" said the Storm King, sword drawn but obviously limping and in great pain. Belerion spewed forth his flames, all that remained was the charred remains of the last Storm King. The Stormlands were won!

2467tjq.jpg

He is dead, the Stormlands belong to the Dragon

"Brother you sent for me" said Orys, "Yes Orys, I would like to reward for your loyalty, I give you the Storm King's daughter and the his lands" said Aegon, "Your Grace that is most generous" said Orys bowing, "You deserve it Orys and no need for formality" said Aegon shacking Orys's hand.

2qth3rk.jpg

Orys Baratheon the first Lord of the Stormlands and founder of a new house

Soon there be dragons! :cool:

Part Two- Fall of the Ironborn

"Where next your grace" asked the Greatheart, "The Ironborn, they rule the ancient Kingdom of the Trident alongside there homelands, two Kingdoms for the conquest" said Aegon, "This should be quick, the Iron King is a hated tyrant and many of his subjects have already revolted against him" said Visenya.

30c1zys.jpg

The next victim of the dragon

The marching of the Ironborn soldiers could be heard for miles, a force of over 15,000 Ironborn clashed with Aegon's army of just over 5000. Belerion unleashed his flames, those who were not burned alive, fled in terror. Just like the Storm King before him, the Iron King couldn't slay the dragon. "Another victory" said Aegon flying over the battlefield, the King received a message from the new Iron King, Harwyn III, he was asking for peace, he realized with his father's death there was no hope for victory.

2qdvjgi.jpg

The tyrant dies with his Kingdom

He had only just been crowned Iron King when Harwyn III realized there was no hope for his Kingdom, even his father's mighty stronghold of Harrenhall wouldn't be enough to stop the dragons. "Your Grace, the Iron King is here" said one of Aegon's bannermen, "Send him in" said Aegon sitting on a makeshift throne in his command tent. Harwyn III entered the tent and looked at Aegon, "I surrender, even we Ironborn can't defeat dragons" he said, "You have chosen wisely, you may retain lordship over your homelands but the Riverlands will be given to another" said Aegon, "What of Harrenhall" asked Harwyn, "For now, it belongs to me" said Aegon.

2rzqqly.jpg

The might of the Ironborn and there Drowned God wasn't enough to stop the dragon

The march to power and hegemony has begun!

I don't think I've seen anyone start at this point yet :) And I always wondered how one begins conquest as Aegon (I've never seen the AI begin the conquest before).

I don't have an advanced enough graphics card for all the graphical changes to map.

I actually had a similar issue, and found a solution. Does it help?

Part Three- Three Dragons and a Stag

With the fall of the Ironborn Aegon and his army marched south, stopping at Blackwater Bay, where Aegon had landed. Aegon flew over the bay on Belerion when in the distance he saw another dragon approaching. "Rhayens, Rhaenys is that you" yelled Aegon, "Who else would it be" she yelled back. They both landed and Rhaenys embraced her brother, "What are you doing here" asked Aegon, "I figured you would need me" she said flirtatiously. Visneya looked at Aegon and Rhayens, daggers her eyes, "Just what I need, the slut is here" she said to herself.

While Aegon and Rhayens were in Aegon's tent 'catching up', Visenya paced around the army camp. "My Queen is something the matter" asked Lord Orys Baratheon, "Nothing Orys, nothing at all" she said looking at Aegon's tent. "My Queen, I have known you since my birth, I know when something is bothering you" said Orys, "Its that damn slut, she just had to show up" said Visenya angrily, "You mean Rhayens" asked Orys, "Who else would I be speaking of, none other then the Royal whore of Dragonstone" said Visenya. "My Queen you need not worry, his Grace loves you both" said Orys, "Pah, I'll kill Vhagar before I believe that, he has always liked that damn whore more; what I wouldn't give to punch her whore face" said Visneya angrily. "If this bothers you so much, perhaps you should speak to his Grace" said Orys, "I guess I could, I'd rather shove Dark Sister up her ass but I guess I could talk to Aegon" said Visneya.

Rhayens walked out of the tent, her dress and hair slightly disheveled, "Doing what you best then eh Rhayens" said Visenya. "Oh dear sister what are you talking about" said Rhayens, "I mean you being a damn whore" said Visenya, "Sister how could you say that" asked Rhayens. "Oh don't play innocent you slut, I can guarantee you fucked someone on Dragonstone while Aegon and I were conquering, I could probably still smell the Moon Tea you used to get rid of the bastard" said Visenya, "Well believe what you want but its not true" said Rhayens. "Just know this slut, while you may have given him his first daughter, but I fucked him first and I'll be the one who gives him a son" said Visenya, "Sure sister, we will see" said Rhayens, "Yes we will" said Visenya pointing Dark Sister at her.

Visenya.jpg
Rhaenys.jpg

The rival sisters, who will give Aegon his heir

(( Just a small update for some family drama before I get the next part of the conquest which will hopefully have up tomorrow :D. Now since many of you seem to have issues with the graphical errors I'll get the fix, only reason I didn't was because it didn't bother me.))

Last edited:
Hope the fix works for you.

Also, sibling rivalry is rivalrous.

Part Four- Dragons in the Garden and the Church

With the Ironborn defeated Aegon turned his attention south, to the Reach. "From what I have gathered, the Reach is the most powerful of the Seven Kingdoms" said Orys, "They could raise 50,000 men and that couldn't stop our dragons" said Visenya, "Still we shouldn't be rash, let us gather more troops from our conquests and march on Highgarden" said Aegon.

i2ksn4.jpg

The fury of the dragons shall fall on the Reach

Aegon gathered his army around Blackwater Bay, when he saw Visenya approaching on Vhagar. "Visenya did the Reach King come to his senses and surrender" asked Aegon, "Sadly no, the fool is gathering as mass army of nearly 50,000 and marching towards us" said Visenya. The army of the Reach descended upon Aegon's army, mounting there dragons, Aegon and his sisters took the skies. The clash of swords and horses was furious, Aegon and his dragon descended of the Reachmen, and burned many alive. The Reach King, Mern IX even tried to slay Belerion but like the other Kings before him he met only dragon fire. When it was over, the battle had probably been Aegon's most devastating victory.

1zbufsi.jpg
30csn78.jpg

The dragons are truly a super weapon

"What a victory, you did well Belerion" said Aegon patting his dragon on the head, "Aegon I need to speak to you" said Visenya. "Visneya, you are supposed to address me as your Grace like everyone else" said Aegon, "Spare me the semantics, I need to talk to you about the slut" said Visenya angrily. "What are you talking about Visenya" said Aegon, "You have Rhaenys on the council and not me, explain this" said Visenya, "Visenya I would think you would be above such petty jealousy" said Aegon. "I want her off the council, right now" said Visenya, "No, she is staying on the council, and don't speak to me in such a manner ever again" said Aegon walking away.

10s5c80.jpg

Aegon finds himself in the middle of the sisterly rivalry

"Your Grace, I have delightful news" said Rhaenys, "What is it" asked Aegon, "My moons blood didn't come, I'm pregnant" said Rhaenys happily, "That's wonderful my dear" said Aegon kissing her. Visenya had overheard the conversation, she wiped a tear from her eye and walked away.

inftyw.jpg

A new dragon will be brought into the world

Several minor battles followed in where Aegon triumphed over and over. "Your Grace the King of the Reach is here" said a bannermen, "Let him in" said Aegon. "Greetings your Grace, I'm am Garth XIII, King of the Reach" he said, "What of your father" asked Aegon, "He died of the wounds that your dragon gave him". "You have smashed all my armies and I realized I have lost, I recognize you as my King" said Garth, "You have chosen wisely" said Aegon. Flying on his dragon to Oldtown to demand the surrender of the Most Devout, Aegon was met with an open gate and the High Septon on his knees. "Your Grace I surrender you and I'm prepared to crown you as rightful King of Westros should you embrace the faith. said the High Septon, "Very well, I shall embrace your faith if you recognize me as your King" said Aegon, "You are wise my liege" said the High Septon.

2rh45lx.jpg

The Dragon now follows the Seven

So the Reach's defense ended up pretty much like it did in the canon, eh? Well, it was to be expected.

Subbed!!

Part Five- In the den of the Lion and the Falcon's roost

With the Reach defeated, Aegon turns to there allies, the Lannisters, Kings of the Rock. "You have returned Visenya, did they surrender" asked Aegon, "Sadly no, the fools must wish for dragonfire" said Visenya, "Then they shall get plenty" said Rhaenys.

14u89l2.jpg

The Rock shall meet dragonfire

Aegon sat outside his tent, hearing Rhaenys scream in labor pains. "Your Grace come quickly", Aegon rushed into the tent where he saw Rhaenys holding a baby boy. "A son..." said a stunned Aegon, "Yes your Grace, a beautiful baby boy" said Rhaenys. "I shall name him, Aerys, Aerys Targaryen heir to the Seven Kingdoms" said Aegon. Visenya had heard the news, she cried herself to sleep that night.

vr8xt1.jpg

The new Crown Prince, Aerys Targaryen

The march through the Westerlands was tough, the terrain was a hindrance to the troops. Aegon easily defeated the armies of the Rock and marched on mighty Casterly Rock. "So King Loren, thinks this castle will save him" said Visenya, "He will learn that castles are useless against dragons". Balerion flew into the skies and unleashed his flames, the castle fell quickly. Loren VI however was not about to go down without a fight, in order to rally the troops he tried to slay the dragon, only to fail as all the Kings before him. Casterly Rock surrendered, the King was brought to Aegon in chains. "I'm guessing you are ready to surrender then" asked Aegon, "We Lannisters don't bend the knee easily, but even the Lion will swallow his pride and admit defeat when he knows he is beaten" said King Loren, "You have chosen well" said Aegon releasing Loren from his chains.

1059r4g.jpg

bhgec3.jpg

158a90i.jpg

The siege and fall of Casterly Rock

Visenya Targaryen flew on her dragon Vhagar to the The Eyrie. There she met the regent for the boy king, Ronnel III. "Lady Arryn, I am Queen Visenya of Westeros, if you and your realm want to avoid the fate of the many other Kingdoms you will surrender". "I shall not surrender, the Eyrie is invincible and not even your dragons will make it fall" replied Lady Arryn, "Then you shall burn" said Visenya pointing Dark Sister to her.

2ljnuz5.jpg

The Vale wants war, they shall get it

Arriving at the Bloody Gate, Aegon looked at its formidable castle. A traitorous Valemen had informed Aegon that the boy King, Ronnel III was inside and not at the Eyrie. Flying high on Balerion, Aegon unleashed dragonfire on the Bloody Gate, the castle that held back invaders for thousands of years fell in a matter of days. The boy King was brought before Aegon, "Visenya, take the boy to the Eryie" said Aegon, "Very well, I'd like to see his mother try to avoid surrender now" said Visenya. Arriving at the Eyrie, King Ronnel ran to his mother, "Mommy mommy, the nice lady let me ride on a dragon" said the boy King to his mother, "Yes he quite enjoyed the ride, now Lady Arryn are you ready to bend the knee" said Visenya, "I see no other option, the Vale submits to you Queen Visenya" said Lady Arryn bowing to her.

2iicowj.jpg

xc7tyg.jpg

The Kingdom of Mountain and Vale, another Kingdom fallen to the dragon

I wonder if naming the child Aerys will be foreshadowing at all for the future king.

Also, I've noticed a common theme in this AAR so far... Lots of crying from the Targaryen sister-queens. :p

Every one of these conversations between the Targaryens and the kings/regents of the land reminds me of that scene from Ghostbusters...

Targaryen: "Will you surrender?"
Westerosi King: "Uh...no."
Targaryen: "Then DIE!!!!"
[Flames engulf the castle]
Westerosi Soldier: "YES, your grace!! When someone riding a dragon asks you to surrender, you say YES!!"