• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kurt Belli

Private
4 Badges
Jul 28, 2014
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
Hi

Does anyone still have any tutorial on mapediting? If not, is anyone ready to explain some basics to a newcomer? I searched the forum and found out there used to be a very useful atn file. Does anyone still have it?

Thank you.

Well, I already know about Magellan tool a little, though I need a short step-by-step guide to get something out of this tool. What lightmap do I modify first? How do I do that? And other not really smart questions:eek:o So, just a short guide would be helpful for a start. As far as I understand there was an atn photoshop script meant to facilitate editing? Do you by chance still have it?

Well, I already know about Magellan tool a little, though I need a short step-by-step guide to get something out of this tool. What lightmap do I modify first? How do I do that? And other not really smart questions:eek:o So, just a short guide would be helpful for a start. As far as I understand there was an atn photoshop script meant to facilitate editing? Do you by chance still have it?

If you search for something on the forums you can use google for that when you limit it to a search on the paradox forum:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Magellan+site:forum.paradoxplaza.com

found for example a thread about Magellan in the old EU2 forum:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?374083-Magellan-Noob.

Here's the atn file. I don't have time to write a guide at the moment but to directly answer your question - you should only work on lightmap 1 then generate the other two while injecting.

Do you intend to modify an existing map or create a new one from scratch?

Attachments

• magellan.zip
    1,8 KB · Views: 63
Here's the atn file. I don't have time to write a guide at the moment but to directly answer your question - you should only work on lightmap 1 then generate the other two while injecting.

Do you intend to modify an existing map or create a new one from scratch?

Thanks a lot. I am somewhat intrigued about 10000 provinces limit and I want to push up to that number. Right now I am not quite sure what path should I choose, I'll try both, and probably will go for the easiest.

FTG does increase the province limit to 10000 but Magellan itself doesn't support it as it hasn't been updated since the EU2 days so we're effectively still stuck with the old province limit.

Also the global limit isn't really the issue as it's quite impossible to draw a map with that amount of provinces given the resolution. What is really imposing is the limit of 256 provinces per region which is still the same as before.

Also the global limit isn't really the issue as it's quite impossible to draw a map with that amount of provinces given the resolution. What is really imposing is the limit of 256 provinces per region which is still the same as before.

So, does that mean that in fact there is no any effective way to override that old 2020 provinces limitation? That's very-very sad:(

So, does that mean that in fact there is no any effective way to override that old 2020 provinces limitation? That's very-very sad:(

Not a problem. 2020 provinces are enough to create a good map.

But for which time do you want to draw the map? For ancient age there are Ptolemy World Map and SGL map. For modern age there is Old World Map and MyMap. Do you want to restart a new map?