• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like you're going to miss out on the party. If you do have to make a choice between Japan or China in the Axis, I definitely think China would be the better choice since they have a much better chance in the long run. Shame that Hearts of Iron 3 is not like Darkest Hour where you can play until 1964. Would be interesting to see how the world goes.

Looks like you're going to miss out on the party. If you do have to make a choice between Japan or China in the Axis, I definitely think China would be the better choice since they have a much better chance in the long run. Shame that Hearts of Iron 3 is not like Darkest Hour where you can play until 1964. Would be interesting to see how the world goes.

Japan is already in the Axis, and doing quite well against the Soviet tank hordes... to have China too would be awesome

Looks like the Soviets are doomed, thanks to the two-front war with Germany and Japan. Hopefully, together they can take on the USA and help you out when the time comes, cause it would be a shame if the USA unified the Americas.

Looks like the Soviets are doomed, thanks to the two-front war with Germany and Japan. Hopefully, together they can take on the USA and help you out when the time comes, cause it would be a shame if the USA unified the Americas.

not only a shame, a disgrace! we will not allow it!

USA seems bit helpless, also how much leadership and industrial capacity have you got?

19 Leadership and thanks to my low MP growth I've build quite a lot of IC plus my conquered it is 65

10th March 1940 - 10 April 1940

The war in the East has started a very brand new stage: we are involving our armed forces in the campaign in a direct way now: our coastal defenses forces are now patrolling around Denmark to protect our convoys and also to hunt Soviets convoys

AR150.jpg

Besides, our entire Air Force has been rebased to Kaluga, to help and assist Panzer troops marching towards Moscow, the pearl of the Soviet Crown

AR151.jpg

Results of course were mixed: the light fighters outdated and few could not withstand the numbers and experience of Soviet enemies

AR152.jpg

We lost half our fighter force in the first week... it can not be sustained in the time, but we need the experience...

the Bombers on the other side did the job quite well:

AR153.jpg
AR154.jpg

Meanwhile back on the ground, the Soviets are experiencing some sort of lack of troops, if not, it can not be understand why their capital is so undefended

AR155.jpg

on the Home front, the civilian population, seeing our brave pilots bleeding themselves to protect our Allies, did a very generous contribution to the war effort

AR156.jpg

On April 1st, a high level meeting was organized: they should decided if boots should be sent to fight the Red hordes:

although it was argued that the material and the training of the troops is less than ideal, the experience should boost our Army, and we could use this as a leverage in case we might need German aid in the future... so, it was voted the 2. Army should be sent as an expeditionary force to our German Ally

AR157.jpg

the Germans, thanked us this gesture by giving us 25 more IC by lend-lease... most welcome will allow the construction of two heavy fighters wings

Argentinian forces on the eastern front, well as long as they have proper winter gear they should be fine I guess...

Argentinian forces on the eastern front, well as long as they have proper winter gear they should be fine I guess...

If they don't have enough anti-tank equipment they will be slaughtered, they might even then if they are not up to date with research.

If they don't have enough anti-tank equipment they will be slaughtered, they might even then if they are not up to date with research.

My naive inner voice said "the Germans will handle that"

Then I thought "Stalingrad"

I would say the Argentinians are no better off than the Hungarians or Italians, maybe even worse off in research?

My naive inner voice said "the Germans will handle that"

Then I thought "Stalingrad"

I would say the Argentinians are no better off than the Hungarians or Italians, maybe even worse off in research?

waaay worst in many aspects... but anti tank tech is one I have tried to keep up to date: every Infantry Division has a support unit and also the cavalry ones have... but again, I am not Germany and I'm sending horses against T-34... let's see what comes out of that... any case, I'm giving the German AI control of those units... if only to fill some gaps in the front, they will be useful

10th April 1940 - 1st July 1940

the valiant fight over the skies of Russia continues and our pilots sacrifice is helping the advance towards Moscow... even just a little:

AR162.jpg

AR163.jpg

AR164.jpg

Meanwhile, a very forgotten conflict arose again to the international sight: the Chinese Civil war, and the Commies of Mao are doing quite well... maybe Japan should have had eliminated them before signing peace with the Nats...

AR160.jpg

AR161.jpg

And finally, on June 5th the Den of the Reds collapsed: Moscow has fallen!

AR165.jpg
AR166.jpg

and our ships in the North Sea are hunting some Red ships too:

AR167.jpg

After this events, our ground troops are still waiting to be sent to Russia, but it is clear the war will be over soon... and our airplanes need rest too

Excellent! With the Moscow railroad Crossroads in German hands the Soviet supply system will be in disarray. That should allow Germany to deal the killing blow.

Excellent! With the Moscow railroad Crossroads in German hands the Soviet supply system will be in disarray. That should allow Germany to deal the killing blow.

Soviets are harder to defeat than anticpated... ;)

Would be interesting if somehow Red China became the new big bad that you spend the final part of the game defeating.

there are a lot of enemies to defeat still: USA; Allies... but a Red China rising and taking the place of the Soviets is interesting no doubts