• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe it will just be 10 Euro/Dollar and not 20? :D

Well, if thats the case, then I missed out on the opportunity to earn some bluecoins on gamersgate by purchasing it there.

I guess that's not final. An expansion of Charlemagne's size should be about 20 €/$.

No it should not, atleast not with the info we have for the moment. It should be cheaper than TOG (due to less content) so 10 €/$/£ fits in.

I still dont understand why people play controlling multiple vassals. It has long been a bad strategy decision for big empires. As soon as I reach multi-kingdom empire level I immediately start giving king titles. It is easier to manage and and cleans up the map nicely.
World domination games are a breeze if you only control kings and it is so easy to make sure you will never have a revolt without even cheesing it. A non-dinasty vassal king of the culture of that kingdom is so easy to keep happy. Who still plays an empire with 20 duke vassals?!!!

... Who still plays an empire with 20 duke vassals?!!!

When playing as the ERE, I do not create k_level vassals. K_level titles negate the revocation privilege enjoyed by the ERE emperor/empress.

As soon as I reach multi-kingdom empire level I immediately start giving king titles.

I assume this only applies once you create an e_level title for yourself. Creating a k_level title and then handing it out as a k_level title-holder, yourself, means granting that person independence, otherwise.

I still dont understand why people play controlling multiple vassals. It has long been a bad strategy decision for big empires. As soon as I reach multi-kingdom empire level I immediately start giving king titles. It is easier to manage and and cleans up the map nicely.
World domination games are a breeze if you only control kings and it is so easy to make sure you will never have a revolt without even cheesing it. A non-dinasty vassal king of the culture of that kingdom is so easy to keep happy. Who still plays an empire with 20 duke vassals?!!!

I think it is a safe to assume the only vassals you want are Kings upon becoming an Emperor. I mean if your defined territory is the Kingdom of Aragon and you are also as say Emperor of Hispania/Spain, then your first vassals besides whatever counts and dukes you may have in Aragon would be the Kings of Navarre, Portugal, Leon, and Castile. Of course you can mod the game quite easily so Andalusia is still viable as a vassal. And just make sure all your vassals are of your dynasty.

I only consider giving out King titles if the it would go with what that culture actually did in history. There were not alot of monarchs who had sub-kings. I guess the Carolingians did when the reigning King would give the title of king to his sons as junior kings under his authority and I guess it makes sense that if the Byzantine Empire became larger they might establish Despots to oversee a region. Also the Holy Roman Emperor has the kingdom of Bohemia as his vassal. So I kind of would like to maintain the option of not giving out King level titles without any penalties, though I think it is fine that you are encouraged to give out Duke level titles.

I think it is a safe to assume the only vassals you want are Kings upon becoming an Emperor. I mean if your defined territory is the Kingdom of Aragon and you are also as say Emperor of Hispania/Spain, then your first vassals besides whatever counts and dukes you may have in Aragon would be the Kings of Navarre, Portugal, Leon, and Castile. Of course you can mod the game quite easily so Andalusia is still viable as a vassal. And just make sure all your vassals are of your dynasty.

When giving king titles make sure your vassals are NOT of your dinasty. Otherwise you are going to have a bunhc of claimants to your Imperial title with enough strenght to make you break a sweat. Also since they will all be related that means a potential huge alliance agaisnt you. Give King titles to a loyal local duke. It is important the King is same culture as his vassals to avoid internal strife.
Marry your non-heir sons to women with titles (preferably in other kingdoms) so they leave your court.