• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idris23

Second Lieutenant
73 Badges
Dec 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
When i saw that there was a new DLC coming out for CK2 i was Excited. Many of the DLC's that Paradox had released for CK2 have been enjoyable and full of content. But when i saw the trailer and read the features for the DLC i was a bit disappointed. I was really hoping that Paradox would release a Chinese Expansion, or at the very least, a new batch of events and features, or a expansion that focuses on Theocracies or creating and leading a Mercenary Company of Holy Order.

While i will probably buy this i do still fell a bit let down. This DLC will probably good and this isn't a ''hang Paradox for what they have done'' type post, but a discussion on what this DLC could have been.

Not at all. For me, getting to go back and shape Europe and even create an own kingdom sounds great. Also a lot of interesting things happened in the extra century that's been added, such as the start of the Viking Age (in ToG they were just there). There's also supposed to be more RPG-like event chains and a history book that chronicles your dynasties ups and downs. All that makes it more interesting than both Rajas of India and Sons of Abraham. At least for me.

The problem with the game is once you've built up an empire of some sort, you reach a tipping point where nothing is challenging anymore, and most game mechanics become merely an annoyance. A DLC that is effectively about empire building (which let's face I, most players do) might add a lot more interesting mechanics to having such an empire.

When i saw that there was a new DLC coming out for CK2 i was Excited. Many of the DLC's that Paradox had released for CK2 have been enjoyable and full of content. But when i saw the trailer and read the features for the DLC i was a bit disappointed. I was really hoping that Paradox would release a Chinese Expansion, or at the very least, a new batch of events and features, or a expansion that focuses on Theocracies or creating and leading a Mercenary Company of Holy Order.

While i will probably buy this i do still fell a bit let down. This DLC will probably good and this isn't a ''hang Paradox for what they have done'' type post, but a discussion on what this DLC could have been.
I think India should have never been added, and adding China would just be ridiculous.

This is a really disappointing DLC announcement but Chinese expansion would be much much worse. I really wish they'd add an option to remove India from the map instead of expanding the game to regions this game is totally not about.

This is a really disappointing DLC announcement but Chinese expansion would be much much worse. I really wish they'd add an option to remove India from the map instead of expanding the game to regions this game is totally not about.

I kind of liked the Rajas of India it was fun to invade the world as a Zealous Buddhist Emperor.
While a China expansion could be a bit much i do think if handled right it could work. But tbh i just want to see a Theocracy expansion.

The Chronicles and the Weather system are welcome additions but that's about all I'm pumped for, for now at least. It seems like every game will just turn into Karlings VS Caliphs with pagans at the periphery.

I was also holding out for late game content but that still hasn't happened yet.

Hey, I like the Karlings I find them fun to deal with and it often seems their groups of family alliances is the only thing keeping Uayamad Aquitaine and France from happening in the early start kicking off the crusades early.

But no it wasn't a disappointment, India and the surrounds will be more interesting in this start as will the British isles as the picts are still around and also no Norse to deal with only the anglo-saxon Heptarchy and the Britannic Celtic kingdoms in Scotland, wales and Cornwall.

No, not enough information yet to really say disappointed or excited - 100 more years sounds fun in the early game and the ability to create custom kingdoms sounds neat, but I want to know more about it before I get too excited.

Yes for me it is a let down. We probably haven't hear of all the features as of now, but we can believe we know the main ones, and this is very underwhelming for something "big" and this expensive, there is no new really cool and awaited features like cadet dynasty (or so it seems) more in depth plotting or more interesting crown laws and realm management (although the new customizable realms do look intriguing) and no improvement in the vassal-liege relation (once again, apparently)
Overall it could have been worse, thank god it's not a China DLC, but yeah this is not what I was expecting, and I was not pleasantly surprised at all.
Now I'm counting on the patch and the couples of new mechanics to make the game challenging again, this is what I mostly hope for, if it does happen, then i guess I will be satisfied, whatever the content.
We'll see maybe it'll turn out way better than I though. 20 is still very expensive though I hope there is yet some more content to be unveiled.

Wait, people actually believed the Crusader Mings thing? Oh Lord...

Regarding this new expansion, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more info to be relesaed.

Yes for me it is a let down. We probably haven't hear of all the features as of now, but we can believe we know the main ones, and this is very underwhelming for something "big" and this expensive, there is no new really cool and awaited features like cadet dynasty (or so it seems) more in depth plotting or more interesting crown laws and realm management (although the new customizable realms do look intriguing) and no improvement in the vassal-liege relation (once again, apparently)

Diy ou miss the regency overhaul? And Cadet dynasties would never be a DLC feature... Or how do you want to cut historical cadet dynasties from the game?

Diy ou miss the regency overhaul? And Cadet dynasties would never be a DLC feature... Or how do you want to cut historical cadet dynasties from the game?

Regency overhaul sounds pretty neat, it was not really necessary though, we'll see what it means in terms of gameplay.
To be honest cadet dynasty branches does sound hard to implement but not impossible, this is not the topic, but I think a DLC focused entirely on Cadet dynasty doesn't sound so absurd.

Yes, its pretty much a let down. When you get to blob size the game just gets boring so any content that starts you as a blob is uninteresting to me.

Also, for all the hyperventilating on province cultures, outside the one you start with, they are pretty much totally irrelevant in game. So they could add another 200 and I couldn't care less.

Hopefully the dev diaries will be informative rather than 80% what we know already. Not holding my breath overall - if they didn't realise this wasn't worth releasing over two days, they are a little too close to their material.